Canelo vs GGG 3 - Paths to Victory for GGG

gggbigdramashow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
We have all heard the popular takes that Canelo wins either by stoppage (most likely via body shots) or wins a decision because GGG is too tough to knockout or the cards will forever be in his favor. No need to hear more about those possible outcomes.

Those that think GGG has a chance, what paths to victory do you see?

I think GGG needs to take more risks. It's been shown that he cannot jab his way to victory (a la the second fight). He obviously needs to continue to use the jab as a weapon and to keep Canelo at bay but he HAS to let Canelo in once in awhile, mix it up, and throw more power shots and hope that Canelo is willing to mix it up a little thus allowing GGG to land despite him being the slower fighter. Canelo may push for the KO as he wants to look good after the Bivol loss so this is a distinct possibility.

If GGG is able to successfully mix it up and land more power shots both to the head AND body he might be able to mark Canelo up and hurt him a few times (but not get the KO). If he has him hurt enough times like he managed to do in Round 10 of Canelo GGG 2, he might be able to swing the cards in his favor.

he could possibly win a decision, but he isn't going to.

he's old. he doesn't have the legs or the gastank anymore, and he's facing a younger fighter - who is likely still in his prime, despite the bivol loss.

bivol comprehensively beat canelo and the scorecards barely reflected that. GGG can't outbox him like that, and canelo's chin is fucking granite, so he can't knock him out either. i pray to the old gods and the new that golovkin somehow gets it done, but this really isn't a very intriguing fight. it will be fun, because both guys bring it, but barring any freak accidents, there's almost no doubt about the outcome.

We've all heard why golovkin won't win already.

he could possibly win a decision, but he isn't going to.

he's old. he doesn't have the legs or the gastank anymore, and he's facing a younger fighter - who is likely still in his prime, despite the bivol loss.

bivol comprehensively beat canelo and the scorecards barely reflected that. GGG can't outbox him like that, and canelo's chin is fucking granite, so he can't knock him out either. i pray to the old gods and the new that golovkin somehow gets it done, but this really isn't a very intriguing fight. it will be fun, because both guys bring it, but barring any freak accidents, there's almost no doubt about the outcome.

I think GGG needs to clearly outwork him to win.

I was going to back that up with CompuBox stats which I assumed would show that Canelo threw far fewer punches against Bivol than GGG, but they show close to 500 in both fights. ‍♂️

Regardless, if GGG can be busier, land that jab and evade Canelo’s pot shots and sweeping hooks to the body, he could take this on points. I don’t see either guy getting KO’d.

GGG wins if he turns back time to 2015-16 and comes out at his best, but it's 2022 so he's almost definitely gonna lose.

Can GGG beat Canelo? Of course, most of the boxing world thought he did it once, and many thought he did it twice.

Can GGG get a decision over Canelo given that he is now 4-5 years older? Unlikely. I know Canelo threads turn into PED/judging agruments, but the reality is you can't answer this question honestly unless you are bringing up the judges. Bivol, Mayweather, GGG all should have had relatively clean wins over Canelo, yet the cards did not reflect that. So do I see GGG winning 9 rounds against Canelo? No.

Can GGG KO Canelo? Well, he certainly can, but Canelo has a great chin. So I find that unlikely too.

That said, people are out of their mind thinking GGG has no chance. Murata went balls to the wall for a few rounds, GGG ate all the shots, then stopped Murata easily. Not that Murata is on Canelo's level, but he is a top level MW. Add in the fact GGG doesn't have to cut weight at 168 + won't have a size disadvantage, I think many may be surprised.

Last edited:
GGG is willing to put one foot in the tire and trade. Making of a great fight no matter his age

We have all heard the popular takes that Canelo wins either by stoppage (most likely via body shots) or wins a decision because GGG is too tough to knockout or the cards will forever be in his favor. No need to hear more about those possible outcomes.

Those that think GGG has a chance, what paths to victory do you see?

I think GGG needs to take more risks. It's been shown that he cannot jab his way to victory (a la the second fight). He obviously needs to continue to use the jab as a weapon and to keep Canelo at bay but he HAS to let Canelo in once in awhile, mix it up, and throw more power shots and hope that Canelo is willing to mix it up a little thus allowing GGG to land despite him being the slower fighter. Canelo may push for the KO as he wants to look good after the Bivol loss so this is a distinct possibility.

If GGG is able to successfully mix it up and land more power shots both to the head AND body he might be able to mark Canelo up and hurt him a few times (but not get the KO). If he has him hurt enough times like he managed to do in Round 10 of Canelo GGG 2, he might be able to swing the cards in his favor.

I thought GGG won the 1st one.

The 2nd fight, GGG let Canrlo thr naturally smaller fighter dictate the fight. I got 1 a piece.

Not a chance. GGG needs a storage or corruption judges will gift a victory.

I can see GGG getting off to a good start fighting at a pace Canelo isn't comfortable with. He wins the first few rounds that way. Then Canelo gets over confident and presses the action and gets caught and hurt. Following that GGG boxes to a comfortable decision against a Canelo who showed in the Bivol fight that he's not willing to bite down and take chances when clearly down in a fight.

Judges of course award GGG a tight split decision.

Last edited:
Hopefully Canelo has been eating some steaks for this fight. That vegan shit didn't work.

I want GGG to win but my prediction is that Canelo is going to crush him. This fight won't be close.

oh so you want us to just come up with random shit no one believes?

gotcha, mate. golovkin wins by hitting canelo over the head with a folded lawn chair in round 4.
if any legit site was offering odds I’d put 10 bucks on this for the lulz

I think GGG gets stopped.

The key is volume punching and the ability to fight on the front foote. Maybe some lateral movement to avoid getting hit too often to the body. This isn't gonna be easy. We'll see how comfortable he is at 168, this is gonna be a factor.

Back