Can't find/buy a Shoyoroll? Well your problem is solved!!

Comp 350+
A3 = SOLD OUT
A2= 2 Remaining
A5= 1 Remaining

I have the Platinum 350 & ( Rank1 in stock Mostly Blue Belt Ones).....

received the Comp 350+ yesterday in the mail. really fast shipping considering i ordered it on 11/1/10. i had to jet out to work but i wanted to give some initial thoughts.

first, i am 5'8", 155 lbs, and a 30x30 pant size. average build i'd say. ordered an A2.

ok, the pants are so light! this is my first experience with ripstop material so i am very curious to how they perform and hold up considering how thin they are. one thing i noticed is that they are just ever so slightly transparent. i imagine i might be getting second looks when they get wet from sweat, but i'll have my jaco guardian's on underneath so nobody's getting too much of a show :icon_lol:

the pants are quite comfortable and fit just about right. they came to rest on my feet with a cm or 2 of clearance off the ground and i imagine with a washing and dry should be right where i like them. i like that there are 4 loopholes for the rope compared to 2 on my fuji gi's.

the jacket out of the box was definitely big. GC says the gi's are slim fit, but i definitely felt like i was swimming in it from the shoulders on down the trunk. now it may be because i'm so used to the fit of my fuji single weave, which is pretty form fitting on me, but i think the GC should feel better once i get a wash in. i cold wash and low heat dry my fuji's, by the way, so they have shrunk to fit my body. also, the gi felt long on my body and the sleeves came slightly past my wrists, but again a hot wash is in the near future. the collar was nice and thick and seemed about the same as my fuji's.

other than that i didn't get much time to check it out. the contrast stitching is definitely an eye catcher i must mention. hopefully tomorrow morning after work i will take some pictures before and after a wash and give people a better idea of the fit and finish.

initially though i would say these are really nice gi's, especially for the $80 i paid.

Last edited:
Ok.. I just got this GC Platinum 350 gi in the mail..
I've been wanting a black gi for a while so I thought I would give this this one a try.
First impression out of the box is good. The gi looks and fits great.
I'm 5'8, 170lb. average build. This gi is an a2. This pic is pre-wash
010.jpg

The jacket is a 350g weight weave which is softer than I expected it to be. The weave itself seems not to be as tight as other kimonos i've owned. I assume this to be why the jacket is so light. I don't believe this to be an issue though, as all seams/stress points are reinforced well and the mid-seam is reinforced with a strip of rip-stop, which runs down the arm and reinforces the cuff.
027.jpg

The pants are 10 oz. rip-stop and feel very durable. I believe the pants are my favorite part of this gi; they are so comfortable! I can't say anything bad about them.
034.jpg

Overall, my first impression is that this gi is nice, and the only downside to me is the weight/weave of the jacket. With a 450g weave jacket this gi would be Awesome!
Also want to add that the shipping was very fast; I ordered Tues. night and received on Fri.

Ok.. I just got this GC Platinum 350 gi in the mail..
I've been wanting a black gi for a while so I thought I would give this this one a try.
First impression out of the box is good. The gi looks and fits great.
I'm 5'8, 170lb. average build. This gi is an a2. This pic is pre-wash
010.jpg

The jacket is a 350g weight weave which is softer than I expected it to be. The weave itself seems not to be as tight as other kimonos i've owned. I assume this to be why the jacket is so light. I don't believe this to be an issue though, as all seams/stress points are reinforced well and the mid-seam is reinforced with a strip of rip-stop, which runs down the arm and reinforces the cuff.

out of the box the gi looks to fit you better. the length is the same, but since you are 15 lbs heavier than me you fill it out nicely.

out of the box the gi looks to fit you better. the length is the same, but since you are 15 lbs heavier than me you fill it out nicely.

yeah I actually thought it was going to fit a little tighter but it turned out great.. I don't know about the 8oz ripstop pants, but the 10oz are nice. This was my first pair of ripstop as well.. I've had 8 oz regular cotton pants b4 though and they were too thin imo... I really want to see how much punishment this gi can take..

The weave will tighten after first wash like most other kimonos...
The 350 gram weight is a good weight they have been battle ground tested so have no worries about that.
The 8 oz Rip Stop pants are very strong we only upgraded to 10oz to make it even stronger.
Gram weight is important but stitching is more important then anything, that is why we take extra care in reinforcements , that is the key to a durable Kimono . Also guys make sure not to use Bleach on any kimono it eats away the fabric.....
There will be a 450 pearl weave next year i will keep everyone informed they will be very limited ...
We would also like to thank everyone who has purchased!!!!!!!!
Remember to send your comp pics in your GC Kimonos we have been known to send free stuff to Gc supporters ....

Man, I missed the A3s..........When is that new stock coming out?? I want one.

so here's a quick follow up review with pictures on my initial impression post. sorry in advance for the crap pics, but i was by myself and can't find my tripod.

as mentioned in my previous post, the gi felt pretty big on me even though it is being called a slim fit. in these pictures it doesn't seem that huge, but there was definitely more room than i liked in the shoulders and through the trunk. the arms were also a tad long as you can see they went a good 1 inch past my wrist joint with my arms outstretched. the pants rested on the top of my feet and came to about 1 cm from the floor at the heel.

P1000211a.jpg

P1000213.jpg

and here's a picture compared to my A2 Fuji Single weave top that is regularly washed and dried on low heat.

P1000215.jpg

i washed and dried the gi in warm water and on low heat. the pants i dried for ~15 minutes, which when i took them out were 80% dry, and the jacket i did for ~35-40 minutes total checking for fit at 20 and 30 minutes. at 35 mins the jacket was basically completely dry and needed that whole time to shrink to my liking. this is a good thing because now i know i can just chuck it in the dryer after a wash instead of waiting for hang dry since its shrunk all that it's going to.

so here are comparison pics fresh from the dryer. as you can see the pants shrunk perfectly to cover my ankles and come to my preferred length of just touching the top of my feet. the arms as you can see now come just to my wrist joint when at rest and just slightly before the joint when outstretched. just what i was going for.

a little harder to see in the pics is the difference in the shoulders and trunk. though hard to see let me tell you that the feeling of it was significant to me. the gi is now more a slim cut, but doesn't restrict my movement.

P1000218a.jpg

P1000219.jpg

you can really see the amount it shrank from this pic again comparing to the Fuji. i'd approximate a full inch in the skirt and one-and-a-quarter inches in the arms.

P1000216.jpg

a couple more photos so i will continue this in the next post... (stupid sherdog photo limit...)

and part 2...

so to summarize the fit. i'm 5'8" and 150-155 lbs, average build and for me the A2 after shrinking is basically a perfect fit. form fitting so i don't feel like i'm swimming, but not restricting in any sort of way. the skirt is a fair length and not too long, and not too short that its constantly coming out of my belt if i just bend over. arm length is just to the wrist just how i like it. the pants are super light weight and fit amazing. total freedom of movement in all positions and enough room that i don't feel them "catching" my skin even when i'm all sweaty. after a few minutes in the drier the length is perfect coming to my ankles.

overall i'm happy with my purchase. only question now is durability. i've rolled in it just once and i will say that the gi held up great and didn't give me any indication of future problems. the material of the jacket is thinner and softer than my fuji and noticeably lighter than my Fuji, but again the gi felt great. stitching looks solid and reinforcements are in all the places you'd expect on a gi so i'm not worried.

finally, i will mention just one negative. however, i will say that this truly doesn't bother me in the slightest as it doesn't affect performance in the least, but i know for some people (gi aficionados and collectors) they may not like it.

while the stitching is strong and appears will do a great job in terms of durability, it is definitely not the cleanest looking job in the world. i had a couple loose threads and you can see that the lines aren't always the cleanest or even.

here are a couple examples:

P1000221.jpg

P1000220.jpg

again, i personally don't care in the long run. the gi fits great and that's all that matter to me and for under a hundred shipped i'm happy. plus the customer service was great and any emails were answered within hours. shipping was 4 days from fl to wa state.

so in the end a big thumbs up to Ground Control!
i don't tend to get too detailed in my reviews, just more an overall picture and feeling, but i hope it helps nonetheless.

Check out BJJweekly.com the video for the Gorilla Gi Grips is there....

Check out BJJweekly.com the video for the Gorilla Gi Grips is there....

yikes, more like a half assed instructional :redface:

I am still very insterested in the product itself!

yikes, more like a half assed instructional :redface:

I am still very insterested in the product itself!

I know they post here, but bjjweekly is really terrible when comes to reviews. They never really tell you much about the product at all and usually is just useless banter between 2 or 3 guys. If they are gonna do reviews they should have a script or general outline rehearsed so that they can touch on the major points of a product, pros, cons, etc.

That was something to get the basic idea, its not meant to be a instructional.
I am used to using a towel or having to bring my Gi Top to the gym for work outs, its a little more old school. That is why we came up with this solution so far so good 25 sold today so they r almost sold out. Thank u to those that have purchased... Keep me informed on how your grips get....

That was something to get the basic idea, its not meant to be a instructional.
I am used to using a towel or having to bring my Gi Top to the gym for work outs, its a little more old school. That is why we came up with this solution so far so good 25 sold today so they r almost sold out. Thank u to those that have purchased... Keep me informed on how your grips get....

oh I know, I was just saying how lack luster it was on their part. Almost seemed like they were mocking it.

I am in the process of doing a instructional, so maybe here soon...
I have just been so busy and i know that is no excuse ...

Heads up the 1sherdog code is now good for 10% off, also we can no longer include the shorts....

The Platinum 350 is now on sale for $109.99 ( only a few remaining )
Gorilla Gi Grips are running low......

Also keep an eye out we just did a couple of big sponsors with some bad ass BJJ Black Belts. Tell your Professors and Black Belts at your schools to contact us for sponsorships. I will not be posting as much as i would like on the forums anymore but can always be contacted at [email protected] for any questions. Once again we would like to thank all who have purchased.....

I have 2 GC jackets and 1 pair of pants and just ordered another GC Gi recently.

I love the GC gi's and recommend them to my friends and training partners. I plan on competing in one next month for the first time, but have been rolling in the gi's for month's now.

I had a slight problem with the first jacket and their customer service took care of it and sent out a new jacket. You know they're good people when they stand behind their products.

Back