Canelo vs Chavez Jr in talks. BREAKING: Canelo signed the contract, waiting on Chavez Jr

Golovkin calls out fighters at catch weights but refuses to negotiate a catchweight fight with Canelo. So fuck Golovkin too, right ?
Depends on his supposed 4 opponents in 2017. Im ready to start putting the same blame on GGG too. Im starting to see the truth in this.
But i will say this. The catch weight for the fight is trumped by both of them holding a belt for the same weight at the time.

Hi, boxers have these things called promoters who they sign a contract with. The promoter then negotiates their fights to get them the most money. He will make more fighting jcc jr than ggg. What is difficult to understand?
You're right but any future attempts at a catchweight against GGG will lose credibility.

Ok, blah blah he was heavier than Sergio, so fucking what, he put it on him in round 12. Sergio didn't say make sure you can last one round and I'll pound your face in for 11.

Oscar de la Hoya makes Canelos fights so he makes the most money. What is difficult in understanding that. He will make more vs jcc jr than ggg, deal with it. Does it make the hardcore fans happy, fuck no, do any of you guys understand business? Apparently not.

No idea bud, oscar de la fishnets is trying to make money for no risk, which he is. All this ducking stuff isn't true
Isn't that the definition of ducking? That he makes a ton of money fighting no hopers is just the reason he's able to avoid the fight.

What a fucking clown. He's too small for 160 but is going to fight at 165?

Dude is running from GGG.

Canelo fights Khan, gets shit for it.
GGG fights Brook, people are interested.
Canelo fights a guy that is bigger and might not be able to make 165lbs, and he still gets shit.

Canelo could fight Kovalev at 175 in March, and you would still get the "Hes duckin GGG, Ward exposed Kov already".

GGG took plenty of heat for fighting Brook before the fight and after he won. Check the thread here when it was made and I'll bet you were one of them. I said myself that it was a mismatch and I'm a Golovkin fan. It was a business fight, a money fight, and so is this. Neither is/was relevant to the Middleweight division.

The WBA wouldn't even sanction the fight for Golovkin to defend that title against Brook. Yet "people were interested" in what they (most fans, media & the WBA) believed was a mismatch "due to health concerns".

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/gennady-golovkin-vs-kell-brook-will-not-be-for-the-wba-title/

The last part has me laughing. You need your own comedy show.

Last edited:
You've gotta be kidding me.

When was the last time JCC jr. weighed less than 168? The fight isn't terrible, but I can't trust JCC to make the weight... If he does he's going to be a zombie.

I believe this will also be Canelo's 6th CW fight.

Should do it at 168 imo.

Canelo fights Khan, gets shit for it.
GGG fights Brook, people are interested.
Canelo fights a guy that is bigger and might not be able to make 165lbs, and he still gets shit.

Canelo could fight Kovalev at 175 in March, and you would still get the "Hes duckin GGG, Ward exposed Kov already".
That's not true. JCC Jr is just a name he's not a championship caliber win for him. If he signed to face Kovalev I think he'd get kudos across the board.

Isn't that the definition of ducking? That he makes a ton of money fighting no hopers is just the reason he's able to avoid the fight.
No, if you employ someone to make your fights you me and keyboard warriors aren't in a position to call duck.

No, if you employ someone to make your fights you me and keyboard warriors aren't in a position to call duck.
I agree we don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it does seem like a duck. We can blame it on Oscar but they should have fought this year.

Jcc fights at 168. Canelo is the champ at 160. If they are going to fight it makes sense for them to meet in the middle imo. Jcc not making 160. He just fought at 167 and looked to be in good shape. I think its a great fight. Looking forward to it

Well, I always thought that Canelo should fight a big middleweight before fighting Golovkin. This ticks that box.

The weight fuckery aside, it's not a terrible tuneup, and regardless of what everyone has to say about JCC jr (all of it's deserved), him against Canelo will sell.

Focused Chavez Jr? Is he cousins with motivated Bj Penn?

Chavez jr. Is an overrated can crusher attempting to milk the name of his father..

A lazy, diva of a fighter.

Chavez jr. Will quit in round 8

You're not wrong about JCC Jr, but he did have some half respectable wins at MW. He stopped Andy Lee fairly easily, and Lee is a decent fighter.

So Canelo wasn't willing to go up to 160lbs to face GGG but now will go to 165lbs ???

F*ck Canelo....

I agree, but the the weight thing was always just something used for negotiation purposes. Not that it forgives the bullshit that Canelo, Oscar, and co. have put out there with the Golovkin negotiations, but I think it was pretty transparent from the beginning that the weight was just something they were using to gain leverage (for example, they'd come to the table saying 155 or 56, then give it up in order to gain something else in the negotiation).

fuck this fight. To clarify, I'm not saying fuck the catchweight (though it should really be at 168 since JCC is at 175) but fuck this fight.

I agree, but the the weight thing was always just something used for negotiation purposes. Not that it forgives the bullshit that Canelo, Oscar, and co. have put out there with the Golovkin negotiations, but I think it was pretty transparent from the beginning that the weight was just something they were using to gain leverage (for example, they'd come to the table saying 155 or 56, then give it up in order to gain something else in the negotiation).
It seemed like it at first but since they cut off negotiations and put the fight off for a year it seems more like a duck. Hope they actually negotiate and meet somewhere in the middle by September.

fuck this fight. To clarify, I'm not saying fuck the catchweight (though it should really be at 168 since JCC is at 175) but fuck this fight.
I don't mind this type of tuneup it's just this will make it a long string of tuneups without a meaningfulfight.

Back