Can't put on weight...

heres a salad i came up with living on my own, relatively cheap, delicious and nutritious

Baby spinach (lots of it!)
Broccoli
carrots
almonds
1/2 an avacado
red, orange or yellow peppers
cheddar (tastes better) or cottage cheese (healthier)
chicken breast
any other veggies you can think of

topped with all natural ceasar or vinergarette

dont eat this out of a little cereal bowl......you need a BIG mixing bowl or a feed bag if you have a horse you can steal it from

also try upping your weight and lowering your reps to 5-7 this should help you bulk up a little more, make sure you practice proper form and have a spotter to avoid injury though, squats and dead lifts are REALLY good, work the largest muscle groups, legs, back and chest for the biggest gains.....you wont gain much weight focusing on arms or abs

spotter is really key so you can push yourself past your limits and for motivation, i went from 150 to 168 in about 4 months, i also drank a lot of weight gainer shakes and followed every workout with a 40-50gram protein shake, try adding some all natural peanut butter to your diet too, high in protein and good fats (make sure its ALL NATURAL! no skippy or jif, i buy the smuckers)

your body is most likely to absorb protein within an hour of your workout so thats when you should consume the most (about 50 grams), also the best time for creatine, I switch between BSN Syntha-6 and muscle milk depending on my caloric needs, ive found those are the 2 that taste the best, any other time you can only absorb 20-30grams per hour, so a 50 gram protein shake 3 times a day is uselss, also drink a lot of milk, this has the casein proteins which take longer to digest so you absorb more instead of flushing it down the toilet
(syntha-6 and muscle milk are good for this too)

also keep in mind with all the cardio you do you have to consume that many more calories to compensate

if you can eat 1g of protein for every lb you want to weigh......if you want to hit 200lbs try to consume 200grams of protein a day, this is very difficult and requires that you consume 20-30g of protein every 3-4 hours. this is what ive been told......but ive found its almost impossible to do on a daily basis, so just do your best

also a tip i got out of a magazine from a pro football player "how to gain 10lbs of muscle fast" is eat a big steak at least twice a week the rarer the better, along with increasing weight and lowering reps

hope this helps

good luck

just realized this post was 7pgs long so i apologize if someone already went over all this

^^ thanx man! That salad just seems like too much work tho haha.. I'm too into easy quick on the go stuff and I think thats one of my problems.. I def am getting plenty of protein..This past week I've been eating alot more carbs and vegi's...Too bad I'm getting my wisdom teeth yanked 2moro and will prob lose 5 lbs. in 2 days lol..

Back