Canelo vs Kovalev Nov.2 Dazn

Who you got?

• Total voters
It would be nice to see what Canelo could do with a level playing field. I think he'd beat Kov anyway. It just lessens his achievements. Either way Canelo is P4P #1 if he wins this.
I mean, catchweight and hydration clauses exist to level the playing field.

Id love to see Kova as big as possible, but if hes ok with it why shouldnt I be?

If Canelo wins, what are the chances Ward unretires for a shitload of moolah?

edit- Even if Kova wins maybe Ward unretires for a trilogy?
Eh, I’m not sure Ward can make 175 anymore. He’s gotten pretty big since being away, both in muscle and in extra weight

Meh. Kova gets to get rich off of fighting a smaller guy. Why shouldnt he concede something towards hydration?
I mean. I do prefer having title fights at the normal weight of the weight class ya know?

I mean, catchweight and hydration clauses exist to level the playing field.

Id love to see Kova as big as possible, but if hes ok with it why shouldnt I be?
Kov will take the fight with pretty much any clause. Money talks. But I think Canelo could beat Kov without any catchweight or hydration clause, so to me, it would be a shame to have something like that hanging over a win.

Kovalev has a very good chance. A lot of haters on here are acting like Sergei quit. But reality would say he was hit in the balls. A lot. And many great fighters have done the same to get the refs attention for much less.
The ref made a bad call. Shit Bernard Hopkins should have been labeled a quitter by those same standards in several fights.

But the ref wasn’t an idiot in those fights.

Canelo can be an in-shape 175 in the ring easy, I'd guess. And he will break him down to the body at 175 easy, too. Even tho Kovalev might be heavier. Kovalev is old and certainly can't be expected to fight at a catch-weight. And I maintain that since it's young prime versus headed out to pasture, that a re-hydration clause would also be weak sauce on Canelo's part. Everyone now knows Kovalev is an alcoholic who can be badly hurt and stopped due to body work. Canelo is known for his vicious body attack. If Kovalev doesn't KO him early, he's going to be stopped himself. Early and downstairs. Or even upstairs opened by the body work lowering Kovalev's hands, IMO. He stops Kovalev one way or the other inside 10. I'd wager that.

Why is kovalev an alcoholic?

I’d guess it’ll be at 175 to add a light heavyweight belt to his resume

Looks like I’m finally gonna have to cave in and get DAZN ugh

I really like it. I think @Seano would say it's worth it as well. That and ESPN+ and Showtime have me covered pretty good on boxing.
Do the $99/annual option (as opposed to $19.99/monthly), obviously. But just so you're aware, those are the two price options, now. www.dazn.com

Why is kovalev an alcoholic?

Takes one to know one I guess, and I'm 25 years dry come Christmas day, but if every time you hear of someone getting in trouble (and it's more often, not a complete rarity) he's acting like a POS and described as drunk by witnesses, probably a good chance. I don't hear about him hitting on chicks or throwing money at chicks or doing anything else he should probably be avoiding as a professional boxer except when I hear him described as drinking/drunk or he's at a bar/nightclub. I also believe one begets the other and that is where his body fails him in the ring, due to the alcoholism. Being Russian could be as much an indicator---and this comes from a German/Irish alcoholic, so I'm not trying to disparage the nations. There is always some truth the in the stereotypes, though.

I really like it. I think @Seano would say it's worth it as well. That and ESPN+ and Showtime have me covered pretty good on boxing.
Do the $99/annual option (as opposed to $19.99/monthly), obviously. But just so you're aware, those are the two price options, now. www.dazn.com

Yeah I caved in on ESPN+ when it became the only option to order UFC PPVs lol. Looks like DAZN is up to bat! I tried haha!

Same night as Diaz v Masvidal. Looks like Oscar aint getting my money.

Yeah I caved in on ESPN+ when it became the only option to order UFC PPVs lol. Looks like DAZN is up to bat! I tried haha!

Oh, I was swearing I wouldn't do either. To be honest, I have a buddy who is a sportswriter and he let me piggyback his ESPN+ so that was done, I pay for DAZN and Showtime and good to go. I thought the UFC hurt themselves with the spur-of-the-moment buys by going to the ESPN+ must-have platform, though I'm sure they got a pretty penny to do that. But I've been at a lot of parties over the years where maybe the homeowner doesn't even care or is a casual (wouldn't have ESPN+) and a handful of us decide to throw in $20 apiece and give it to them for a UFC PPV last-minute. Many times. They lost those buys for good.

But I swore I wouldn't do DAZN/wasn't going down that road, was pretty resolute. I'm pretty into boxing so once they went and signed Canelo and Danny and GGG and everybody else, I had to eat my words. It's actually a nice platform for sports (including boxing and MMA) at a very fair price for now, I guess.

DAZN > ESPN + for the fight fan by a mile.

GGG's jab will be more effective vs Canelo than Kovalevs.

Same night as Diaz v Masvidal. Looks like Oscar aint getting my money.
Did not know.... Canelo or BMF Belt, guess I'll be waiting to decide until that night which to watch Live.

GGG's jab will be more effective vs Canelo than Kovalevs.
What makes you say that? I think Kovas jab is one of the best punches in boxing.

Back