News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

Yes because fighting someone nobody has ever heard of who got knocked out by tony bellow is simply incredible!

At least its now finally obvious he is ducking Benavidez , as expected.

I used to make jokes about Canelo moving up to heavyweight and winning a title. They're not jokes anymore.

Also all you cans degrading canelo for moving up to cruiserweight DKSAB. Same thing Pacquiao and RJJ did but people lauded them for it.
Moving up to 200 God damn pounds is gangster shit no matter how you cut it.

As I recall, both RJJ and Pacquiao were roundly criticized for it. But I give Pacquiao a pass, because when Pacquiao moved up he stayed up. Apart from 154 where he went belt hunting there, but even the Margarito fight was for a vacant title. He didn't just try to snipe the worst guys and then run back down the way Canelo's doing.

And yet its still better than anything your boy Benavidez has done lmao

And yet Canelo is still ducking him! One positive now is at least your money is safe. Imao

I used to make jokes about Canelo moving up to heavyweight and winning a title. They're not jokes anymore.

Also all you cans degrading canelo for moving up to cruiserweight DKSAB. Same thing Pacquiao and RJJ did but people lauded them for it.
Moving up to 200 God damn pounds is gangster shit no matter how you cut it.

Naw. Pac should have fought Nate Campbell after he beat Diaz. I ain't forget shit.

Guy is doing incredible things and these boobs are going "He didnt fight my boogeyman of the week tho"
Fighting guys who actually can beat him is 'incredible'.

Carefully picking the weakest champion in the division to just snatch the title from him and then not fight again in the division is cherry picking.

This is the story of this guy's career. His resume looms good on paper. But then when you actually look into it you see the clear picture. The real picture.

There are at least 3 fighters in divisions under CW who actually can beat him and should get their shot.

But, Canelo is too busy 'doing incredible things' to actually fight a legitimate threat.

Carefully picking the weakest champion in the division to just snatch the title from him and then not fight again in the division is cherry picking.

This is the story of this guy's career. His resume looms good on paper. But then when you actually look into it you see the clear picture. The real picture.

There are at least 3 fighters in divisions under CW who actually can beat him and should get their shot.

But, Canelo is too busy 'doing incredible things' to actually fight a legitimate threat.
Beating three undefeated champions in 11 months is cherry picking. Good one

It's an intriguing fight, I'm surprised there are people here acting like it's a given that Canelo is going to win considering the big weight differential

Interesting move … a curveball that nobody was expecting… that takes PBC out of the equation… would this be the UK fight with Dazn that there was talk a few weeks ago.

Yes because fighting someone nobody has ever heard of who got knocked out by tony bellow is simply incredible!

At least its now finally obvious he is ducking Benavidez , as expected.
Tony Bellew was no joke, he is a big dude and took out an old David Haye, there was even talk of him fighting Anthony Joshua at one point.
Just shows you the scale of the jump Canelo is making.

It is when there are better fighters available.

You guys crack me up. You really don't see what Canelo and his team are doing? You really think what he's doing is chasing greatness? Lmfao
I see greatness. That's what I see.

And who are those fighters fighting besides lower level opposition as they wait for a Payday....

What's wrong with Makabu? He's 28-2 with an 89% KO rate. Both of his losses were stoppages/KOs but the last time he was finished was by Bellew more than 5 years ago. Makabu is definitely small for the weight but he's still a Cruiserweight titlist with some fairly respectable wins on his resume. Canelo is only a natural Middleweight so the jump to Cruiserweight is highly dangerous. Especially against a fighter who has a punch. It could be argued that cherrypicking, or being really selective, is actually necessary due to the huge size differential. It appears this will be a one-off fight for Canelo to grab another divisional title. I expect a rehydration clause to be in the contract. Hopefully it's reasonable and Makabu isn't drained/weakened any. However, he's small for the weight so I don't think it'll have much of an impact either way.

Back