Canelo vs Chavez Jr in talks. BREAKING: Canelo signed the contract, waiting on Chavez Jr

Not a fan of this fight. Seems utterly pointless. JCC JR is not a world class boxer and is on the way out of his own career and division.

This is a circus fight that means nothing to the sport besides having these two people make money. Canelo is showing yellow on a his backside.

canelo was in the ring and called out ggg but wont move up to fight him but will move up for jcc jr. Thats a coward move.

Fighting khan was a joke of a fight.His next opponent no one knew him and now this. Canelo is becoming a joke in the world of boxing
Except he isnt

Not a fan of this fight. Seems utterly pointless. JCC JR is not a world class boxer and is on the way out of his own career and division.

This is a circus fight that means nothing to the sport besides having these two people make money. Canelo is showing yellow on a his backside.

canelo was in the ring and called out ggg but wont move up to fight him but will move up for jcc jr. Thats a coward move.

Fighting khan was a joke of a fight.His next opponent no one knew him and now this. Canelo is becoming a joke in the world of boxing

I'd rather see him fight anybody relevant at 154 or 160 (Charlo, Brook, Saunders, Lemiuex, etc).

But as far as freak-show fights, this one is okay. If Chavez can make weight, he'll be a huge opponent with a great chin for Canelo. It would make for a great action fight. It is more interesting than his fight with Kirkland or Smith at least.

So Canelo wasn't willing to go up to 160lbs to face GGG but now will go to 165lbs ???

F*ck Canelo....

LOL I was thinking the same thing. However, lets be real, GGG is a fight that requires much more preparation.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. However, lets be real, GGG is a fight that requires much more preparation.

I actually don't have a problem with it. I always defend guys who pick and choose who to leave their weight class for, as long as they aren't ducking guys in their own weight class.

For example, GGG said he'd go to 168 to fight Froch, but would not go to 168 for Ward. The reasons are obvious. More money and less risk against Froch.

Does that bother me at all? No, because GGG is a middleweight, he does not have to leave his division for anybody. If he wants to leave his division to fight a bigger guy, he better be compensated for the risk.

I don't really defend Canelo though, because he actually fought at 160 and won the lineal belt after fighting at 155 (middleweight) for several years. The guy was a middleweight and would not fight the other top middleweights. Now he is back at 154 and won't fight the other top guys at 154.

I can assure you that Andrade is on almost nobody's radar.
LOL I see what you did there....Well played
The guy was a middleweight and would not fight the other top middleweights. Now he is back at 154 and won't fight the other top guys at 154.
So true. Oscar's new "blueprint." Its like they totally did a 180 with him. He use to be the opposite. The first part of his rise to stardom was as legit as they come.

Canelo finishes him to the guts within 10.

Canelo vs Chavez Jr - May HBO PPV
Canelo vs Saunders - Sept HBO PPV

Canelo vs GGG - May HBO PPV

What a joke. GGG calls him out and he drops his belt and goes down to 154 because 160 is too much. Now he's going up to 165 to fight a no hope bum. Just a complete disgrace to the sport.

I hope no one watches.

What a joke. GGG calls him out and he drops his belt and goes down to 154 because 160 is too much. Now he's going up to 165 to fight a no hope bum. Just a complete disgrace to the sport.

I hope no one watches.

The fight is a joke but it will do insane numbers. Chavez Senior has been doing pre-fight commentating for almost two years and constantly insulting Canelo for not fighting Golovkin so there is bad blood and a big buildup already. Plus it plays on the whole De La Hoya against Chavez Senior legacy. Idiots will convince the casual fans that the size difference is insurmountable and if Canelo can win he should be considered the pound for pound greatest mexican ever. Yeah Canelo is turning his career into a joke but that doesn't change the fact he is going to do numbers and get ridiculous paydays.

I dont see a quitter being able to stay in there long with somebody as skilled and as strong as Canelo. Jr is like the only fighter that gets a pass on this. Funny how far a name can take you.

I honestly believe if Chavez Jr was named John Smith and you didnt know who his pappy was this fight would get universally trashed.

The size difference will be negated by "Caneloweight tactics" against a guy that battles life and death on the scales already. So you're going to have Uber Canelo vs Walking Dead Chavez Jr.
Any info on the magic weight????

Can't believe I'm actually gonna root for Chavez Jr for once. It would be great to see that no skill/talent bum smash Canelo. I hope this cherry pick blows up in Oscars face.

This is what drives me nuts about boxing. Very rarely do the best fights available get made.

Boxing promoters make their money making the 5th or 6th best fight available. Nobody takes JCC Jr seriously, he's just an easy win for Canelo.

This is what drives me nuts about boxing. Very rarely do the best fights available get made.

Boxing promoters make their money making the 5th or 6th best fight available. Nobody takes JCC Jr seriously, he's just an easy win for Canelo.

So what are these best fights that haven't been made in recent years to lead you to believe it rarely happens?

I hope no one watches.

Look, I'd rather see him fight GGG too. But we are getting GGG vs Jacobs, which aside from Canelo's popularity, is just as interesting of a fight. Jacobs is significantly bigger than Canelo and GGG, he is a true middleweight (could be right at home at 168 too) and has been knocking out middleweights. This is a fight that is exciting.

People get wrapped up in Canelo vs GGG because it's a great fight, but also because Canelo is a big star. If you can get over the fact that Jacobs is not as popular as Canelo, you should be just as excited to see the actual fight in the ring. I mean, are you convinced that Canelo would beat Jacobs? I am not convinced of that at all, that is a close fight.

As for Chavez Jr, I'll definitely be watching that fight. Chavez is a monster compared to Canelo, and he has only been hurt by one guy (Fonfara at light heavyweight). Canelo is a much better fighter in every sense, but he is going to have his hands full is Chavez shows up in any kind of shape. He is legitimately two weight classes bigger than Canelo.

What a pointless fucking fight.
It's going to be huge in Mexico so it isn't really pointless. Jr. also has a name that might help sell here in the states. Other than money though it really is an insignificant match.

Back