Can't wait for Diablo 4!

loyalyolayal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

My and I have kids played TL1 and 2. This one is going to be a no-brainer.

Im not hyped considering its a good 4 years away at least

i played the demo of tl2 and just couldn't get into the awful, kiddie/disney graphics (and iirc, the game felt slow/clunky, too). looks like this is more of the same.

I wanted to like Torchlight, but just couldn't. I couldn't even follow the story line it was so bland. And I am definitely not looking forward to another Diablo with the way the crapped all over the franchise with the last installment.

i played the demo of tl2 and just couldn't get into the awful, kiddie/disney graphics (and iirc, the game felt slow/clunky, too). looks like this is more of the same.
Maybe you'd like Grim Dawn or Path of Exile(free game).

Of course im going to buy any diablo game that comes out but d3 was a huge disappointment

TL2 is one of those games that makes a tiny decision and frustrates the heck out of me.

I originally played TL1 on Xbox with a controller and loved it. But TL2 doesn't even offer the option for something they had for the first game? I'm not into the clickity click, I just prefer a controller.

I never understood the hate for DIII. I mean, it's not as good as DII, but with all the QOL changes the game went through, it's still fun as hell to just jump in and run some rifts.

I tried Path of Exile for a while but could never get into it. The hit detection felt atrocious in that game. Maybe I should give it another try ...

I never understood the hate for DIII. I mean, it's not as good as DII, but with all the QOL changes the game went through, it's still fun as hell to just jump in and run some rifts.

It had a lot of issues but it's a blast to play now. Helps that it's still actively supported. That's one thing Blizzard does better than anybody.

I tried Path of Exile for a while but could never get into it. The hit detection felt atrocious in that game. Maybe I should give it another try ...

Diablo 2 had the best dueling of any rpg ever imo. Diablo 3 didnt even have pvp when it came out. That sunk the game.

The late game is just awful too. Baal runs in d2 had something about them that made them fun. D3 rift runs were boring and most the time youre just chasing after the fastest guy in the group picking up items from already dead monsters.

The item variation was pitiful as well, no more rune words or charms. You basically find a set and grind away for the rest of the season looking for the same set items with slightly better stats.

Compared to D2, which i consider the best rpg ever, it was just bad

The Diablo games have gotten progressively worse for me. I love the first one. Two was a completely different style, huge open areas where you can just kite everything. Less atmospheric and easier. Then 3 just doubles down on that. The gamesc used to be about gameplay but now are more about grinding than anything else. I don't mind grinding per se, but don't enjoy it in Diablo.

I didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out but I remember all the hate it got for different reasons. I bought it when they released it with the expansion and I liked it r

I didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out. When it got released with the expansion I got it and I liked it but I loved Diablo 2. In my opinion it seems like alot of rpg games get turned into more action games and lose role playing depth if that makes sense.

"Extra, extra, people like different things!"

this is a COMPELETELY different statement than saying you "never understood the hate for DIII" - the hate and some very objective reasons for it were stated alllllll over the internet.

i dislike games others mostly like and i like some games others don't. but i can certainly understand why certain games get hated on, ESPECIALLY d3.

My and I have kids played TL1 and 2. This one is going to be a no-brainer.

I'm stoked. I still fire up and play SP Torchlight 2. It's low stress gameplay for me.

Unfortunately, you have to beat the game at least once before you've even achieved the leveling to have interesting dynamics with your abilities that demand more complex battles and gameplay...unless you activate the command console. You also have to activate the command console to freely respec without building a whole new character. For that reason alone I would never be interested in any MP-dimension of this game.

If you can't freely change your talent trees in a game built around talent trees, at any time, and as many times as you wish, without being flagged as a "cheater", then there is zero incentive to play that game unless you're teaming up with like-minded people. Imagine not being able to respec in World of Warcraft. That would kill the game, single-handed.

I didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out but I remember all the hate it got for different reasons. I bought it when they released it with the expansion and I liked it r

I didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out. When it got released with the expansion I got it and I liked it but I loved Diablo 2. In my opinion it seems like alot of rpg games get turned into more action games and lose role playing depth if that makes sense.
I loved the first two Diablo games. 1 still has a special place because I played it split screen on the PS1 with my buddy. D2 took everything to new heights, but I wish it had controller support. I always find action CRPG's are better with a controller, for melee classes at least, it's so gratifying.

Diablo 3's art style was off putting from the get go, but their connection issues for the first few weeks were rage inducing. I think we had to always be online in some fashion at first? There were a few other things that irked me about it, even years after it was updated. It just never felt like Diablo proper to me.

this is a COMPELETELY different statement than saying you "never understood the hate for DIII"

No it isn't. I said it wasn't as good as Diablo 2 to begin with, then stated I liked it for what it is. Thus implying I don't understand the hate for DIII on a personal level, cause I like both games. People can dislike DIII, it's all good, I just don't share the sentiment and don't understand myself, seeing how I sunk probably near to 500 hours in it, mostly enjoyed my time playing it and still find new stuff.

Stop overdramatizing stuff with your ALL CAPS BS lol

...yeah, the 2 statements are still COMPLETELY (caps, OH NOES) different.

lolz @ the one making absurd statements complaining about "overdramatizing"

Back