News Canelo taking DAZN to court

Damn, the upkeep on Canelo's horses are that high?

f88e1640e2b09b4d9c3ad47da49e83a4.jpg
Horses, such noble & majestic creatures. Vai cavalo! (Portuguese for "Go horse")

lol @ the initial reactionary posts in this thread. DAZN is a joke offering DLH and Masvidal as "premium" opponents while writing off the best boxers. Fuck them.
The fact that anyone is tossing this on Canelo’s shoulders is mind boggling. The ginger has done some things to draw due criticism, but my god lol. People are delusional with their hate towards him.

The fact that anyone is tossing this on Canelo’s shoulders is mind boggling. The ginger has done some things to draw due criticism, but my god lol. People are delusional with their hate towards him.

Yeah, imagine your work contacting you and saying "as you are working from home, we are going to pay you half of what we normally would, we know you are doing the same job, but fuck the contract we agreed with you"....its the type of thing someone like Dana White would try and pull off...or DLH..or DAZN it seems

Yeah it's getting a bit much. They're acting as if Saul had inappropriately touched them in a previous life.

Are you intentionally ignoring they are laying off workers and not paying Their main star? Um that matters way more

Not what I asked but..... So are you saying Canelo shouldn't of signed that stuff???
This is exactly what I mean when I have been telling you for almost a half of year that you can't comment on a contract until you actually see the weird hangups like this. Or other deals with other parties associated
2% of their workforce not significant number right? well below average of what most firms are doing?

Deflecting again? I know how contracts work. I am saying there is a fairly big difference in the complexity of a contract which specifies opponents and is limited to 3 fights and a contract for 11 fights against unnamed opponents. Just because DAZN and canelo are having issues on agreeing fights it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have paid AJ/wilder

Canelo gonna bankrupt DAZN or DAZN gonna cite Force Majeure and exit the contract?

I’d rather watch him fight than follow this legal bullshit.
Yeah I agree.....all fans want to see him fight.

I am not sure they are only two outcomes could end up in compromise depends on what the actual contracts say

Last edited:
Speaking selfishly for a moment if Canelo goes on the shelf, which it looks like he will with the lawsuit, I don't mind. I'm not super excited to watch him fight any of the names on the list.

What I'm concerned about is the growth of Vergil Ortiz. King Ry and GBP don't get along and same goes for Canelo.

GBP better not f up Ortiz's career. That isn't someone I want to see sitting on the sides.

Speaking selfishly for a moment if Canelo goes on the shelf, which it looks like he will with the lawsuit, I don't mind. I'm not super excited to watch him fight any of the names on the list.

What I'm concerned about is the growth of Vergil Ortiz. King Ry and GBP don't get along and same goes for Canelo.

GBP better not f up Ortiz's career. That isn't someone I want to see sitting on the sides.

Yeah, Ortiz is the real deal IMO. His destruction of Herrera made me a believer. This guy can win and entertain a lot.

Yeah, Ortiz is the real deal IMO. His destruction of Herrera made me a believer. This guy can win and entertain a lot.

I'm sold on him too! Agree 100%. He does a lot of things you love to see from a 20 year old but the thing that sets him apart imo is his focus.

Lots to like about him and I really need to see his train continue to roll.

He's still 30 and hasn't shown any decline only improvement. I think can afford to take this year off, but next year have 2 fights.

2% of their workforce not significant number right? well below average of what most firms are doing?

Deflecting again? I know how contracts work. I am saying there is a fairly big difference in the complexity of a contract which specifies opponents and is limited to 3 fights and a contract for 11 fights against unnamed opponents. Just because DAZN and canelo are having issues on agreeing fights it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have paid AJ/wilder
They are in trouble. Don't be in denial. If your company started firing people and refusing to pay their top employees im sure you would be all analytical about how many people they fired vs other companies ...lol
You never saw the contract. Doesn matter if you are a contract expert. You can't say it was dumb to not sign itespecially seeing how they conduct buisness now.

lol @ the initial reactionary posts in this thread. DAZN is a joke offering DLH and Masvidal as "premium" opponents while writing off the best boxers. Fuck them.
Don't get upset, we all know its a numbers game.

Who is Kahn?
lol
Kahn's is a brand of meat that used to be made here. May still be. There was a slaughterhouse downtown and all that good stuff.

It isn't tainted with 'roids, and I meant Khan.

Hoping this doesn't shelve him for another year, but I doubt it will. Hopefully posturing. Surely after seeing that play out before he wouldn't do that.
That would suck if he got tied up for a couple years, though. Ugh.

DAZN out of their damn minds saying Kovalev, Smith and Saunders aren't premium opponents but a 47 year old retiree, and two MMA fighters are.

I'm here for DAZN burning to the ground

They are in trouble. Don't be in denial. If your company started firing people and refusing to pay their top employees im sure you would be all analytical about how many people they fired vs other companies
They not refusing to pay their top employees they are not signing off on the opponent canelo wants to fight for which they will need to pay him the broadcast rights for.

2% of employees being let go is not many given the current global circumstances and is hardly a sign they are in “trouble”

But agin twist the story make it about wilder to suit your narrative

DAZN out of their damn minds saying Kovalev, Smith and Saunders aren't premium opponents but a 47 year old retiree, and two MMA fighters are.

I'm here for DAZN burning to the ground
How do we know DAZN even said that....tweeted as “names thrown around” with no source

Back