News Canelo taking DAZN to court

I don’t know about that, ive always maintained that dazn and the whole over the top subscriptions wasnt going to jive with Mexican/Americans even if it meant to watch Canelo fight 3 times a year, in fact many of my family and friends who are Mexican either didnt subscribe or never knew what dazn was

For some reason these German executives thought Americans would rather pay for a new streaming platform than just stream for free. Watching fights in bars and through PPV's are time valued traditions while paying for DAZN, which people couldn't even pronounce half the time, was a hard sell. Looking back they should've put skin flicks and old-school World Cup matches in there.

200.gif

If Canelo is successful in this case where is the $280 Million going to come from? Nobody has that kind of money. It is a speculative amount based almost entirely on Canelo the cash cow.

For some reason these German executives thought Americans would rather pay for a new streaming platform than just stream for free. Watching fights in bars and through PPV's are time valued traditions while paying for DAZN, which people couldn't even pronounce half the time, was a hard sell. Looking back they should've put skin flicks and old-school World Cup matches in there.
Highly agree, if they really wanted to target the Mexican Americans they should have forked up the money by getting La Liga and La Liga MX games and promote Canelo future fights through there, but I’m no exec or know shit about programming, but right now soccer games are back on and dazn could have benefited from that in the us if they would have invested in Mexican soccer for the us subscribers.

Yup. Cherry picking shit opponents for his next fight, while DAZN lays off 1/50 of its employees, while Canelo feel no damage from the global pandemic.

Shitty human. But we know he is entitled. Who else fails two tests and then denies it, getting indignant when it is brough up? A shameless douchebag.

Ali said: "service to others is the rent you pay for your time here on earth."

While Ali was far from the paragon of nobility, I wish more poeple would live by those words.

lol, what? DAZN is owned by a multi-billionaire oligarch who is running a fairly risky play to become the leader in worldwide sports streaming. If his massively risky play doesn't pay off and DAZN isn't able to honour its contracts, that's on DAZN and their massively risky business model. Canelo is the one whose labour generates all the revenue, and he signed a contract which stipulates he's owed a certain amount. Imagine being a boxing fan and thinking this of all things makes Canelo a shitty human being. What a fucking bizarre take.

If Canelo is successful in this case where is the $280 Million going to come from? Nobody has that kind of money. It is a speculative amount based almost entirely on Canelo the cash cow.

Oscar's gotta fight for something now.

Flat-out greed vs abysmal business acumen. Let's get ready to rumble.

So we won't see the best boxer on earth in 2020. I blame both sides for this clusterfuck. Screw them all.

Last edited:
Hilarious.....i think the pandemic will be in DAZN favour though as there must be stipulations in the contract regarding ability for fights to be staged etc.

Hilarious.....i think the pandemic will be in DAZN favour though as there must be stipulations in the contract regarding ability for fights to be staged etc.

Nobody would have foreseen anything like COVID happening - or the ramifications of it - when DAZN drew up Canello's contract.

Man Wilder clearly made the wrong choice...He should of took DAZN's offer so he could of sit out for probably a year plus then have to take them to court just to get what is promised to him.

Lmao

Last edited:
You jealous little small bitches, they signed the Motherfucking contract so they better pay the flying fuck up, dazn aint some small baby mom and pop company struggling to come by, they're sycophants and for once they'll be FORCED to pay, not a single penny missing.
i am suspecting you guys are paid by dazn just know its not working and i and most people cant fucking wait for you guys to lose the lawsuit.

You jealous little small bitches, they signed the Motherfucking contract so they better pay the flying fuck up, dazn aint some small baby mom and pop company struggling to come by, they're sycophants and for once they'll be FORCED to pay, not a single penny missing.
i am suspecting you guys are paid by dazn just know its not working and i and most people cant fucking wait for you guys to lose the lawsuit.
you think the people who criticise canelo are paid by DAZN? lol.

and for the record, i think they're all idiots. there's a huge demand for sporting events, so streaming services actually producing quality content should be flourishing right now. canelo is getting paid out the ass and would rather sit out his best years than take a pay cut during a pandemic.

it's morons all around and nobody will win here.

Nobody would have foreseen anything like COVID happening - or the ramifications of it - when DAZN drew up Canello's contract.
I would have thought contracts would have boiler print clauses around natural disasters pandemics impossibility to stage fights. It would be in the small print and prob not really looked at as unlikely to ever happen....

Man Wilder clearly made the wrong choice...He should of took DAZN's offer so he could of sit out then have to take thwm

it’s always about the former hw champ for you isn’t it!

Your post is so relevant because DAZN are clearly not paying any of their fighters right?

Does this mean he’ll be tied up in court for the next 2 years? There goes the remainder of his prime.

Back