Canelo vs Chavez Jr in talks. BREAKING: Canelo signed the contract, waiting on Chavez Jr

Its not really that hes not fighting GGG. Its that hes not fighting the other best 154 and 160s on top of avoiding GGG
Like who? Bjs wouldnt be competitive, Jacobs is fighting ggg. The charlos arent ready. Lara is a terrible tv fighter who he already beat.

Like who? Bjs wouldnt be competitive, Jacobs is fighting ggg. The charlos arent ready. Lara is a terrible tv fighter who he already beat.
BJS a legit belt holder. Still undefeated. Might as well collect as many 160 belts before he meets GGG. It has meaning and he has accomplished more than a name sake outside his division.
I think the Charlos could just be Canelos or GGGs toughest fights to date. They to are legit champs. No need to coddle them. And looks like they dont want that either.

I for sure would give him a pass on Lara especially since he fought him before.

You didnt mention Andrade....How do you justify fighting the dude who picked up his vacated belt but not him?

For every knock.or flaw you find with the champs at his 2 weight classes there are just as many about JR.

I also feel all the above guys are more accomplished and deserving than JR. What does jumping your divisions to fight a part time mid level protected bigger guy prove?

I also think people here vastly over rate JR. He is what he is.

BJS a legit belt holder. Still undefeated. Might as well collect as many 160 belts before he meets GGG. It has meaning and he has accomplished more than a name sake outside his division.
I think the Charlos could just be Canelos or GGGs toughest fights to date. They to are legit champs. No need to coddle them. And looks like they dont want that either.

You didnt mention Andrade....How do you justify fighting the dude who picked up his vacated belt but not him?

For every knock.or flaw you find with the champs at his 2 weight classes there are just as many about JR.

I also feel all the above guys are more accomplished and deserving than JR. What does jumping your divisions to fight a part time mid level protected bigger guy prove?

Not big on Andrade dont think it would be very competive.
Are we talking from a competitive standpoint or a rankings standpoint?
Because if its a rankings standpoint than BJS is the answer because hes a weak champion who would get canelo another belt. Did you see his last fight? It was a pitiful performance against a hand picked opponent.

Jermall charlo is going to be a force at 154-160. However his best competiton is an unproven Julian williams. In fact if i was Charlo i would inquire about a fight with BJS. Try to get a belt and some experiance at 160 before the big fights.

Jarmell is not as good as Jermall and was getting outboxed by Jackson the entire fight before catching him in round 8. He needs more time. His fight against martiroysan wasnt impressive either. Although i admit those are the only two fights ive seen of him so maybe i just saw him at his worst

To me Chavez is the best opponent other than GGG and Jacobs for Canelo because its a name, its a guy who will produce an exciting fight and from a fans perspective will probably be competitve for the first 6 rounds before canelos combination punching take over. Who knows though maybe he wont be able to handle chavez's size advantage and get worn down

Not big on Andrade dont think it would be very competive.
Are we talking from a competitive standpoint or a rankings standpoint?
Because if its a rankings standpoint than BJS is the answer because hes a weak champion who would get canelo another belt. Did you see his last fight? It was a pitiful performance against a hand picked opponent.

Jermall charlo is going to be a force at 154-160. However his best competiton is an unproven Julian williams. In fact if i was Charlo i would inquire about a fight with BJS. Try to get a belt and some experiance at 160 before the big fights.

Jarmell is not as good as Jermall and was getting outboxed by Jackson the entire fight before catching him in round 8. He needs more time. His fight against martiroysan wasnt impressive either. Although i admit those are the only two fights ive seen of him so maybe i just saw him at his worst

To me Chavez is the best opponent other than GGG and Jacobs for Canelo because its a name, its a guy who will produce an exciting fight and from a fans perspective will probably be competitve for the first 6 rounds before canelos combination punching take over. Who knows though maybe he wont be able to handle chavez's size advantage and get worn down
I guess it comes down to what is the best lead up to the GGG fight. I think collecting and taking all the belts they can would actually make the Canello and Ggg fight cooler. It would prove Concretely whos the best. Then the winner could search for super fights from there.
Andrade is on the same level as the Charlos IMO. I guess its well known that he trains with and is a lot better than than J Rock.

Sure Jermall should get a big fight before Jermell. But Jermall is still a top guy at 154.

All 3 of these guys proved they are the new breed at 154 and 160 if they move up.

I dont get how Chavez "is the best opponent not named GGG or Jacobs..."
He has none little to nothing over the past few years. He has looked horrible. And still has his foot half way in half way out. Hes not even the best guy at his own weight. There are other guys around 165 that would give GGG a tougher time.
Chavez Jr is ok if you didnt already fight several people from out of left field. Smith, Kirkland, and Khan.

Hi, boxers have these things called promoters who they sign a contract with. The promoter then negotiates their fights to get them the most money. He will make more fighting jcc jr than ggg. What is difficult to understand?

"Mexicans don't fuck around"... Canelo.

Incongruous conduct, I agree Fuck Canelo.

This is an absolute joke of a fight.

At 154, either Charlo or Andrade are legitimate and interesting fights (all three are better fighters than Saunders). If he was sticking around at 154, I'd be more interested in any of those fights than Jr., but he's not and there are business concerns, as well (Canelo makes way more against Jr. than any of them). If you think JCC Jr. is clearly inferior and less risky than Saunders, just compare their performances against Lee. Lee gave Jr. some problems for a few rounds, but then got run over. In my view, Lee actually deserved the decision against Saunders. Saunders is not a more troubling or legitimate fight for Canelo than Jcc Jr. at 165 is (Jr. might be the tougher fight considering the size).

In terms of money, it's not even close. Jr. is by far the most lucrative fight other than Golovkin. It will sell a lot on Cinco de Mayo weekend. From a competitive point of view, is this ideal? Not really, but outside of Golovkin and Jacobs, there aren't many interesting MW fights out there, and we already know they're occupied. Hopefully Oscar, Canelo, and co. stop fucking around and start negotiating in good faith with the winner of that fight.

At 154, either Charlo or Andrade are legitimate and interesting fights (all three are better fighters than Saunders). If he was sticking around at 154, I'd be more interested in any of those fights than Jr., but he's not and there are business concerns, as well (Canelo makes way more against Jr. than any of them). If you think JCC Jr. is clearly inferior and less risky than Saunders, just compare their performances against Lee. Lee gave Jr. some problems for a few rounds, but then got run over. In my view, Lee actually deserved the decision against Saunders. Saunders is not a more troubling or legitimate fight for Canelo than Jcc Jr. at 165 is (Jr. might be the tougher fight considering the size).

In terms of money, it's not even close. Jr. is by far the most lucrative fight other than Golovkin. It will sell a lot on Cinco de Mayo weekend. From a competitive point of view, is this ideal? Not really, but outside of Golovkin and Jacobs, there aren't many interesting MW fights out there, and we already know they're occupied. Hopefully Oscar, Canelo, and co. stop fucking around and start negotiating in good faith with the winner of that fight.
The Lee fight was four years ago....A lot has changed since then.
Destroyed by Martinez
Exposed by a journeyman in Vera. Struggled
Quit and destroyed by Fanfora.
2 meaningless questionable wins since.
Whats wrong with actually cleaning out a division before you move up??? Hes still at 154.
And if he wont fight these 3 young lions they are moving up. All of them.
I just dont get hating on BJS and giving Jr a pass. BJS is a sitting duck but at least hes a full time boxer who does fight some top level guys relatively recently.
Again if you want to do a money fight or a name sake fight, cool. But then you dont fight Khan Kirkland or Smith first.
Its a pattern of pointless fights and holding up the divisions.
Jr is not a boogey man.
If a battered Sergio Martinez could tool him i think Canelo makes him quit fast.
There are 4 better fights than this for actual titles.
The only way this fight makes sense is for the cash grab. I agree that it should be a lot more money than all the others.

I guess it comes down to what is the best lead up to the GGG fight. I think collecting and taking all the belts they can would actually make the Canello and Ggg fight cooler. It would prove Concretely whos the best. Then the winner could search for super fights from there.
Andrade is on the same level as the Charlos IMO. I guess its well known that he trains with and is a lot better than than J Rock.

Sure Jermall should get a big fight before Jermell. But Jermall is still a top guy at 154.

All 3 of these guys proved they are the new breed at 154 and 160 if they move up.

I dont get how Chavez "is the best opponent not named GGG or Jacobs..."
He has none little to nothing over the past few years. He has looked horrible. And still has his foot half way in half way out. Hes not even the best guy at his own weight. There are other guys around 165 that would give GGG a tougher time.
Chavez Jr is ok if you didnt already fight several people from out of left field. Smith, Kirkland, and Khan.
Hmmmm you think way higher of Andrade than i do, but thats fair. And yeah i guess we will have to agree to disagree brotha.

Hmmmm you think way higher of Andrade than i do, but thats fair. And yeah i guess we will have to agree to disagree brotha.
I think at the very least hes better than Smith who Canelo fought and destroyed. I think its strange how Canelo didnt want that belt until Andrade dropped it and Smith picked it up if I rember correctly.
You make some good logical points. I dont totally disagree with you. It doesnt seem as bad of a fight as I first thought.

Would be ideal for Andrade to fight both Charlos though.

Would be ideal for Andrade to fight both Charlos though.
He's already pulled out of a fight with the less talented brother. Andrade is indeed good, but he won't get out of his own way. Jermall would probably win by TKO in a back and forth chess match.

De La Hoya is a wanker... GGG fight at 160 is way more appealing than him fighting Chavez...

He's already pulled out of a fight with the less talented brother. Andrade is indeed good, but he won't get out of his own way. Jermall would probably win by TKO in a back and forth chess match.
Yeah i remember that. I think Roc nation wound up telling him not to take the fight then they wound up screwing him over bad. I think they are great fights... who knows. Thats why i want fo see it.
Yeah he seems a bit strange. Even for a boxer.

Yeah i remember that. I think Roc nation wound up telling him not to take the fight then they wound up screwing him over bad. I think they are great fights... who knows. Thats why i want fo see it.
Yeah he seems a bit strange. Even for a boxer.
He could have gone with Roc Nation after the fight. I want to see those fights myself.

He could have gone with Roc Nation after the fight. I want to see those fights myself.
I mean hes a grown ass man and sure he deserves the final blame. But they flat out told him to pull out of the fight....allegedly. They had something bigger and better. I think hes on record for saying he should of never trusted them and stayed in the fight. I think hes been paying for it. Hes watching as the Charlos pass him by.

I mean hes a grown ass man and sure he deserves the final blame. But they flat out told him to pull out of the fight....allegedly. They had something bigger and better. I think hes on record for saying he should of never trusted them and stayed in the fight. I think hes been paying for it. Hes watching as the Charlos pass him by.
This isn't the only instance. The WBO gave him a chance to fight for their piece of the MW title after Quillin vacated(at the request of him and his camp), and never showed up when it was time to make the fight. Even now, he's having trouble securing a fight for a secondary title, when he could simply fight Lara for the real version of it.

This isn't the only instance. The WBO gave him a chance to fight for their piece of the MW title after Quillin vacated(at the request of him and his camp), and never showed up when it was time to make the fight. Even now, he's having trouble securing a fight for a secondary title, when he could simply fight Lara for the real version of it.
It doesnt make sense to sign on to fight anyone until Canelo has confirmed his next opponent. This is exactly what i mean by holding up both divisions. A loss to Canelo is almost better for your career than a win vs Lara.
Lara is like one of the first guys ever I kind of understand people avoiding.
Well since they both cant get big names anymore that is a fight that makes a ton of sense if hes not on Canelos radar.

Not a fan of this fight. Seems utterly pointless. JCC JR is not a world class boxer and is on the way out of his own career and division.

This is a circus fight that means nothing to the sport besides having these two people make money. Canelo is showing yellow on a his backside.

canelo was in the ring and called out ggg but wont move up to fight him but will move up for jcc jr. Thats a coward move.

Fighting khan was a joke of a fight.His next opponent no one knew him and now this. Canelo is becoming a joke in the world of boxing

Back