Can't find/buy a Shoyoroll? Well your problem is solved!!

chnsx7

White Belt
Reaction score
OK because I have the hardest time finding a Shoyoroll batch 7, it has caused me to look at other competitors.

For some reason, I checked out ground control gis, and they look EXACTLY like the Shoyoroll gi's (i know because I own 3 shoyoroll gi's)!

GROUND CONTROL FIGHT GEAR; GROUND CONTROL FIGHT GEAR <--click

their description seems very similar, the design is very similar

i am a bit hesitant to try these out because i haven't heard any reviews about them.

but it looks like the blueprint for the gi design is the same.

IMG_0882.JPG

what do you guys think?

I would be concerned about the durability of something that light. Its a give and take. The black with red stitching one does look sharp though. Maybe if they made one in blue.

I have a GC 350 gi, but with the older style patch, and I prefer my SYR over it. Yes the 350 is the lightest gi I have, but I don't like the feel of the weave, feels like you are wearing a towel, and when the jacket gets wet it's also not best feeling. The pants are the thinnest ripstop I've seen. I paid $75 shipped for mine so really can't complain since it's a backup gi anyway

The new 350 series are a little different then the old Comp 350. We have updated the pants on the Platinum 350 series to 10oz . The Comp 350+ has the same 8oz rip stop pants with all the updated features. Edson Diniz just won the Miami Open in a Gc Kimono, so did up in coming super star Pedro Torres.. Give it try i think u will like it... Also the weave we use is like Keiko Raca... Also check out the review done on BJJWEEKLY.COM

Last edited:
The new 350 series are a little different then the old Comp 350. We have updated the pants on the Platinum 350 series to 10oz . The Comp 350+ has the same 8oz rip stop pants with all the updated features. Edson Diniz just won the Miami Open in a Gc Kimono, so did up in coming super star Pedro Torres.. Give it try i think u will like it... Also the weave we use is like Keiko Raca... Also check out the review done on BJJWEEKLY.COM

Maybe I will try out the newer models of the 350, any plans of releasing in blue? And how about a discount code for us sherdoggers like you provided for the initial release? Or just for those wanting to try the updated version

1SHERDOG is the code, it is for 20% off. We will have a Blue Version Jan or Feb 2011. Leave a review if u get one of the new ones...

Great gi's for sure.I dont think durability is an issue with these gis.My guys have been toturing them and they still look like new no wear as of yet 2 months in of heavy training

I got an GC ultra lite ripstop gi some months ago. The pants were pretty snug and the collar was almost non-existant, very very easy to grab and maintain grips. How is the collar on the new 350+ and/or platinum? The video review on bjjweekly said it was pretty thick foam. Is it hard to grab yet comfortable to wear?

The lapel on the new 350 series and the Rip Stop series is much thicker then before. We did this on the new Comp 350 and have kept it the same on all our new Kimonos. We get mixed reviews on what lapel thickness should be some like thin, like Vulkan others like thick like Howards Combat, ours falls in the middle if compared to these popular brands. The new GCFG 350 will also have A3 Slim & A3 Husky sizes and will be released end of the year ( this is sometimes a issue for people in between sizes ) . If anyone has any questions feel free to post or e-mail me at [email protected].

Wow, 20 percent off of a 99 dollar gi.. How can anyone go wrong. Im really digging the camo gi. May have to try it out.

The lapel on the new 350 series and the Rip Stop series is much thicker then before. We did this on the new Comp 350 and have kept it the same on all our new Kimonos. We get mixed reviews on what lapel thickness should be some like thin, like Vulkan others like thick like Howards Combat, ours falls in the middle if compared to these popular brands. The new GCFG 350 will also have A3 Slim & A3 Husky sizes and will be released end of the year ( this is sometimes a issue for people in between sizes ) . If anyone has any questions feel free to post or e-mail me at [email protected].

i'm so confused by the gi's you have on your site. comp 350, comp 350+, and then the gcfg 350. the descriptions all basically look the same. what the heck is the difference between them all?

i'm tempted to order but am hoping for an answer first.

Comp 350 White w/Blue Stitching only 1 A1 Remaining ( Only 100 made )

Comp 350+ White w/Red Stitching Has new features short run 350 Weave Crotch , Id Pocket Jacket , Mouth Piece Pocket in Pants ( Only 25 made )

Platinum 350 Black w/Red Stitching Same Features as Comp 350+..

350 Series means the gram weight of the weave it is made from.

Remember we only make a limited number of each model & then we make a new one so once they r sold out that's it they r gone forever we have produced about 12 series so far.

GCFG 350 is not available yet they r being made White w/White Stitching they also will have a patch in the front...

Also about the Stance Kimonos we just sell those (they r not made by Ground Control), they r a great Gi Company from Brazil owned by friends. They ship direct from Brazil and we can not except a discount code for those...

Any other ? let me know....

Hey guys today only we r adding free shorts to all orders , just a heads up.....
So u guys can get 20% off and free fight shorts..... Today Only !!!!!!!!

Just bought them for 90 bucks. A gi with shorts...its a deal yo

How is the cut on the GC gis?

Favoring bigger guys, slim guys, etc.?

Just bought them for 90 bucks. A gi with shorts...its a deal yo

Wow I can't believe I'm a day late on that deal... any chance for an extension on that? :icon_lol: Great offer either way!

Wow I can't believe I'm a day late on that deal... any chance for an extension on that? :icon_lol: Great offer either way!

yeah i hate missing good deals when i'm at work. the concerns i have about the gi is the complaints i've heard against ripstop pants, and also i'm not sure what size to get. i wear a A2 in the single weave fuji which is just right, but i'm not sure when i look at the GC sizing chart. i'm 5'8" and 150ish so by height i'm def and A2, but looking at weight and the other measurements i could be an A1.

hopefully GC chimes back in on this thread.

Last edited:
Ground Control Kimonos R Slim Cut so don't try to squeeze into one , a size up is alway's good if you are at the top of that bracket.

In my opinion our Rip Stop pants r great, they also have a new cut to them.
I will not wear any other pants , and i have the option to make the pants plain cotton. It cost more to produce with Rip Stop but it is worth it. We use a cotton Rip Stop...

A3 Slim & Husky Coming Soon....

We will do free shorts today only too.....

Ground Control Kimonos R Slim Cut so don't try to squeeze into one , a size up is alway's good if you are at the top of that bracket.

In my opinion our Rip Stop pants r great, they also have a new cut to them.
I will not wear any other pants , and i have the option to make the pants plain cotton. It cost more to produce with Rip Stop but it is worth it. We use a cotton Rip Stop...

A3 Slim & Husky Coming Soon....

We will do free shorts today only too.....

thanks for the reply! i shall give the gi a go.

Back