News Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome affect some heavy Marijuana smokers

On the list of things to worry about from smoking weed this is last on our list with patients. Thats how not common it is. We get more patients having psychosis reactions from undiagnosed bi polar or schizoaffective, or people who green out, are allergic, etc.

Getting psychotic from smoking marijuana doesn't necessarily mean you have an undiagnosed mood or psychotic disorder.

this is also entirely bullshit, Ive smoked weed for 30+years and heavily for more than 20 of those years, Im around quite a few other people that also smoke heavily and I have not only never known anyone to be afflicted by this nor have ever heard of anyone being afflicted by this until I came into this thread....common among heavy smokers?? gtfo lol

You've never heard of it and don't think you or your few friends have experienced it, therefore it's bullshit? Sounds about like stoner reasoning.

Getting psychotic from smoking marijuana doesn't necessarily mean you have an undiagnosed mood or psychotic disorder.

You've never heard of it and don't think you or your few friends have experienced it, therefore it's bullshit? Sounds about like stoner reasoning.

No, but these people often do.

Wonder if it's related to weed dependence for appetite. That's another thing pot smokers love to deny.

The physiology of vomiting is complicated, and marijuana affects a number of neurological and endocrinological pathways, so the mechanism how it causes vomiting while also being used for nausea and appetite stimulation is probably not understood. It surely involves overstimulating receptors and causing derangements in how these pathways work.

Translation:

Lightweights can't handle their shit.

No, but these people often do.

Don't have a link right this second, but there was a pretty good study published within the last 2 years that looked at a large group of people over a 20-year follow-up period, and about 40 percent or people who got psychotic from smoking marijuana eventually developed schizophrenia within the 20 years, and almost 50 percent developed either schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. So there's still a good chunk of people who get psychotic when they smoke yet never develop one of these disorders.

Most people when they smoke marijuana obviously don't get psychotic. These people who get psychotic are probably already predisposed to possibly developing schizophrenia or bipolar disorder and are probably teetering on the brink. If you look at people who get psychotic when they use drugs like meth, their eventual conversion rates to schizophrenia are lower. You probably don't have to be as close to the tipping point of being schizophrenic for meth to make you acutely psychotic.

There is this semi-newish research into calculating people's polygenic risk score (PRS) for schizophrenia. They can look at someone's DNA and assign them a score based on a large number of weakly associated markers. I haven't seen any research looking into whether schizophrenia PRS can predict who becomes psychotic from substance use, but I would bet it can. I find all this super interesting.

Wow, I thought weed was the magic cure all that would fix humanity any second now.

Huh..

I remember about 5-10 years ago, this position was being parroted by almost everyone on the internet.

“Legalise it, man”, “it’s only illegal because the government is racist!”, “there are literally no downsides!”, “cannabis can cure cancer!” , “if the whole world smoked weed, the world would be a better place”

People were so vehement with it, too. Any opposing views were shot down and met with a mass of angry responses.

I remember speaking out again cannabis years and years ago and was met with nothing but vitriol.

I smoke weeds a lot and I scromit semi-regularly so there maybe some correlation here

Pots. Not even once.

ZSS3P5w.jpg

Finally someone posting the truths.

Don't have a link right this second, but there was a pretty good study published within the last 2 years that looked at a large group of people over a 20-year follow-up period, and about 40 percent or people who got psychotic from smoking marijuana eventually developed schizophrenia within the 20 years, and almost 50 percent developed either schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. So there's still a good chunk of people who get psychotic when they smoke yet never develop one of these disorders.

Most people when they smoke marijuana obviously don't get psychotic. These people who get psychotic are probably already predisposed to possibly developing schizophrenia or bipolar disorder and are probably teetering on the brink. If you look at people who get psychotic when they use drugs like meth, their eventual conversion rates to schizophrenia are lower. You probably don't have to be as close to the tipping point of being schizophrenic for meth to make you acutely psychotic.

There is this semi-newish research into calculating people's polygenic risk score (PRS) for schizophrenia. They can look at someone's DNA and assign them a score based on a large number of weakly associated markers. I haven't seen any research looking into whether schizophrenia PRS can predict who becomes psychotic from substance use, but I would bet it can. I find all this super interesting.

A guy my brother went to high school with had a schizo episode from the pots. Not common but it happens. If you ever take anyone to psych emerg at the hospital they always ask, "has this person taken any drugs in the last 24hrs ... including marijuana?".

On the list of things to worry about from smoking weed this is last on our list with patients. Thats how not common it is. We get more patients having psychosis reactions from undiagnosed bi polar or schizoaffective, or people who green out, are allergic, etc.
My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer a few years ago, had her ovaries removed, chemotherapy and the likes (She is currently in remission right now) and I tried to get her to use Marijuana when she was having her chemo treatments but she refused citing the now debunked BS that being spewed about it in the 60's and 70's.

Also anyone who is against legalizing Marijuana should be against Alcohol's current legalization since it is by far more dangerous to ones health than that of Marijuana ever will be

Like I said earlier I partake in its usage. Usually using on my days off and when I get home from work. I never use before or during work. I had a coworker who has since transferred to another location who would use it all the time and he'd come to work extremely high and for the first hour or so was kinda useless. I only once ever did it before work and I hated it because I was extremely paranoid and had a feeling people knew I was high plus I sometimes have to deal with clients face to face

For awhile I used to get black market oil carts but stopped late August when news started to trickle out from Marijuana community that Vitamin E Acetate was being used as a thickener in oil carts which is very toxic to the lungs if inhaled.

Buddy of mine and myself now just make our own live resin carts cause fuck that noise with black market carts here in NY. Right now we just make it for ourselves and the quality is amazing.
KFx3PYA.jpg

Last edited:
Back