Canelo vs Kirkland close for May 2nd

They have nothing to worry about because that fight will never go down. Mayweather is a scared little bitch that is now blaming Bob Arum for not agreeing to the fight after Pacman has already agreed to all his demands.

Pac is not included in the negotiations. He's telling fans what they want to hear, like the politician he is. If Arum agrees to the fight, Pac will be allowed to fight Mayweather.

Terrible matchup for Kirkland... Canelo is going to spank him and send him to bed hungry.

You must be a very important person to be privy to such negotiations. Thank you for blessing us mere fans with your inside scoop.

Even you must be struggling to maintain faith in your man...

Oxford ED: To act like a Bitch: Bitchlike. Bitchism. Bitchweather.

Even you must be struggling to maintain faith in your man...

Oxford ED: To act like a Bitch: Bitchlike. Bitchism. Bitchweather.

"My man"? You post about Mayweather more than I do, and are very much one of the tribal goons.

Plus you think Anthony Joshua is the second best heavyweight in the world. Forgive me if I therefore continue to dismiss your opinions as those not to be taken seriously, though you do show such sparkling wit.

"My man"? You post about Mayweather more than I do, and are very much one of the tribal goons.

Plus you think Anthony Joshua is the second best heavyweight in the world. Forgive me if I therefore continue to dismiss your opinions as those not to be taken seriously, though you do show such sparkling wit.

Well, I have seen you often defend one side but never the other. Difference?

And I said 'Could be?'. You 'Could be'?, I don't see the problem.
Lets see if you take your usual hiatus when Joshua beats Fury. Then will you become a believer?

Well, I have seen you often defend one side but never the other. Difference?

And I said 'Could be?'. You 'Could be'?, I don't see the problem.
Lets see if you take your usual hiatus when Joshua beats Fury. Then will you become a believer?

Well by that logic Chris Arreola could be "the second best heavyweight in the world".

And I don't "defend" one side. I've posted for years that neither party truly wanted the fight that badly four or five years ago. The only difference in the last few years is one side has become increasingly in favour of the fight taking place.

Unlike you I don't have a massive man crush on Pacquiao or a GPS for any Mayweather thread. I can see how you would interpret this as me being a supporter of "the other side ".

As long as the fights in Texas Canelo will be either juiced or the ring canvas will be spongy

Otherwise Kirkland destroys ginger boy

Put the fight on HBO and give people the option to watch a good fight thats on HBO for free or pay $75 for a rematch no one really cares to see.

Put the fight on HBO and give people the option to watch a good fight thats on HBO for free or pay $75 for a rematch no one really cares to see.

I don't see HBO doing that. Showtime ran against Martinez/Chavez with Canelo/Lopez but at that point the venue etc was already locked in foe when it was supposed to be PPV vs PPV, but I doubt Showtime would have ran Canelo/P-Will against a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight.

blown the fuck out

Oh, now it actually makes sense, I thought it was something completely different. Something terribly different. Why did my mind go the direction it did with this one? Oh god, I need help.

Again, Canelo and Oscar look stupid here. They made such a big deal about taking back the May 2nd date and its causing them to be irrational. Think about this:

-Canelo and Oscar try to force Cotto into a May 2nd fight

-Cotto choose to wait to see how Mayweather-Pacquiao plays out

-Canelo and Oscar say Cotto missed the deadline decide to move on without him

-Canelo vs Kirkland close to being made for May 2nd

-If Mayweather-Pacquiao does happen, Canelo will reschedule his fight

All this talk about taking back the Cinco De Mayo weekend really bit Canelo and Oscar in the ass. If they weren't in love with the date, they could have tried to schedule Cotto-Canelo in June instead of trying to force Cotto into a May 2nd fight. Funny thing is, Canelo and Oscar might have to back down anyway if Mayweather-Pacquiao is made.

The date is irrelevant. Cotto wants nothing to do with Canelo as long as he believes there's a remote possibility of him getting a fight with Mayweather.

Once Alvarez pummels Cotto, it's all over for him. Cotto won't be able to con his way into anymore big paydays after such a beating.

How has Cotto "conned" his way into big pay days? Because you don't like that he hasn't signed to fight Canelo? Surely if he had done so he'd have "conned" his way into a pay day?

It was Canelo and Floyd who ****ed fans into paying for a sparring match

Well, if you want to blame anyone then blame Canelo - Floyd was facing a much bigger man and did what he had to do in order to beat him. Anyone criticising him for the way he fought Canelo isn't really an objective observer.

"The fight wasn't entertaining?" Sure. "The fight was a glorified sparring match?" Not really. Try Pacquiao/Clottey for an example of a high profile glorified sparring match. (And again, you can't really blame the victor for that.) Or Pacquiao/Mosley. (Again, I don't blame Pacquiao, though in this case I do think he could have done more. I don't even blame Mosley, really, as I think he was done by then and his body just couldn't do what he wanted/needed it to do.)

But you have to agree that it was more or less a shit fight? Now there's a reason for it and we both understand why it Went down the way it did but nonetheless - a snoozefest.

I thought it was a good boxing match. It wasn't a great fight.

Some people don't care for a technical fight.

Has nothing to do with technical though. I see what you're aiming at and that's not the Point. The Point is, Canelo was so big, all May did was avoid him. Canelo was unable to cut off the ring and get to work (if i remember correct). Now, considering Mayweather wanted to win and not get a cuncussion, of course it was a smart way to box, but in no way was it entertaining in my eyes

Back