Can't Dana White be polite for more than one day ?

Amusing how this topic regularly summons the Sherdog Internet Tough guys to defend his rudeness.

He's the public face of a sports organization that presents itself as the most badass, brutal form of unarmed combat. It'd be ridiculous if some uptight, boring suit came out and gave rehearsed, polished speeches at every post-fight press conference.

"Hi folks, here are the numbers from tonight. Gee golly we sure did do swell tonight!"

Generaly i like Dana White, but the last tirade annoyed me, skipping a few UFCs. However, I wonder how long he will be able to maintain his position, if he was anyone else than the a good friend of the Fertitta brothers he'd be long gone - he is probably holding the UFC back quite abit now and the question of how much is enough for the Fertita brothers. He "built the sport" more or less -but that does not give him a free pass to be roadblock for expanding further.

Time will tell.

Dana White is a complete joke. If he wasn't a fertittas childhood friend, he'd be a Wal-Mart management somewhere..

Dana has done a lot for the sport, but the fact remains that the UFC will never get to that next level as long as he is the front man

correct. The UFC is over the angry-teen-phase. It's in it's 20's now. We don't head bang to nu-metal as much any more. Time to present a more professional image.

He's the public face of a sports organization that presents itself as the most badass, brutal form of unarmed combat. It'd be ridiculous if some uptight, boring suit came out and gave rehearsed, polished speeches at every post-fight press conference.

"Hi folks, here are the numbers from tonight. Gee golly we sure did do swell tonight!"

"Hey you fucking goofs, here are the fucking numbers from tonight. Gee golly we sure did fucking swell tonight!" :icon_lol:

"Hey you fucking goofs, here are the fucking numbers from tonight. Gee golly we sure did fucking swell tonight!" :icon_lol:

It's still toned down from what it used to be.

"Loretta Hunt, you dumb bitch. You'e a liar and a ***** and a ******. " - Dana F. White

No one is saying they want a boring suit with a rehearsed speech, but rather a man who could at any time stop calling his customers "retards" via Twitter. The "fuck this, fuck that, fuck you" attitude worked for a while, but its honestly just sad at this point.

Dana has done a lot for the sport, but the fact remains that the UFC will never get to that next level as long as he is the front man

What is that next level (to you)?
I think we saw MMA's heights 5 years ago & I think for the foreseeable future it will be where it has been popularity wise the last 5 years.
if you mean the next level is NFL. MLB, etc, than that won't occur with or without Dana

Back