Canelo was too young, Pacman was too old, or are u just a hater?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Kvolcom, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Cariñito Brown Belt

Canelo now is leap and bounds better than he was then.
    Due to the weight prime vs prime couldnt happen between Floyd and Canelo because they wouldnt be in the same ball park.

2. RoyCisneros Black Belt

I think Canelo is a bit overrated. he is very relaxed IMO. that said Floyd beat them both and deserves to be ranked above both unless Canelo goes on an even crazier run than he has done so far. but he's not the best of all time.

At 130 I'm taking Chavez, Taylor, and Arguello over floyd. if we are going heavier Pryor, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, and Whittaker

3. Roids Brown Belt

Canelo lost to Floyd because Floyd was much faster, skilled and a terrible style match up, and none of that really has changed too much despite the fan boys pretending Canelo is a far better fighter in his last 16 fights than he was in his first 42.

He just had a competitive fight with Plant, with every round being close through to 10, and Plant is literally nothing compared to Floyd, so its not rocket Science to work it out. Floyd will always have easy work with flat footed sluggers who don't throw many punches. Perfect opponent actually.

4. Hagler Man of wealth and taste Platinum Member

There is no doubt Floyd would have dominated at HW indeed.

5. KAZSoliloquy Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

i personally had the first for golovkin and the second for canelo, both pretty comfortably. there were close rounds in both fights though so i can’t really be mad at the decision.

6. BoxingMMA Brown Belt

Yeah the second fight was definitely close and I can see how it can go either way, this is why I wouldn't call the second fight a robbery, first one was clear to me that GGG won. Sometimes one goes to see what the judges actually scored round by round and it can be mind-blowing how off the can be sometimes. I remember the Lewis Holyfield judge, that guy was something else.

7. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

I think Floyd beats any version of PAC, I do think he was lucky to get Canelo at a young age though

8. Roids Brown Belt

I assume Canelo fans would concede he never ever beats Floyd on points, so he would be relying on catching him and knocking him out, which is very fanciful.