News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

There's drama with a fight with Charlo, Benavidez, Beterbiev or Bivol, cause those guys actually have names and these fights have been discussed. Nobody knows who this african guy is. I had to look up footage of him and he's underwhelming as fuck. I'm pretty sure Benavidez who is slightly taller, much more athletic and skilled would wash this dude, I mean look at him

Damn I hate seeing Kudryashov lose. He’s always been entertaining in my eyes.

That's a big gift. Traditionally though the CW limit was 190

I guess the question to ask is "Who wouldn't reach for low hanging fruit?" If you're the boxer I guess you reach. If you have to pay per view you have to make your decision.

Traditionally? You mean not anymore? Now hes going for a title at a made up weight? Lol boxing

He shouldnt be expected to do much at CW but not surprising hed go for a weak, shot and/or overrated champ like many boxers of this and the past era do when they move up like theyre accomplishing some spectacular feat. Shades of not wanting Beterbiev/Bivol but going after shot chinless Kov. Makabu hasnt fought in well over a year too <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

theres 0 chance he ever gets in the ring with Briedis or Okolie

Yes i agree it looks great on paper. Thats what Canelo (and his fans) only care about. Padding his paper record. A real fan should want him to clean out his own division first which he never did at 154/160/168/175.

Hmmm.
He still has a chance.

Yea, he only won all 4 belts and unified the entire 168 division for the first time in history, while all those other dipshits waited around.

Hmmm.
If he's the 168 Champion he should beat Benavidez yes?

There's drama with a fight with Charlo, Benavidez, Beterbiev or Bivol,
They could fight each other. Why not?
Benavidez-Charlo would be a great fight.
In 11 months, Canelo fought 4 fights and won 4 World Championships and unified the division. 3 of the 4 were World Champions and undefeated.
In that same time frame Charlo fought once, against Juan Macias Montiel who was 22-4-2 at the time, and was fighting in his first World Title fight against Charlo.

Its almost as if Canelo just unified titles. Lets stop pretending he hasnt been on an incredible run.

Folks are already picking Canelo to beat Biev, and now were complaining about him fighting a champ at the next class bigger than Biev?

Lmao @ Charlo being a better fight.
There's no way you can argue this is the fight you'd pick for him if you could decide.

Just remembered WBC is moving CW down to 190 b/c of bridgerweight prolly will take effect here. LMAOOO absolutely no shame they were planning this for a while

the only question remains is what will the rehydration clause be for Makabu to get him skeletor'd and drained out as possible?

We've never heard of Makabu? Okay. I agree that he should fight Benavidez soon. Within his next 2 or 3 fights. Problem is Benavidez doesn't bring much to the table and Canelo is already undisputed at SMW. It's a fight that needs to happen though. We can agree on that. The cherrypicking accusation has already been addressed. Did you see who Roy went after at Heavyweight? John Ruiz. This kind of thing happens all the time due to the size difference being so enormous. If Canelo was closer in size to Makabu, do you think he'd be as selective?
Yes, but it's worth what it's worth, Ruiz or this guy aren't going to be wins that define their legacy.

He shouldnt be expected to do much at CW but not surprising hed go for a weak, shot and/or overrated champ like many boxers of this and the past era do when they move up like theyre accomplishing some spectacular feat. Shades of not wanting Beterbiev/Bivol but going after shot chinless Kov. Makabu hasnt fought in well over a year too <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

theres 0 chance he ever gets in the ring with Briedis or Okolie
You're just upset Canelo keeps winning.
If he's the 168 Champion he should beat Benavidez yes?
Why because Benavidez just beat the #47 ranked SMW in the world? And prior to that beat the #27 ranked SMW in the world?

It just isn't that intriguing, there's several other fights with guys from 160-175 that are far more intriguing. It's also low risk-high reward, he loses and people won't hold it against him because of the size difference, he wins and everyone talks about how great the achievement is, despite the fact that beating Beterbiev, Benavidez or Bivol would be more of a challenge and more of an accomplishment
Gave you the like but a defeat here would be a crushing loss for him. Let's say he lost to Usyk at 190 then people wouldn't hold it against him.

Benavidez more of challenge and accomplishment??

I think this smells of the situation floyd faced, where everyone Canelo doesn't fight becomes this superhuman titan and then after Canelo evenually beats them, a new excuse forms and a new great white hope emerges
Would you have liked to see Floyd face Margarito and Khan?

Gave you the like but a defeat here would be a crushing loss for him. Let's say he lost to Usyk at 190 then people wouldn't hold it against him.

huh? Why would losing to a wc at cruiser be crushing for him when yesterday the mere suggestion of fighting at cruiser was deemed ridiculous for most people. It won't hurt him at all unless he gets stopped.

Its a history making move. He pulls it off and hes a 5 Division Weight Champion.
Theres only been 5 of those in history.
Also make those other guys fight each other. People name about 7 guys theyd like Canelo to face and each one of them are fucking lingering around just waiting. How bout they fight each other.
Whether they fight each other or not you still want to beat all the best. Titles in weight classes is a Guinness type accomplishment. Beating every top fighter in your weight class will ensure your legacy. Getting names out of their weight class or out of their prime doesn't build a legacy like beating them at their best.

Kovalev was ranked #2 in the world at that weight at the time
Makabu is ranked #2 in the world at Cruiserweight. Both had world championships.
Its legit as it can get.
I'm pretty sure it can get more legit. {<shrug}

Meh,not a great fight but so long as he follows it up with someone tough, I don't have an issue.
Good to see you posting here. This is probably the topic you're most astute at. <HanaKimura02>

Its a history making fight.
He would join Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao on the list for fighters who won World Championships in 5 divisions.
I think thats a bigger achievement than beating Benavidez.
It's not a championship it's just a title. That's why Roy doesn't get full credit for beating Ruiz while Lennox was fighting.

Back