Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

Canelo will be fine financially no matter who he fights.
Of course but if he is self promoting he will need big ppv. He has just prob paid go knows how much to walk away from $300m will be difficult to make that back in current environment

He is going to need to go after the top guys to make the $$$
He could fight a bunch of bums off the street and hed probably still be second only to AJ in the entire world lol.

He could fight a bunch of bums off the street and hed probably still be second only to AJ in the entire world lol.
You think in current environment he can bring in big money fighting nobodies? I know he is massive but still

You think in current environment he can bring in big money fighting nobodies? I know he is massive but still
I think he’ll do well but the days of $35 million are probably gone for a long time.

Define big money

Or $35m a fight

good luck to him hopefully we get to see the big fights now. I am think because mayweather did it doesn’t mean he can especially now

Of course but if he is self promoting he will need big ppv. He has just prob paid go knows how much to walk away from $300m will be difficult to make that back in current environment
With Champions who are super wealthy, established, and huge pride the bottom line isn't just about money. Its about controlling their own destiny and not having people who technically work for you keep the lion's share and dictate what you do.

This is a good fight.

Canelo’s usual critics will be devastated again.
39296.jpg

Or $35m a fight

good luck to him hopefully we get to see the big fights now. I am think because mayweather did it doesn’t mean he can especially now
Wasnt getting it from DAZN either though was he...? Hes still going to make huge money, and hell actually get to fight like he wants to instead of the bullshit freak shows DAZN was trying to put together.

This will be Plant's first loss.

I actually think Plant has the boxing and size for this. He throws a lot of feints and Canelo has a rough go against a guy he can't time. I don't think Canelo has power above 160 unless he's fighting alcoholic Russians. Plant can win this, except there will be Canelo judging in the works so Canelo wins it. Don't laugh. Rack up the list of close rounds and see how many Canelo has lost over the years.

Wasnt getting it from DAZN either though was he...? Hes still going to make huge money, and hell actually get to fight like he wants to instead of the bullshit freak shows DAZN was trying to put together.
We turned down upwards of $25m a fight In a revised deal to fight lower ranked people. I think he deserves the respect for going it alone if that is what he does (seems likely) but I would assume most fights will be PPV maybe a few get picked up by various networks including DAZN

We turned down upwards of $25m a fight In a revised deal to fight lower ranked people. I think he deserves the respect for going it alone if that is what he does (seems likely) but I would assume most fights will be PPV maybe a few get picked up by various networks including DAZN
Sugar coating it imo. They wanted to waste his prime years for freak shows and bums.

This will be Plant's first loss.

I actually think Plant has the boxing and size for this. He throws a lot of feints and Canelo has a rough go against a guy he can't time. I don't think Canelo has power above 160 unless he's fighting alcoholic Russians. Plant can win this, except there will be Canelo judging in the works so Canelo wins it. Don't laugh. Rack up the list of close rounds and see how many Canelo has lost over the years.

Careful there, I once mentioned I’d back Canelo but thought Plant had the size and tools to counter Canelo’s counters and challenge him a bit and a couple of guys jumped on me like I questioned their manhood.

Sugar coating it imo. They wanted to waste his prime years for freak shows and bums.

Canelo was being picky, too. Not sure if you were keeping that in mind. Canelo has consistently been described as "difficult" by pretty much everybody. I know the A side argument will come up, but it seems an overriding point compared to other guys who were great.

Careful there, I once mentioned I’d back Canelo but thought Plant had the size and tools to counter Canelo’s counters and challenge him a bit and a couple of guys jumped on me like I questioned their manhood.

It's because they don't like their diva being called out. It somehow validates their boxing wisdom.

Canelo can be a legitimately great boxer who ALSO happens to be a cheating PED user who ALSO somehow quite unusually gets the benefit of doubt of EVERY close round. It's damn peculiar. Something rotten there. Not even Mayweather, a superior boxer, was graced with such blessed judging.

Thing is, when a Canelo fan hears that his fighter might have had a huge advantage from those things that contributed to his winning, they get shitty about it and refuse to allow it.

tbh havent seen much of Plant, would you say he's the easiest out at SMW? Why is Benevidez never in the conversation?

Back