News Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome affect some heavy Marijuana smokers

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We could actually start seeing more health issues like this with weed smoking since it has been legalized and people can now smoke multiple times a day unlike before where they only smoked it once in a while because it was illegal.

What is CHS? Marijuana advocates warn of a little-known condition affecting heavy users

As more and more U.S. states expand marijuana legalization, and with weed usage on the rise, doctors and advocates are warning about a little-known condition affecting heavy users of the drug.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS, causes severe abdominal pain, nausea and “cyclic vomiting” among regular marijuana users — and can lead to extreme dehydration and, in rare cases, death.

“It’s very underdiagnosed,” said Dr. Joseph Habboushe, an assistant professor of emergency medicine at New York University Langone/Bellevue Medical Center, who co-authored a 2018 study on CHS. “Doctors aren’t thinking about it. Patients show up to the ER at an average of seven times before they’re diagnosed and have it for many years before it’s diagnosed.”

Also a lot of patients are in a bit of denial,” Habboushe continued. “These are folks who have been consuming cannabis for many years, and then they develop these symptoms. So it’s hard for them to believe that these symptoms are actually due to the cannabis itself.”

That was the case for Brian Smith Jr., whose mother, Regina Denney, rushed him to an emergency room in Indianapolis in April 2018, when he was 17, after he told her he had been vomiting for three days.

“We were on our way to the ER — I think I had to stop seven times on the way so that he could vomit,” Denney said.

At the hospital, doctors told her that his kidneys were failing. They asked Brian if he smoked marijuana, and he said that he did. Then a doctor asked an unusual question: Do hot showers and baths help? Brian said yes.

“You have CHS,” the doctor told him.

Full article
https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-is-...marijuana-vomiting-hot-showers-110007595.html

"Some emergency room physicians have referred to the symptoms as "scromiting," a portmanteau of "screaming" and "vomiting."

Lolllllll

Rates of use have not increased. Only reported rates have.

Medical cannabis employee 3.5 years.

Also, our docs diagnose this, and it isnt common at all. We service over 100k patients and maybe get one case a month. We get more people allergic to it than this condition, so its not something to worry about.

Pots. Not even once.

ZSS3P5w.jpg

In the cannabis business for a long time here and I have my own pet theories on many chs cases, mainly pesticide/fungicide related.
Personally I would never smoke any weed or extracts unless I know and trust the grower.

I’ve heard of that. Sounds terrible. Still smoke. What ya gonna do?

I’ve seen this a fair amount. I would say it’s pretty common among very heavy users. No reason to think the prevalence of this wouldn’t go up as more people have access to marijuana.

HERB helps my stomach acid, Nausea and appetite.

I don’t smoke all day everyday but a bong load of indica OG kush at after work : gym is heavenly.

I know a lot of people that can’t even eat that much without proper THC in them. Now that’s bad.

I never had any issues with it and I've been a user of it off and on for awhile now with heavy use every so often. I am currently high right now while I type this. I do have a friend who was a daily user of it for God knows how long and he developed it. Proceeded to stop using for awhile and now uses it in moderation and he hasn't had symptoms

i mean im high right now.
i also worked 8 hours today & worked out after work.

The only thing really concerning is kids smoking wax , crumble , shatter, sauce. That shit is super high THC and they take so many dabs until they’re straight stupid.

If I smoke weed every day I feel like shit

I always need a nice sober sleep inbetween

Back