News Canelo vs GGG 3 Sept.17th DAZN PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
I have a weird feeling someone is going to get Carlos Baldomired and then they’ll just fight regardless of the loss.

Last edited:
There are so many Canelo rumours I'm just going to wait for official announcements.

Was hoping GGG could pass the torch to a Charlo, Benavidez, or a Manguia.
Would of been the ultimate test for those guys to see if they are close to Canelo's level.

If was clear in their last fight that Canelo was still ascending and GGG was declining. Years will only make the minor separation greater. This is evident in their respective past fights. Canelo has looked like a P4P killer. GGG has been surviving.

If GGG proves me wrong I will get some joy out of that.

Canelo is ducking Benavidez and Andrade by fighting guys who are far better, more proven, and would kick the shit out of Benavidez and Andrade!

Nice strawman, I don't recall anyone saying that. All we asked for was that Canelo fight someone relevant (Bivol, Andrade, Charlo, Benavidez). To his credit, that's exactly what he did.

This will be the toughest fight Canelo has had in 4 years.

Last edited:
Its by far the best Money fight for GGG, so its understandable why he's after it.
Its a shame he will have a low chance to win it, he's not going to KO Canelo and a decision win is impossible, as seen in the first fight.

I just hope he's able to make a great fight as last 2 were, and he's standing when the fight ends.
He's one of my favorite fighters in and out of the ring, and deserves ending his career with pride.

Nice strawman, I don't recall anyone saying that. All we asked for was that Canelo fight someone relevant (Bivol, Andrade, Charlo, Benavidez). To his credit, that's exactly what he did.

This will be the toughest fight Canelo has had in 4 years.
I dont care what your opinion is. You think Andrade is relevant. That says enough for me.

I hope I'm wrong but I believe it's a bad fight for Golovkin at this point.
I've made this mistake before, rematches are so often carbon copies. Age is always a factor of course.

I dont care what your opinion is. You think Andrade is relevant. That says enough for me.

Well you certainly cared enough to acknowledge it. To your point, yes, Andrade is relevant. He's undefeated, active and has a belt.

I've made this mistake before, rematches are so often carbon copies. Age is always a factor of course.

If only Ginger didn’t have this anvil of a chin.

Would of been the ultimate test for those guys to see if they are close to Canelo's level.

If was clear in their last fight that Canelo was still ascending and GGG was declining. Years will only make the minor separation greater. This is evident in their respective past fights. Canelo has looked like a P4P killer. GGG has been surviving.

You realize it was the EXACT SAME way when JMM and Manny fought their 3rd fight?

Manny was routing HOF WWs and JMM looked past it. Manny was a WHOPPING -1100 favorite to beat JMM in their 3rd fight before JMM and Nacho reminded everyone styles make fights. The 4th fight was Manny -200...yeesh.

While age definitely benefits Canelo...do NOT discount GGG. This is a real fight and GGG will go into it like its his last fight. Expect him to leave it all in the ring.

You realize it was the EXACT SAME way when JMM and Manny fought their 3rd fight?

Manny was routing HOF WWs and JMM looked past it. Manny was a WHOPPING -1100 favorite to beat JMM in their 3rd fight before JMM and Nacho reminded everyone styles make fights. The 4th fight was Manny -200...yeesh.

While age definitely benefits Canelo...do NOT discount GGG. This is a real fight and GGG will go into it like its his last fight. Expect him to leave it all in the ring.
I believe JMM only had one fight between his last Pacman lost and his last Pacman victory. Also pretty sure he won wide unanimously. So if that's the case. I wouldn't agree they are similar.

100%

Canelo is much better off/more peak than Canelo/GGG 2, GGG is worse off/further downhill from peak. Not saying GGG can't win and happy to see him make a liar out of me if he can, but I don't think he can.
It would almost have to be a Pac/JMM situation noted above where GGG caught him with something that hurt Canelo badly and allowed him to finish Alvarez, likely while GGG is behind on the cards.

Still, not like Canelo is looking for easy fights. I don't mean to imply that at all. GGG is still a legit opponent, but I don't see this time going well for him.

Back