Cant start new thread?

Will we get notified when we can start making threads ?
You won't get a notification but you'll become a Yellow Belt when you reach 150 so that's when you'll know

I'm having this problem, despite being yellow belt now. Do I just have to wait for a bit and the privilege will be available

Hey Ive been here since 2007 but I just ghost alot, I used to be able to make threads, but not no more, did you guys throw me in with the noobs or what? fought in cage, in the ring and state champ in jujuitsu so I feel like I have at least a little knowledge of the game.

Hey Ive been here since 2007 but I just ghost alot, I used to be able to make threads, but not no more, did you guys throw me in with the noobs or what? fought in cage, in the ring and state champ in jujuitsu so I feel like I have at least a little knowledge of the game.
You can bypass the restriction with an amateur or pro fighter account. Send a PM to an Admin with your credentials and they will upgrade your account.

If you reach 150 posts you'll stop being a white belt and the restriction lifts.

You're not too far off that now, just join a few threads in UFC Discussion ;)

If you reach 150 posts you'll stop being a white belt and the restriction lifts.

You're not too far off that now, just join a few threads in UFC Discussion ;)
Nah im getting a pass bro Ive been in the trenches.

I have an exact same question that what he question about it.
I'm a such newby on this page, and the Sherdog consider me as a "whitebelt". I really appreciate it.
Please teach me to start my own thread. how????how????wow lol.
Thank you.

I have an exact same question that what he question about it.
I'm a such newby on this page, and the Sherdog consider me as a "whitebelt". I really appreciate it.
Please teach me to start my own thread. how????how????wow lol.
Thank you.
The ability to start threads will unlock once you reach yellow belt which is unlocked at 150 posts.

whats the rationale behind having to make replies before you can start a thread.

Hi, I registered with the site in december and have only just tred starting a new thread on another part of the forum but a message came up saying i dont have persission and that my account needs validating. Can anyone help?
I’m new too!

Heya folks, filthy casual here. I've never followed sports until now and I'm fascinated by the way people seem to emotionally invest in specific fighters/narratives and how they change over time. As such, I was hoping to search through older threads and view a given story from the start. Unfortunately, the default forum search options seemed geared towards the opposite: I see "newer than" and "sort by newest" but no "older than" or "sort by oldest".

I tried using google with "site:forums.sherdog.com" and then specifying a date range, but google date search doesn't play well with forum results for some reason, so I'll be flooded with 2019 results on a 2013 only search...

Did I just miss a search option, or is there another search method/engine I should try?

I would have posted my own thread, but there's basically no chance I will ever have the 150 posts to start my own thread.

Last edited:
Back