Canelo: No GGG Trilogy

Not necessarily. It's at a higher weight class that GGG never dared to enter.
Warren said DAZN were in a corner, needing a big fight to balance the end of year books. So Canelo's arm was twisted.
I like the fight and take nothing from the Mexican for this one.

Being dead certain is about as far from a subjective statement one can make and even if you didn't mean it that way, you can clearly see the contradiction in what you are saying. A fight can't be close and considered a robbery... yet you can be dead certain of who the victor was in a close fight? Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Errr... nope. You can be both certain of a thing and know it’s subjective by essence, hence others will think otherwise.

I’m pretty damn sure Jacobs beat GGG, but the official result is fine and there’s no way I’d call it a robbery.

See : Growing up.

Last edited:
Errr... nope. You can be both certain of a thing and know it’s subjective by essence and others will think otherwise.

See : maturity.

You're just playing with words without giving much thought into my original argument. Sure any fight that has ever gone the distance can be subjective to a small percentage of fans who are blindsided by whatever reason, but what isn't subjective is that the vast public opinion is that GGG should have won the first and won or at least drawn the second. So if you are in the minority that disagrees; you are exactly that and unfortunately that's how it will be remembered unless there is a third fight.

I watch more carefully than most. I know when I see a fighter slipping. If you begin charting it where you indicated, you are mistaken.
I sort of bet you noticed it around the time the first Canelo fight was signed.

Errr... nope. You can be both certain of a thing and know it’s subjective by essence, hence others will think otherwise.

I’m pretty damn sure Jacobs beat GGG, but the official result is fine and there’s no way I’d call it a robbery.

See : Growing up.
But press row! But polls! Majority...gasp... corruption.....

You're just playing with words without giving much thought into my original argument. Sure any fight that has ever gone the distance can be subjective to a small percentage of fans who are blindsided by whatever reason, but what isn't subjective is that the vast public opinion is that GGG should have won the first and won or at least drawn the second. So if you are in the minority that disagrees; you are exactly that and unfortunately that's how it will be remembered unless there is a third fight.

I don’t know how things will be remembered.

On the other hand, I know the first fight is a draw and the second a Canelo win. I know both fights are close according to the rules of boxing, hence not robberies. I know scoring is subjective by essence. I know judges decide what’s the official score of a fight, and public opinion does not. I know public opinion isn’t always right and may change over time. I know people aren’t all well aware of how scoring is properly done in boxing. I know people love punchers and they are usually more vocal when things don’t go their way.

To address your last point, I also know the trend doesn’t look good for GGG and he’ll be 38 and fight prime Canelo if a third bout happens.

Last edited:
I watch more carefully than most. I know when I see a fighter slipping. If you begin charting it where you indicated, you are mistaken.
Got any posts that support it? Whod you pick to win the first go around, and how?

I ask because it seems like most people expected Golovkin to beat Canelo’s ass the first go around. It was pretty wide. And I really dont recall much of anyone claiming he had faded.

I never saw too much complaint about the 2nd fight being a Canelo win. Even fanboys accepted I just saw crybabies cling to the first fight, complaining poor GGG had to rematch and take a loss because he had been unjustly robbed in the first fight. Look, GGG LOST, get over it. He couldn't get the job done in the first fight, neither could Canelo. That leaves the 2nd fight. Doesn't matter what side your on, only one guy took a decisive W in the series so far, and it wasnt GGG. He honestly took a beating in the 2nd fight. Gotta be blind to not see how Canelo had that man's head snapping all over the place, and dumb at math to not be able to count the number of years Canelo probably shaved off his life. GGG is tough and game as hell. Testament to him that he didnt get stopped or even get KD. But he got beat, badly I might add, right in the center of the ring in his own kind of fight.

Jesus, at least we dont hear about the Ward/Kova fights anymore. Those guys were massive crybabies too

Got any posts that support it? Whod you pick to win the first go around, and how?

I ask because it seems like most people expected Golovkin to beat Canelo’s ass the first go around. It was pretty wide. And I really dont recall much of anyone claiming he had faded.

What was pretty wide?

Also, I saw it happen after Brook. Started paying attention to my hunch after that.

What was pretty wide?

Also, I saw it happen after Brook. Started paying attention to my hunch after that.
People picking Golovkin to whoop Canelo.

I’m pretty fair about boxing decisions as unlike many here I don’t have favorites so you can always trust on me being nutthug free.

so I can very honestly admit that while it was close, canelo beat Lara, he beat cotto although not as easy as the judges thought, I believe in his prime and with a smarter game plan he could have beaten Floyd (he was too young and tries to outbox Floyd)

so when I say that GGG won both fights I say it because that’s what me and most of the people that saw the fight with me thought as well. I like canelo but in my mind the one fight he needs more than anything is a real victory over GGG or he will never be respected as a real champ. Most of México thinks he’s a marketing clown anyway.

I think he is tremendously skilled and very smart but I cannot simply accept that he doesn’t feel GGG offers a challenge anymore. What... fielding did? Punchy Kovalev does? Fuck off

@Seano?
<BC1>
I still haven't hit the others, but that would be an interesting one. Not sure if youtube available, though.
Sort of thinking about Gatti/Ward 1, actually.

I don’t know how things will be remembered.

On the other hand, I know the first fight is a draw and the second a Canelo win. I know both fights are close according to the rules of boxing, hence not robberies. I know scoring is subjective by essence. I know judges decide what’s the official score of a fight, and public opinion does not. I know public opinion isn’t always right and may change over time. I know people aren’t all well aware of how scoring is properly done in boxing. I know people love punchers and they are usually more vocal when things don’t go their way.

To address your last point, I also know the trend doesn’t look good for GGG and he’ll be 38 and fight prime Canelo if a third bout happens.

I personally don't care for the third fight all that much as I think Canelo will dominate and GGG is on the way out, I'm much more intrigued for the Kov fight and fresh match-ups. I was just pointing out, that over time if Canelo wants to sway the opinion on how the rivalry went, beating GGG decisively in the third fight would go a long way; like you said public opinion can change over time and this the most likely way to do it.

I never saw too much complaint about the 2nd fight being a Canelo win. Even fanboys accepted I just saw crybabies cling to the first fight, complaining poor GGG had to rematch and take a loss because he had been unjustly robbed in the first fight. Look, GGG LOST, get over it. He couldn't get the job done in the first fight, neither could Canelo. That leaves the 2nd fight. Doesn't matter what side your on, only one guy took a decisive W in the series so far, and it wasnt GGG. He honestly took a beating in the 2nd fight. Gotta be blind to not see how Canelo had that man's head snapping all over the place, and dumb at math to not be able to count the number of years Canelo probably shaved off his life. GGG is tough and game as hell. Testament to him that he didnt get stopped or even get KD. But he got beat, badly I might add, right in the center of the ring in his own kind of fight.

Jesus, at least we dont hear about the Ward/Kova fights anymore. Those guys were massive crybabies too

Canelo is my favourite active fighter (joint with Pac and maybe Wilder) so I don't need to get over anything, I think he would dominate the third fight. I also thought Kov should have won the first Ward fight not because I prefer Kov over Ward but because I'm trying to be impartial and saw it that way.

Well, thats not topical. Have you done GGG/Canelo 1? Be interesting to see how @Hagler engineers a Canelo win.

I scored it 7-5 GGG live. A draw is clearly possible giving Alvarez rounds 1, 2, 10, 11 and 12, plus another one among the remaining 7 (3, for instance, if I remember well).

Back