Canelo vs Kovalev Nov.2 Dazn

Who you got?

• Total voters
so you're saying that Kovalev is the best fighter available today, including middleweight, super middleweight, and light heavyweight?
Hes better than anything at MW, and is one of the top dogs two divisions higher than where Canelo fights, and is an incredibly dangerous fight to just jump into a division.

Its really, really strange to complain about this fight. Literally only Canelo catches this type or criticism. If Danny or Golovkin jumped in with Kova people would be stroking them for their efforts.

Last edited:
Everyone is saying Kovalev is slipping fast/done, including Andre Ward and you now, you guessed it, Oscar and Canelo.

So not so heroic for Canelo to fight Kovalev after all, as Canelo fans insist. But the casuals will eat it that story up and he avoids having to fight the best at his weight class, including rematching a guy who most think beat him. I'm shocked people don't see right through this stunt.

he avoids having to fight the best at his weight class, including rematching a guy who most think beat him. I'm shocked people don't see right through this stunt.

He's obviously afraid of a guy he fought twice and did not lose to - doing better the second time - who happens to be older than Kovalev.

Genius.

<seedat>

Last edited:
He's obviously afraid of a guy he fought twice and did not lose to - doing better the second time - who happens to be older than Kovalev.

Genius.

<seedat>

He lost to GGG the first time in the eyes of most people polled. So yes, he lost the fight if not in the eyes of the 3 people who happen to be appointed judges. And he keeps dodging the third fight even though its his biggest money fight. Just like he dodged the first fight until GGG started to slip despite the fact that he's big enough to fight at LHW. And just like he got busted for PEDs after getting ostensibly beat by GGG so that GGG would be even older.

For some reason, Canelo, a proven cheater, is given the benefit of the doubt by boxing fans. It makes no sense. The dude is a cheat.

He lost to GGG the first time in the eyes of most people polled. So yes, he lost the fight if not in the eyes of the 3 people who happen to be appointed judges. And he keeps dodging the third fight even though its his biggest money fight. Just like he dodged the first fight until GGG started to slip despite the fact that he's big enough to fight at LHW. And just like he got busted for PEDs after getting ostensibly beat by GGG so that GGG would be even older.

For some reason, Canelo, a proven cheater, is given the benefit of the doubt by boxing fans. It makes no sense. The dude is a cheat.

"Most people polled" do not happen to decide the official scoring of a fight. The first Canelo - GGG fight was close. A draw in a close fight is an acceptable outcome. Since then, Canelo rematched GGG and beat him up good, winning a hard fought yet clear JD. If you imply that Canelo waited for GGG to slip before facing him two years ago, then why would he duck him today, after he won the rematch ? Furthermore, Canelo hasn't been sticking to gimmes since winning said rematch. He clearly beat Danny Jacobs, a guy who certainly could have been given the nod against GGG.

You do have a hard time trying to make sense here. Canelo did get caught and got suspended. It doesn't mean he ducks anyone. The guy isn't 30 and he has the best resume in boxing south of Pacquiao. You're perfectly entitled to hate on the guy, just don't try to make it sound rational. It does not.

Last edited:
I think that a fight against Chris Eubank Jr would be more interesting...
Against Kovalev it will look like the Rocky fielding , only a bit tougher

Just watched the 1st episode of "40 days" on DAZN, and it has got to be the worst hype video I have ever seen for a major fight.

poor music with non boxers giving their opinion about moving up in weight? What does a fat hip-hop artist or basketball players know about moving up in weight in boxing? Then they just throw in a few cut scenes of both hitting the heavy bag with a combo or two.

I think that a fight against Chris Eubank Jr would be more interesting...
Against Kovalev it will look like the Rocky fielding , only a bit tougher

... What?

will not be surprised if this goes to a close decision that gets whined about for a year

I think it fair that canelo take a small amount of criticism here. He fought the weakest SMW and imo he is taken the weakest lhw. Having said that his resume is still the best in the game. Jeez the dazn promo episodes are bad. Wtf is dj khalid on there talking side on for like 20% of airtime? Another 20% to that basketballer talking about prep and pressure.only take out was Kovas trainer was big on him staying side on stance, taking away straights to the belly.

Canelo is doing the same thing Mikey did. It's a win win for him.

If he wins many people will say he's an ATG even though Kov is clearly on the downslope of his career. If he wins I think it'll be a good win but not nearly as great as will be claimed. I'd be really impressed if he won then stayed at lhw and beat the other belt holders. Hell if he were to finish Kov quickly and had no issues with his power why not?

If he loses many people will just say oh well he lost to the bigger man.

I just hope he doesn't pull a Mikey and just try to survive 12 rds while raising his hands between rounds like he did something but I think Canelo has more dog in him to pull that shit.

I think it fair that canelo take a small amount of criticism here. He fought the weakest SMW and imo he is taken the weakest lhw. Having said that his resume is still the best in the game. Jeez the dazn promo episodes are bad. Wtf is dj khalid on there talking side on for like 20% of airtime? Another 20% to that basketballer talking about prep and pressure.only take out was Kovas trainer was big on him staying side on stance, taking away straights to the belly.

how many times did he yell 'we da best'?

Just watched the 1st episode of "40 days" on DAZN, and it has got to be the worst hype video I have ever seen for a major fight.

poor music with non boxers giving their opinion about moving up in weight? What does a fat hip-hop artist or basketball players know about moving up in weight in boxing? Then they just throw in a few cut scenes of both hitting the heavy bag with a combo or two.
Yeah that shit is so forced

Lebron and Mav Carter suck balls

I'm picking Canelo, but I won't shit on him for going up to 175 for Kov. If Kovalev comes in ready, focused and with a good camp this won't be an easy fight for Canelo and he should taste some power he's not felt before, I'd think.

What is the final word on the re-hydration stuff? What is the contract there? No more than 10 pounds morning of per IBF? Was that it? I'd prefer it be nothing and Canelo should too for legacy, but again...

I won't shit on him like this is a gimme. He'll likely win, but there is risk here.

I think it fair that canelo take a small amount of criticism here. He fought the weakest SMW and imo he is taken the weakest lhw.
That's it, he's playing the game most fighters(with enough talent) play these days, because of all the trinkets on offer.
This time he might have overreached himself? The man who couldnt finish Mathew Hatton, thinks he can tame the Krusher. He gets credit from me, whatever happens, unless we get one of his notorious fixes.

"Most people polled" do not happen to decide the official scoring of a fight. The first Canelo - GGG fight was close. A draw in a close fight is an acceptable outcome. Since then, Canelo rematched GGG and beat him up good, winning a hard fought yet clear JD. If you imply that Canelo waited for GGG to slip before facing him two years ago, then why would he duck him today, after he won the rematch ? Furthermore, Canelo hasn't been sticking to gimmes since winning said rematch. He clearly beat Danny Jacobs, a guy who certainly could have been given the nod against GGG.

You do have a hard time trying to make sense here. Canelo did get caught and got suspended. It doesn't mean he ducks anyone. The guy isn't 30 and he has the best resume in boxing south of Pacquiao. You're perfectly entitled to hate on the guy, just don't try to make it sound rational. It does not.
Yawn! Yes it was a draw but most people sored it for GGG(even you). And Canelo got busted but it seems to get brushed under the rug. Two simple and obvious points. The inability to accept anything negative about someone equals fanboy.

That's it, he's playing the game most fighters(with enough talent) play these days, because of all the trinkets on offer.
This time he might have overreached himself? The man who couldnt finish Mathew Hatton, thinks he can tame the Krusher. He gets credit from me, whatever happens, unless we get one of his notorious fixes.
yeah but the mathew hatton fight was a long time ago and kovalev hasn't been looking exactly hot lately. a few years back, he would've put yarde to sleep under 4 rounds. now he had a competitive fight and finished him mostly because yarde was completely spent.

i think canelo will beat him, possibly stop him, but that doesn't change the fact that he's fighting the weakest champion at 175. bivol would be a real threat, and beterbiev would beat the shit out of him. it's still impressive to hold a belt at LHW, but we don't have to pretend like it's more than it is.

Back