News Canelo vs GGG 3 Sept.17th DAZN PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
He’s the same , he hasn’t regressed. Bivol is a bigger guy, and then against GGG he was dominating him for 8 rounds, and G is just a tough old bastard

How was he dominating though? By beating up a 40 year old who just showed up for a pay cheque or by just doing a bit more than him? He looked average at best imo. Go look at his fights at 160 and his regression should be clear. He is basically a plodding 1-2 puncher now. No wonder he won't ever fight Benavidez. It would look like Manny vs Oscar.

He’s the same , he hasn’t regressed. Bivol is a bigger guy, and then against GGG he was dominating him for 8 rounds, and G is just a tough old bastard
Nah, he's lost a little step I think. I think we've seen his peak. His punches don't have the same velocity on them they had just 2 fights ago. He's less mobile than before. I mean, he was never fleet footed but he was slick as fuck there for a while and I don't see so much of that lately.

Nah, he's lost a little step I think. I think we've seen his peak. His punches don't have the same velocity on them they had just 2 fights ago. He's less mobile than before. I mean, he was never fleet footed but he was slick as fuck there for a while and I don't see so much of that lately.

Again, I hope not. I’ve enjoy watching that Redhead work.

Based on bivol fight. Na too early to tell. He was smashing ggg and looked like he was about to stop him until the late rounds

Canelo talking about David Benavidez:

“I see his dad talking a lot of sh!t,” Alvarez said. “Look what he’s accomplished – nothing. [He beat] one, single champion, Anthony Dirrell. Please, don’t disrespect [me]. Please, guys.”

{<jordan}

@Roids

Benividez would give the Canelo we saw Saturday night a hell of a fight. Mans is hungry and wants his shot.

Benividez would give the Canelo we saw Saturday night a hell of a fight. Mans is hungry and wants his shot.
I agree. However, the same exact thing can be said the other way around. Benavidez has not fought anyone remotely close to Canelo's level.

I would prefer if Canelo focused more on a weight that better fits him vs the suicide mission against Bivol. Give Charlo or Benavidez a fkn shot.

How was he dominating though? By beating up a 40 year old who just showed up for a pay cheque or by just doing a bit more than him? He looked average at best imo. Go look at his fights at 160 and his regression should be clear. He is basically a plodding 1-2 puncher now. No wonder he won't ever fight Benavidez. It would look like Manny vs Oscar.

Homie its good you back a fighter you like but there's zero chance Canelo gets pummeled anytime soon. He's been in there with prime GGG twice, prime Jacobs, prime Lara, resurrected Cotto, Kovalev, Bivol, and prime Callum Smith. If NONE of those guys hurt Canelo it is VERY unlikely he gets hurt by Benivadez.

Benavidez style meshes great with what Canelo does well, defense and counter-punch. It would look more like GGG 1 than anything else but I think Canelo does BETTER than he did against GGG.

Homie its good you back a fighter you like but there's zero chance Canelo gets pummeled anytime soon. He's been in there with prime GGG twice, prime Jacobs, prime Lara, resurrected Cotto, Kovalev, Bivol, and prime Callum Smith. If NONE of those guys hurt Canelo it is VERY unlikely he gets hurt by Benivadez.

How many of those fighters had Davids combination, of size, speed, power, cardio, and aggression? I will give you a hint. Zero.

I agree. However, the same exact thing can be said the other way around. Benavidez has not fought anyone remotely close to Canelo's level.

I would prefer if Canelo focused more on a weight that better fits him vs the suicide mission against Bivol. Give Charlo or Benavidez a fkn shot.

STFU fangirl. The PBC fighters still wont even fight each other. Hopefully Canelo ignores PBC altogether since they're all literally looking for handouts. Benavidez is only one trying to fight anyone.

How many of those fighters had Davids combination, of size, speed, power, cardio, and aggression? I will give you a hint. Zero.

I mean no two fighters are the same. GGG had BETTER power and aggression than Benavidez. Lara had BETTER cardio and speed. Hell Khan had better speed than Benavidez too. In each of those fights Canelo found a way to neutralize strengths and, by the way, Benavidez has demonstrated a vulnerability to counter punching and guess what? Canelo might be the single best counter puncher in boxing today.

And the Golovkin fight. He doesn't look right to me.

He's 32 years old. He's physically on the decline and when youre giving up height and reach in that state it makes things harder. Guys can overcome that with timing and speed but that's not Canelo's forte. I think he's got 2 more top fights left then it's gotta be very careful matchmaking.

STFU fangirl. The PBC fighters still wont even fight each other. Hopefully Canelo ignores PBC altogether since they're all literally looking for handouts. Benavidez is only one trying to fight anyone.
Ex girlfriend stalker with hurt feelings... PBC has nothing to do with it.
Take your simpleton logic about turning every thread into a PBC b!tch fest, your obsession with Crawford, your commie political agenda, and your devastated ego somewhere else.
YDKSAB. Its comical to see you pretend to though.

Benavidez hasn’t fought anyone on Canelo’s level, that is true. The same way Canelo never fought anyone on Floyd’s level until Floyd gave him a shot. He clearly wants the opportunity but someone has to agree to fight him.

He's 32 years old. He's physically on the decline and when youre giving up height and reach in that state it makes things harder. Guys can overcome that with timing and speed but that's not Canelo's forte. I think he's got 2 more top fights left then it's gotta be very careful matchmaking.
I understand. Thats why I said we've seen his best.

Benavidez hasn’t fought anyone on Canelo’s level, that is true. The same way Canelo never fought anyone on Floyd’s level until Floyd gave him a shot. He clearly wants the opportunity but someone has to agree to fight him.
You cant really fault him if he chose a tougher better opponent though.

I mean no two fighters are the same. GGG had BETTER power and aggression than Benavidez. Lara had BETTER cardio and speed. Hell Khan had better speed than Benavidez too. In each of those fights Canelo found a way to neutralize strengths and, by the way, Benavidez has demonstrated a vulnerability to counter punching and guess what? Canelo might be the single best counter puncher in boxing today.

Khan was rabbit.
Guy they made to climb up in weight class despite they knew that Khan is soft puncher even for welterweight .

Nice business matchmaking.:D

Back