Canelo was too young, Pacman was too old, or are u just a hater?

I find it is the Floyd fans who are always in possession of the magical excuse briefcase and pull one out whenever someone attacks him, whether it’s the cherry picking, the bullshit clauses, the robbery vs Castillo, the embarrassment vs a youtuber, etc.

I think if we’re going to attack the canelo and Pac-Man nutthuggers (and boy are there plenty) then let’s not be chickenshit and do the same thing for the fighter whose penis we can’t stop masticating on.
Castillo was a draw at worst otherwise 7-5 Floyd

Canelo was never too young, he was not fighting his natural weight class...Pacman was a legit win for Floyd...

Canelo was never too young, he was not fighting his natural weight class...Pacman was a legit win for Floyd...
eh, canelo made 152 without much problem and floyd weighed LESS on fight night than he did weighing in. basically put bricks in his pockets to get to 149. canelo outweighed him by 20-25 pounds on fight night and that’s somehow an advantage for floyd?

Canelo was 7 years into his career, 42-0 and had had six title defenses before fighting Floyd.

He was 23 and had turned pro at 15, if anything he was already a veteran.

so you’re admitting it was a close fight, yet still rolling with “castillo was robbed” yeah?

close fights can be robberies too, close fight does not mean close rounds, you can have a very close 7-5 fight but being very clear who won two more rounds than the other.

There’s more to robberies than just being a close fight, take the kambosos judge that gave the fight 114-113 for Lopez for example, his scorecard was a robbery. A simple glance may indícate a close fight but if you look closely, the dumbass gave the first round 10-9 kambosos, he did not count the knockdown, even whe Lopez didn’t do shit but miss wildly and get knocked down in that round.

yet when Lopez dropped kambosos later in fight he gave 10-8 to Lopez.

Being a retarded judge is also a reason for close scorecards, not just punchstats.

eh, canelo made 152 without much problem and floyd weighed LESS on fight night than he did weighing in. basically put bricks in his pockets to get to 149. canelo outweighed him by 20-25 pounds on fight night and that’s somehow an advantage for floyd?
yes...it may look like not a problem but draining is much a problem than making weight...I'm not saying Canelo will win the match automatically because skill wise their identical...there's a reason why Canelo is so much successful now...

close fights can be robberies too, close fight does not mean close rounds, you can have a very close 7-5 fight but being very clear who won two more rounds than the other.
i’m struggling to think of an example of that. i’m actually struggling to think of really any fight that didn’t have a round or two that could go either way. it’d have to be a complete wipeout for that to be the case. can you think of any?

There’s more to robberies than just being a close fight, take the kambosos judge that gave the fight 114-113 for Lopez for example, his scorecard was a robbery. A simple glance may indícate a close fight but if you look closely, the dumbass gave the first round 10-9 kambosos, he did not count the knockdown, even whe Lopez didn’t do shit but miss wildly and get knocked down in that round.

yet when Lopez dropped kambosos later in fight he gave 10-8 to Lopez.

Being a retarded judge is also a reason for close scorecards, not just punchstats.
sure there’s poor judging in the sport, but lopez/kambosos was basically a dead even fight. it was likely to swing in both directions.

so you’re admitting it was a close fight, yet still rolling with “castillo was robbed” yeah?
Being close and getting robbed is still getting robbed lmao

If a fighter clearly wins a fight they should be the winner. Bad judging is bad judging.

All these boxing experts from the heavies starting threads in the boxing forum really know what's up, keep them coming fellas. You're really shedding new light on old issues.

Being close and getting robbed is still getting robbed lmao

If a fighter clearly wins a fight they should be the winner. Bad judging is bad judging.
then it’s competitive, not close. two different words. but which fight are we talking about then? because castillo/mayweather could have gone either way.

i’m struggling to think of an example of that. i’m actually struggling to think of really any fight that didn’t have a round or two that could go either way. it’d have to be a complete wipeout for that to be the case. can you think of any?

sure there’s poor judging in the sport, but lopez/kambosos was basically a dead even fight. it was likely to swing in both directions.

That's a good example for me, Lopez and Kambosos was close but very clear on who won, there was no way in my mind no matter how many times I see this fight that Lopez won more rounds than Kambosos yet the final score is still close. But not one but two fucking judges decided to give the first round 10-9 for some reason and shit like that can turn a fight around.

But my intention was not to start an argument about and old ass fight, we'll end up with Chavez Whitaker if we go down this path.

That's a good example for me, Lopez and Kambosos was close but very clear on who won, there was no way in my mind no matter how many times I see this fight that Lopez won more rounds than Kambosos yet the final score is still close. But not one but two fucking judges decided to give the first round 10-9 for some reason and shit like that can turn a fight around.

But my intention was not to start an argument about and old ass fight, we'll end up with Chavez Whitaker if we go down this path.
that’s fair. i personally had lopez-kambosos a draw and i could totally see a round or two going either way. i think kambosos had more CLEAR rounds in his favor, but that’s not how fights are scored unfortunately. regardless, your guy won, so what’s the issue?

that’s fair. i personally had lopez-kambosos a draw and i could totally see a round or two going either way. i think kambosos had more CLEAR rounds in his favor, but that’s not how fights are scored unfortunately. regardless, your guy won, so what’s the issue?

No it was just an example of how something completely unrelated to punch stats or a fight being close or not can swing the decision one way or another and can be considered a robbery or a botched judging job. But judging is down to apreciation and that's why it's hard to argue these things.

No it was just an example of how something completely unrelated to punch stats or a fight being close or not can swing the decision one way or another and can be considered a robbery or a botched judging job. But judging is down to apreciation and that's why it's hard to argue these things.
there are really only a few dozen true robberies in the modern history of the sport, at least when it comes to recorded footage. usually it’s just a close fight that went the opposite way of one guy, usually someone very popular/beloved or going against a widely-disliked fighter.

there are really only a few dozen true robberies in the modern history of the sport, at least when it comes to recorded footage. usually it’s just a close fight that went the opposite way of one guy, usually someone very popular/beloved or going against a widely-disliked fighter.

There are a lot of fights that could have gone either way, my problem is when it is a botched judging job that fucks the result of the fight.

Canelo GGG 1 is a good example of a fucked up fight, even if close, that shit is a robbery in my book.
While Canelo GGG 2 fits more of what you say, I still think Canelo lost that fight but I can see it going both ways after watching the fight again, I get it even if I saw him lose and still do. But there's no convincing me the first fight was a draw, not when the majority of boxing experts, judgest, fighters and popular polls online agree GGG won.

In the second fight though, the person I was watching it thought Canelo won, I thought GGG won, very close. Not a robbery.

Back