Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

Benavidez is former fat kid and you can tell he was fat.
Hes moves like he was fat. Not speedy, but more plodding. Little awkward upper movement, because he was fat of course.
Issues making weight, because he was fat.
Fat.

Lucky he doesn't punch like he was fat. He has blazing hands and great endurance. Reminds me of Chavez, just relentless viciousness and muppets comparing him to likes of Callum Smith lol.

Lucky he doesn't punch like he was fat. He has blazing hands and great endurance. Reminds me of Chavez, just relentless viciousness and muppets comparing him to likes of Callum Smith lol.
Chavez JR can ass I assume

Nope Snr. You will agree with me eventually also.

No. No I wont. Certainly not after Canelo destroys him.

Canelo will stop Plant late in the fight with a counter right hand or a faint or slip right like he did against Khan because Plant keeps his hand very low, it will be late in the fight Plant will get lazy tire then will make mistakes then get caught late, Canelo will fight at a slow pace walking Plant down landing body punches then faint right hand then boom Plant is hurt or out cold.

haymon would want stupid money to send one of his stars to get slaughtered

biggest mismatch in a title fight i can remember , canelo folds plant
Haymon's slow build of his super-middles (Plant, Benavidez, soon Charlo) has been caught totally off guard by Canelo's rampage in the division. None of them yet have the calibre of experience to threaten Canelo and none of them want to risk losing to eachother before they get that payday. They're screwed.

Rampage? He has yet to fight any of the 168 top dogs, just B class champions.

I don't see Plant doing anything to Canelo. He might hurt Canelo's hands because of his face getting hit too much, but he is getting stopped.

Great life-changing payday for Plant, regardless of the outcome. Plant obviously hasn't been in there with anyone even close to Canelo's level, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Plant give Canelo some resistance.

Smith won the WBSS, was the Ring magazine champ and unanimously considered #1 in the division. Who has Plant beat to designate him the top dog of anything? Or Benavidez for that matter. No one.

It's just the recurring theme. When Canelo easily dispatches Plant we'll still have people saying he's beaten nobody, that's just how it is.

Smith won the WBSS, was the Ring magazine champ and unanimously considered #1 in the division. Who has Plant beat to designate him the top dog of anything? Or Benavidez for that matter. No one.

He won the title from George Groves, a mediocre fighter who himself won the vacant title off a nobody, and who was stopped twice by a retiring Froch, and it seems Groves is the best fighter he has beaten? Apparently that's all that's needed to be the rings champion and considered number 1? Comical.

I don't believe for a second Smith was considered number 1 in the division anyway considering Benavidez was already 2 time champion at that point and Plant the IBF.

Just looked over BJS record. He won the vacant WBO title from someone who doesn't even have a wiki, defended it twice, vs someone with no wiki and someone with 6 losses. This is all a charade seriously.

Last edited:
He won the title from George Groves, a mediocre fighter who himself won the vacant title off a nobody, and who was stopped twice by a retiring Froch, and it seems Groves is the best fighter he has beaten? Apparently that's all that's needed to be the rings champion and considered number 1? Comical.

I don't believe for a second Smith was considered number 1 in the division anyway considering Benavidez was already 2 time champion at that point and Plant the IBF.
Benavidez was a 2-time champ against Gavril and the ghost of Dirrell coming off a back-and-forth fight with Yildirim, a guy Eubank obliterated in 3 rounds. Plant become champ against Uzcategui, a non top-10 fighter who got outclassed by Lionell Thompson. If you think either of those wins are on the level of Groves, even an old Groves, then you don't know shit about boxing.

Smith being #1 is evidence the division is weak, but that's not the point. The point is he was #1, and neither Benavidez or Plant are as proven or accomplished as he was.

Benavidez was a 2-time champ against Gavril and the ghost of Dirrell coming off a back-and-forth fight with Yildirim, a guy Eubank obliterated in 3 rounds. Plant become champ against Uzcategui, a non top-10 fighter who got outclassed by Lionell Thompson. If you think either of those wins are on the level of Groves, even an old Groves, then you don't know shit about boxing.

Smith being #1 is evidence the division is weak, but that's not the point. The point is he was #1, and neither Benavidez or Plant are as proven or accomplished as he was.

Last time I checked 2 time champion is more impressive than 1 time. Secondly, Dirrel had not lost for 5 years so call him what you want he is still a good fighter and was stopped. Thirdly while Benavidez was brutalizing his last 4 opponents, Callum Smith got his ass beat by Ryder and won a robbery, his last fight before Canelo, so please explain how that equals Division No 1 please because to me it looks laughable.

Just looking at some highlights of the Ryder fight I can see why Canelo would have been doing back flips over fighting Smith. He got beat up by a midget. If anyone put Smith at No 1 after they Ryder fight the need to get their eyes tested.

Last time I checked 2 time champion is more impressive than 1 time. Secondly, Dirrel had not lost for 5 years so call him what you want he is still a good fighter and was stopped. Thirdly while Benavidez was brutalizing his last 4 opponents, Callum Smith got his ass beat by Ryder and won a robbery, his last fight before Canelo, so please explain how that equals Division No 1 please because to me it looks laughable.

Just looking at some highlights of the Ryder fight I can see why Canelo would have been doing back flips over fighting Smith. He got beat up by a midget. If anyone put Smith at No 1 after they Ryder fight the need to get their eyes tested.
"2-time champion" means literally nothing when the opposition is Gavril. You say Dirrell is "good" when he went life-and-death with Yildirim, whereas Groves clearly beating Eubank, who destroyed Yildirim easily, makes him "medicore". There's no coherence to anything you're saying, you're just throwing stuff together.

You've been informed that Smith's WBSS win and taking the title from Groves put him at #1, with the Ring Magazine belt. If you can't accept that fact, it's not my responsibility to forcefeed you. You have to come to terms with that on your own.

Last edited:
Back