Canelo winning rnd 12 is the only thing I have a problem with

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
close grueling awesome fight....could go to either guy. Lots of swing rounds.

But how on earth does Canelo win Round 12 lol?

He needed to in order to be ahead. Other than that no clue. Boxing is about money.

What? The 12th round was a clear Canelo win to me.

probably because they already filled out the scorecards before the fight happened.

Not even mildly surprised by that.

Those jabs from ggg were the hardest I have ever seen. And uppercuts, man I have seen that hard before, but at LEAST staggering the opponent! Man, Canelo has a chin like Hagler or Cobb! If the fight came down to that round, no way I would have given it to Canelo. He dished out hell as well but I would certainly have given it to ggg.

Did you see Golovkin bleeding after the 12th round? Canelo unleashed a lot of punches and connected with hooks. Go rewatch the 12th if you can.

Golovkin's hands were down.

Yeah. I am gonna have to disagree with you on that.....
Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

I thought GGG needed the 12th for a win and won it on his volume and jabs, but it was close.

Golovkin had the best punches of the round in the opening 20 seconds or so. After that it was about even, but those shots seem to have been totally overlooked by the judges and they gave another close round to Canelo. Still that early work was the most significant of the round and should have clearly edged it.

Same thought OP.

Round 12 might have been the easiest round to score and it was def. in GGG's favor.

MMAfighting play by play also scored that round for Canelo. Weird af.

Agreed. I could see it going either way, but round 10-12 were all for GGG.

i dont understand boxing, and after this fight I don't think i am even more confused

Two judges gave Canelo the 9th and 12th, I had them both for GG, but they were tight. I think Feldman's scorecard most mirrored my own.

Honestly I can’t argue with anything, I scored everything wrong. I felt Canelo was winning handily coming into the 9th and lost the last four rounds.

Last edited:
Back