Can't turn up headphone volume with TV

Lol

The only thing I can recommend is you get some turtle beach headphones or something directly for gaming

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking I might have to do.

What's the tv model?

I'll have to check. It's the 70" Samsung that Costco sells.

Use something like this this to connect to your headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000I23TTE/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1401139662&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Or this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00001P4XH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1401139807&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

It might solve your problems.

Or if your gaming get some turtle beaches. I use turtle beaches at night when the family is sleeping.

I tried the in-line volume control in your second link. It only allowed me to turn the volume down but not up. Do you think the first link cables would be any different?

Try switching "Auto Volume" to off and see if you can use the remote to control the headphone volume.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking I might have to do.

I'll have to check. It's the 70" Samsung that Costco sells.

I tried the in-line volume control in your second link. It only allowed me to turn the volume down but not up. Do you think the first link cables would be any different?

probably not. Its to hook up to an amplifier. Turtle beaches are probably your best option.

You could try a headphone amp. You should really have one anyway for a good pair of cans.

What system are you playing on? If PS3 or PS4, I'd recommend getting some the Playstation Pulse Elite headset, it works for nearly all your devices. Hell even if you don't use a playstation, they work on the TV as well wirelessly. The USB dongle has a little headphone Jack that if you plug it into the TV and into the USB dongle, the dongle sends the wireless signal to your headphones and volume control is done via the headset, not the TV.

I currently use the headset on my PC and PS3/PS4 at night for the same reason you want to use them, so you wont wake anyone up at night. The sound quality is great too. They aren't too expensive for what they offer at 130$. I'd say they are worth looking into.

Edit: Just tried out the wireless TV connectivity, looks like you DO need to use the TV volume, however the headset also has its own volume control, so in other words you turn up the TV as loud as you want then you can turn it down or up how you want it on the headset. On PC and PS3/PS4 it overrides the volume control and its done strictly on the headset, don't know why not on the TV.

Last edited:
Back