Cant eat like I want to. Intermediate progression instead of SS?

Maintaining muscle isn't a consequense of "reducing reps and sets but keeping the intensity of the reps up", maintaining muscle during weight loss depends on doing adequate work volume on intensity high enough to cause substantial MU recruitement while eating adequate amounts of protein.

Keeping intensity up=substantial MU recruitment, no?

And protein no one can do anything about for the OP's situation.

Losing weight is dependent on calories consumed vs calories burnt. Rep numbers don't come into it.

... And higher reps causes more calories burnt, yes?

So this guy can't eat, but he doesn't do anything about it ? Is that what I'm reading ? And the only income his family has is from him, well at least as far as he's concerned.

The solution is obvious, TS should start eating the people he lives with.

^ We don't endorse cannibalism, Bdan. Well at least not publicly

Now I know this is a bodybuilding youtube video, but youtube 'Big on a Budget' by Animal is very useful, if you're on a tight budget and you want to eat big. There are two of them, one by Evan Centaponi and another by Frank McGrath. Both had to buy a weeks worth of food for $50.. might give you some useful tips.

Now I know this is a bodybuilding youtube video, but youtube 'Big on a Budget' by Animal is very useful, if you're on a tight budget and you want to eat big. There are two of them, one by Evan Centaponi and another by Frank McGrath. Both had to buy a weeks worth of food for $50.. might give you some useful tips.

Being from Canada, I can confirm those prices only apply to the United States.

Lol at how cheap some of that stuff is.

Being from Canada, I can confirm those prices only apply to the United States.

Lol at how cheap some of that stuff is.

Yeah, we couldnt get that stuff that cheap over here either. I did read on one of the comments that it's more expensive in Canada, atleast compared to the prices they were saying in those videos.
Buying in bulk works for me, I can pick up 5kg of fresh chicken breast for

What are you studying there?

You can either change your situation or change your goals. It sounds like you don't want to change your situation so just change your strength/body composition goals to accommodate your education/career goals.

Accept that you'll lose strength and weight while pursing other goals - ie, the reason you went on study abroad which I assume contributes to your longer term education and career related goals.

At the end of your fourth year of school you'll be bigger and stronger than you are now and you will have the experiences from study abroad. Boo hoo if you missed a few months of training gains, you got to study in Spain and live with a really nice, but poor, family.

And a message for the TS.

That bitch is getting in the way of yo' gains fool!
Ditch dat that bitch, get ripped, not whipped.

Or you can move out, eat and train all you want and probably bang a few chicks in your swinging bachelor pad.

Just stop crying about not being able to have everything you want without having to make tough decisions and sacrificing some of the things you want.

Please explain how the possibility that a young inexperienced kid is allowing himself to be left malnurished and provided an unsanitary environment by people who are paid to provide food and accommodation for him, while being duped into feeling sympathy for them and thus not opting to improve his life conditions, isn't something to poke at.

Did you even read this thread? This is the OP:

People already suggested higher intensity/lower volume for strength maintenance during weight loss, there isn't much to add to that.But the main issue here is clearly the unintentional malnutrition.

The kid dropped from 179 to 165 at 5'11" while his description of his diet depicts a diet too low on protein, too low on micronutrients and too low on total calories.

People started suggesting ways to get in more food, OP said he doesn't have enough money, people started suggesting cheap ways to get in calories/protein, OP started saying things about his life situation that didn't add up.

I think your criticism here is entirely unreasonable. This post was really less useful than even this one.
b0e.gif

Okay, here's a tidbit of tough love: This isn't the place or time to give your brand of tough love, and not on this topic. You have the knowledge to actually answer OP's real question (what kind of program to follow in a caloric deficit, not how to change a living arrangement for the gainz), that was actually relevant to S&C, and you didn't.

So anyway, to OP: Pick a program with more moderate progression and slightly lower volume. Personally, I would use this time acquire excellent technique, and not worry about progression as much (but still aim for a little bit of progress). When you return home and can stuff your face, switch back to a more aggressive progression with your new and improved technique.

I'm going to need a peer reviewed scientific study to substantiate this advice.

Or you can move out, eat and train all you want and probably bang a few chicks in your swinging bachelor pad.

Just stop crying about not being able to have everything you want without having to make tough decisions and sacrificing some of the things you want.

Hum since when does asking for advice then trying to clarify my situation qualify as crying? I can accept all the criticism I recieved here but in an earlier post you can see I am completely at terms with not making substantial gains my stay here. Either way I having a blast. I haven't once said anything near 'I need everything I want '...

Go fishing? Catch rabbits? Eat dandelions and wild raspberries?

Back