Can't explain this...

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I want to say a miracle happened to me yesterday, as i have absolutely no idea how to explain this. It may seem minor but it's completely dumbfounded me. So i get out of work and i'm driving home. My commute back and forth is crazy long takes like an hour and 1/2 so i usually listen to podcasts and what have you. This particular one was on Psalm 23, and I was praising God as it was his hitting me...I have everything that i need, i lack nothing, my cup overfloweth, God blesses me abundantly and that's what David was writing about.

So anyway probably like 5 minutes later, I'm driving like 45 mph, it's 12 in the morning- i'm in the middle of nowhere i look down at my phone ( i know, i know- stupid to do) and i look back up and there's like a herd of deer sprinting across the road. There's one deer directly, right in the center of my car...and i'm about i'd say a foot from hitting him, and there's another deer right behind him and they're running from left to right, and i'm going 45 mph.

At this point there's nothing i can do. I don't hit the brakes, i don't careen left or right cause my split second reaction is brace for impact. So i raise both arms to cover my head and duck my head down and brace for impact....and...i'm just waiting...a second or two passes with no loud thud or crash and i'm just coasting right along at probably 45 mph still as i hadn't hit the brakes...And i completely missed the deer. I was like what the? I stare in my review and i can still barely see them in hazy view of my brake lights that illuminated the road. I was by myself but if you were there you would have sad they same thing. Idk what happened.

And i've taken out a lot of animals on this drive where i thought i had a better chance of avoiding them. A couple years ago i put my car in the ditch trying to avoid a deer...AND STILL ENDED UP HITTING THE DEER lol. Last year i had the same exact knee jerk reaction when i was in the passenger side and the car smashed into a moose. But this in my mind was like, 'yup, this car is done for cause i'm going to smash into these deer' and boom nothing happened. I wish had one of those cameras on my dash to see what had happened and rewatch the whole incident. May seem minor, but can't explain it as i'm like 99.99999% sure i should have hit those deer at that speed and the location that i saw them- RIGHT IN FRONT/CENTER of my car no more than a foot or two away from them.

Can't explain it, i think it was a miracle from God- that's my only explanation. Anyhow MERRRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS SHERDOGGERS

Damn and hour and a half, brutal.
As far as the incident, you either misjudged the distance, sort of missed the deer's actual location or momentum.
I was a little concerned when you said you didn't try to slow down. Wonder if you'd have the same attitude if it was a human. "Oops, hitting him anyway, no time to slow down let's brace for impact"
Off topic, but from now on I will read all your posts in Ned Flanders' voice

Those deer heard that shitty podcast from 100 yards away and ran back into the woods.

I wonder what that deer is thinking right now.

As far as the incident, you either misjudged the distance, sort of missed the deer's actual location or momentum.
I was a little concerned when you said you didn't try to slow down. Wonder if you'd have the same attitude if it was a human. "Oops, hitting him anyway, no time to slow down let's brace for impact"

hahah at ned flanders.

No i'm glad it wasn't some random dude but it's in the middle of nowhere. That would of sucked. I hope i would have trying to careen the car to the right or left if it was a human but...i honestly think there would have been no chance of whatever in front of me of that speed. It's not my first rodeo with smashing into animals.

I wonder what that deer is thinking right now.

maybe...somewhere in the middle of the woods he's talking about the same incident to his buddies how he witnessed a miracle and thought for sure he was dead. He closed his eyes...didn't move. And boom, the car completely missed him and his buddy behind him wasn't taken out.

Man i didn't realize how dangerous hitting deer can be. I'm looking up accident scenes where they come through the windshield and kill people, brutal stuff man.

e341d25f-b8fa-48da-b6e8-61a7601bc86d-deer2manual.jpg

Around here the big ones to worry about are moose, so hitting a deer is usually considered a sigh of relief compared to moose but that's pretty dangerous too man. Makes me even more grateful.

Man i didn't realize how dangerous hitting deer can be. I'm looking up accident scenes where they come through the windshield and kill people, brutal stuff man.

e341d25f-b8fa-48da-b6e8-61a7601bc86d-deer2manual.jpg

Around here the big ones to worry about are moose, so hitting a deer is usually considered a sigh of relief compared to moose but that's pretty dangerous too man. Makes me even more grateful.

Where I grew up, elk were thebpeoblem and they are as. If as horses....moose are even bigger.

Hey Lilo- how are you liking this "feels like -18°" morning? Freeze Mizer took a shit on us last night.

Where I grew up, elk were thebpeoblem and they are as. If as horses....moose are even bigger.

Hitting an elk would suck. Usually around here you hear of someone hitting a moose and dying once a year or so unfortunately. When i first moved up where i was now i was so scared to drive at night, i'd go like 30 or 40 mph the whole way paranoid... i probably have a close encounter hitting a moose once a week probably.

A few days ago i was going like 65-70 night time....probably not smart, and a moose was standing right on the side of the road facing a way. I didn't see him until i literally drove right by him. Probably about a foot from him. That made my heart go through the roof. But that's a common occurrence that I've gotten way to use to.

A week before that was going probably 50 or 60, it's snowing out. Up ahead there's a moose standing right in the road i can see him from like a 100 yards a way. I'm hitting the brakes and it's slippery so i'm not stopping. So i'm pumping the brakes, and careening right at this moose. And i'm just like okay i better start honking the horn hoping this dumb moose gets out of the road...luckily he did.

I really do not enjoy the drive at all as the moose are out of control.

Hey Lilo- how are you liking this "feels like -18°" morning? Freeze Mizer took a shit on us last night.
I was at work nobody told me!! Was not appreciative last night.
This just happens to be like the third weekend off that I've had all year so I'm enjoying my morning cigarette and looking around, it does look glorious outside.
Also, this is kinda weird, but my hornet catching bottle now looks like a KKK hoodie
image.jpeg

Your prot psalm numbers aren't even correct. Unless you are arguing that the canonical psalm numeration was incorrect from the old canon, through the early Church, right up until the murderous King James promulgated his own adulterated version of scripture to solidify his political stance.

Your prot psalm numbers aren't even correct. Unless you are arguing that the canonical psalm numeration was incorrect from the old canon, through the early Church, right up until the murderous King James promulgated his own adulterated version of scripture to solidify his political stance.
<24>

Back