Can't explain this...

Those weren't just any deer. Those were santas deers

#santa bless

"I didn't see what happened, therefore God"
{<Scared}

I want to say a miracle happened to me yesterday, as i have absolutely no idea how to explain this. It may seem minor but it's completely dumbfounded me. So i get out of work and i'm driving home. My commute back and forth is crazy long takes like an hour and 1/2 so i usually listen to podcasts and what have you. This particular one was on Psalm 23, and I was praising God as it was his hitting me...I have everything that i need, i lack nothing, my cup overfloweth, God blesses me abundantly and that's what David was writing about.

So anyway probably like 5 minutes later, I'm driving like 45 mph, it's 12 in the morning- i'm in the middle of nowhere i look down at my phone ( i know, i know- stupid to do) and i look back up and there's like a herd of deer sprinting across the road. There's one deer directly, right in the center of my car...and i'm about i'd say a foot from hitting him, and there's another deer right behind him and they're running from left to right, and i'm going 45 mph.

At this point there's nothing i can do. I don't hit the brakes, i don't careen left or right cause my split second reaction is brace for impact. So i raise both arms to cover my head and duck my head down and brace for impact....and...i'm just waiting...a second or two passes with no loud thud or crash and i'm just coasting right along at probably 45 mph still as i hadn't hit the brakes...And i completely missed the deer. I was like what the? I stare in my review and i can still barely see them in hazy view of my brake lights that illuminated the road. I was by myself but if you were there you would have sad they same thing. Idk what happened.

And i've taken out a lot of animals on this drive where i thought i had a better chance of avoiding them. A couple years ago i put my car in the ditch trying to avoid a deer...AND STILL ENDED UP HITTING THE DEER lol. Last year i had the same exact knee jerk reaction when i was in the passenger side and the car smashed into a moose. But this in my mind was like, 'yup, this car is done for cause i'm going to smash into these deer' and boom nothing happened. I wish had one of those cameras on my dash to see what had happened and rewatch the whole incident. May seem minor, but can't explain it as i'm like 99.99999% sure i should have hit those deer at that speed and the location that i saw them- RIGHT IN FRONT/CENTER of my car no more than a foot or two away from them.

Can't explain it, i think it was a miracle from God- that's my only explanation. Anyhow MERRRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS SHERDOGGERS

1g58y4.jpg

Could've avoided the whole thing had you not taken your eyes off the road to look at your phone

Could've avoided the whole thing had you not taken your eyes off the road to look at your phone

I spent over three hours in gridlock traffic yesterday, and I can tell you from observations, at least a 1/4 of the people were playing with there phones.

Everybody is either texting, preening, eating, or some other form of multi tasking.
Me, I people watch.
<{danayeah}>

Doesn't make it right, but ....humans.

<{MindBrown}>

I spent over three hours in gridlock traffic yesterday, and I can tell you from observations, at least a 1/4 of the people were playing with there phones.

Everybody is either texting, preening, eating, or some other form of multi tasking.
Me, I people watch.
<{danayeah}>

Doesn't make it right, but ....humans.

<{MindBrown}>

i'm guilty of all this. I will often eat in my car while driving and steer with my knees. I can't say i'm proud...but what can i say

On a side note, I still think texting while driving has killed less people than all the deaths that must have occurred due to people staring in wonder at the piece of crusted snot they pulled out of their noses.

Next time you are in traffic, just for some sporting good fun, give the person beside you in traffic a little honk and imitate them picking their nose and than give them disapproving expressions and gestures.

{<jimmies}<36>

Good times.

A couple years ago i put my car in the ditch trying to avoid a deer...AND STILL ENDED UP HITTING THE DEER lol.

God works in mysterious ways.

Glad you are ok! Merry Christmas!

Similar thing happened to me except I didn't close my eyes and I went right between two of them. Missed the ass end of one of them and the head of the one behind it, by about an inch on both sides. Shit got the blood pumping.

But that close call aside, I've absolutely obliterated deer before. Sent one airborn back in the day with my probe, and blew right through one in the 1 ton.

Your prot psalm numbers aren't even correct. Unless you are arguing that the canonical psalm numeration was incorrect from the old canon, through the early Church, right up until the murderous King James promulgated his own adulterated version of scripture to solidify his political stance.

Lol. Atheists spend so much time studying a book they don't believe in just for moments like this.

Good job man. You are super duper smarter than everyone. Now show this post to a woman to impress her and get smacked back to her friend zone.

Avoided what? A miracle? He avoided the deer you poor pessimistic pitiful sap.

Lol. Atheists spend so much time studying a book they don't believe in just for moments like this.

Good job man. You are super duper smarter than everyone. Now show this post to a woman to impress her and get smacked back to her friend zone.

I showed it to my wife. She wasn't fussed either way. She likes prots even less than I do.

And i've taken out a lot of animals on this drive where i thought i had a better chance of avoiding them. A couple years ago i put my car in the ditch trying to avoid a deer...AND STILL ENDED UP HITTING THE DEER lol.

Stop looking at your phone when your driving if you've been hitting a lot of animals.

Deer can jump surprisingly high, it may have pulled off a fluke and jumped you at just the right time. That's unlikely though.

More than likely you being a very religious person has clouded your judgement and you're experiencing confirmation bias.

Back