Canelo GGG trilogy 9/12

Who wins?

• Total voters
Well Andy Ruiz said that they would wrestle for fun in the gym and that Golovkin would even lift him over his head.

Also this here didn't go well for heavyweight Malik Scott:

Seems like he knows a little wrestling.

I wouldn't doubt that he's strong as fuck in core strength....honestly not surprising.

He's got a build that probably could have done well in mma with the right skill foundation

Oh, crap.

Golovkin comes in all beefed up, scores an early KD, and gets his ass handed to him until he lands one hell of a one-punch KO.
VeZpq4.gif

Needs Heredia

Were really debating who would win in a street fight lol.

Were really debating who would win in a street fight lol.
You got any real boxing to talk about right now? Because i don't....

ppv buys, just anything you'd measure a star by, you know your sports enough

And Oscar had that homegrown following plus was huge in America....

My memory tells me Oscar was more famous than Floyd the night they fought....whether that's true i guess we'd have to do a bit of a look back but I'm pretty sure that was the case
Oscar was more mainstream. Yes I agree. Floyd brought back a Huge segment of the African American and hip hop generation back to the sport. Then he gained the mainstream following and trend jumpers after he beat Oscar. Especially with all the casual sports fan coverage the fight got from the vanilla sports outlets.

Oscar was more mainstream. Yes I agree. Floyd brought back a Huge segment of the African American and hip hop generation back to the sport. Then he gained the mainstream following and trend jumpers after he beat Oscar. Especially with all the casual sports fan coverage the fight got from the vanilla sports outlets.
That's exactly how i remember it too...the Oscar fight was what truly made him a star

1. GGG is not big for MW
2. LOL at Caleno being a "smaller guy"
3. Why would GGG duck a Kovalev when he would destroy or drop him when they trained together? Per their former mutual trainer who has sour grapes against both of them.

Canelo has fought at 140...just because he bulked up doesn't he's naturally bigger.

Not to mention GGG has a longer reach and is taller. The only thing naturally bigger about Canelo is his balls.

Canelo has fought at 140...just because he bulked up doesn't he's naturally bigger.

Not to mention GGG has a longer reach and is taller. The only thing naturally bigger about Canelo is his balls.
Canelo was a boy prodigy who grew....
That's what happens to most young men, they grow.
Canelo Is not small for middleweight and is thicker than GGG.
Not really interested In talking about male genitals or fighter bashing on Sherdog.

Your thoughts on Canelo vs Khan???? How was that different than GGG vs Kell
Noticed you didnt touch the Kovalev point.

It was also a business decision because getting your ass beaten is bad for your brand.

He never turned down the fight. Golovkin talked a bunch of shit about fighting anyone to 168, Ward responded that he was in multiple times on multiple platforms, and Golovkin avoided him entirely. This is a fact.
I'm pretty sure the only FACT was that they both had a meeting with HBO together and Ward said no, when weight wasnt even discussed around 2013

That's exactly how i remember it too...the Oscar fight was what truly made him a star
I would say he was already a "sports star" and considered the P4P king.
But that fight made him a mainstream household name Superstar. An A list celebrity

I would say he was already a "sports star" and considered the P4P king.
But that fight made him a mainstream household name Superstar. An A list celebrity
He was #1 p4p to be sure

I'm pretty sure the only FACT was that they both had a meeting with HBO together and Ward said no, when weight wasnt even discussed around 2013
This is absolute bullshit. They met when Ward was recovering from a shoulder surgery then did everything possible to talk big game and duck him.

Canelo was a boy prodigy who grew....
That's what happens to most young men, they grow.
Canelo Is not small for middleweight and is thicker than GGG.
Not really interested In talking about male genitals or fighter bashing on Sherdog.

Your thoughts on Canelo vs Khan???? How was that different than GGG vs Kell
Noticed you didnt touch the Kovalev point.

Don't get your point about GGG dropping Kovalev...that only proves that GGG could move up in weight and challenge himself. The Khan fight was dumb but the risks Canelo has taken and his overall resume are 10 times more impressive that GGG's. Triple G's entire career is fighting cans and smaller fighters.

Don't get your point about GGG dropping Kovalev...that only proves that GGG could move up in weight and challenge himself. The Khan fight was dumb but the risks Canelo has taken and his overall resume are 10 times more impressive that GGG's. Triple G's entire career is fighting cans and smaller fighters.
The point is GGG did not duck Kovalev.
He had a legitimate meaningful goal to unify a great historic division.
Instead of obtaining that goal he now has the opportunity to fight an all time great fighter 3 different times for a ton more money than he could of moving up.
So staying at that weight makes some sense.
Also, let's try not to ignore Canelo stopped Kovalev. Typically you dont duck somebody to fight a guy who destroyed him.

This is absolute bullshit. They met when Ward was recovering from a shoulder surgery then did everything possible to talk big game and duck him.
You're right he just decided to face Edwin Rodriguez and forego the biggest payday of his career then while skipping out an entire year next year. The details of when it could've happened are inconsequential. He could've agreed to a interim bout, like EVERYONE, before the fight but he didn't want that smoke.

You're right he just decided to face Edwin Rodriguez and forego the biggest payday of his career then while skipping out an entire year next year. The details of when it could've happened are inconsequential. He could've agreed to a interim bout, like EVERYONE, before the fight but he didn't want that smoke.
Must be why Ward went on to fight bigger and more dangerous opponents. Terrified of GGG.

Must be why GGG openly said no over and over for years after Ward had a shoulder again.

The point is GGG did not duck Kovalev.
He had a legitimate meaningful goal to unify a great historic division.
Instead of obtaining that goal he now has the opportunity to fight an all time great fighter 3 different times for a ton more money than he could of moving up.
So staying at that weight makes some sense.
Also, let's try not to ignore Canelo stopped Kovalev. Typically you dont duck somebody to fight a guy who destroyed him.

I'm not talking about just Kovalev...I'm talking about avoiding Ward and the host of better fighters he could have been fighting at 168 and 175 instead of smaller guys and cans at 160.

Back