Canelo Rips De La Hoya: You Can See There's No Loyalty in Him!

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-rips-de-la-hoya-you-see-theres-no-loyalty-him--143834

What got lost in the shuffle last week, is when Canelo Promotions, headed by Reynoso, signed Julio Cesar Martinez to rival promoter Eddie Hearn instead of Golden Boy.

“It is a pleasure to start this alliance with the best promoter in boxing,” said Eddy Reynoso, Sport and Talent director at Canelo Promotions. “We will work very hard and with great enthusiasm to launch Mexican talents to the big boxing leagues!"

18j4uohqogir0jpg.jpg

Looks like a loyal dude to me.

And what happened between Canelo and Tuto Zabala again?

I feel like Oscar DLH dedicated these past 9 years doing a good job promoting Canelo.

For me the jury’s out on this one

Probably some truth to what he's saying but it sounds like it's coming from the wrong guy at this point in time.

Hard to see how Canelo can complain of mistreatment, I expect he will expand on it at some stage.

Canelo should not pass judgement on anyone. He's a proven cheater.

Well I know "loyalty" isn't code for a whisk b/c Oscar seems to always have that in him.

So if Canelo changes promoters, where’s his loyalty at? It’s business, not a domestic partnership

I love Canelo in the ring, but he says some stupid shit.

I've heard it often enough from journalists that Canelo can be very difficult to deal with. When the fighter gets to a certain point, he feels he "knowe better" than his promoter, and that's why so many break off and form their own promotional company. Most suck. A few rise above the murk. GBP has been tremendously successful, and if not for Haymon's poaching of large chunks of the Golden Boy roster years ago, it would be the biggest boxing promotion.

Canelo is stuck with De La Hoya till this big DAZN deal ends or if he can manage to buy himself out of the contract.

Not hard to imagine both Canelo and Oscar being difficult to deal with honestly.

Pre fight hype, seems like theres always beef between them right before a big fight

And what happened between Canelo and Tuto Zabala again?

I feel like Oscar DLH dedicated these past 9 years doing a good job promoting Canelo.

For me the jury’s out on this one

Imo that’s the sport.

Zabala wouldn’t be wrong about Saul, and Sauls not wrong about DLH. Oscars #1 priority is making money, and caring about Canelo is only a means to that end. He’s a business man, through and through.

I think ODL and Canelo have more in common that Saul wants to admit though. In 10 or 20 years I suspect I’ll say the same things about Canelo as I say about Oscar now.

In 10 or 20 years I suspect I’ll say the same things about Canelo as I say about Oscar now.
i'm no fan of the ginger, but i have a hard time seeing him turn into an attention seeking cokehead.

could be wrong, though. we'll see.

Not hard to imagine both Canelo and Oscar being difficult to deal with honestly.
Oscar is a scumbag. It is known.

Canelo...i honestly don't know. Never ran into a fella who dealt with him

I hate when fighters talk about loyalty, it's not the army.

De la Hoya is a joke. He should go back to just keeping his mouth shut and being a figure head. Whenever he talks, he hurts himself and his company.

How can ANYONE question Canelo's loyalty? Horses are smarter than we y'all give them credit for, and are very loyal beasts. And they do not let people ride them unless they in turn can sense the riders loyalty and pure heart. It is a symbiotic relationship, based on loyalty.

Meanwhile, Oscar has a symbiotic relationship with prostitutes, who are not loyal.

So y'all look long and hard at these pictures, before y'all get on your high horses

53d6b283915047f4695687cff212b4dc.jpg

D7C2zBwUwAAFD-L.jpg

d95f3ef158971f5781e2a6d8d66bd987.jpg

nintchdbpict000371541021.jpg

gQdSI6k.jpg

saul-8.png

I thought it was strange when I heard it. Now that I see it’s about competing for a fighter promotionally it makes sense. Boxing is a weird sport with a lot of intersecting individual roles and a conflict like this could easily happen. Though I can’t say I remember it happening much before

Back