Canelo-GGG deal was agreed on for weeks until GGG changed terms

Yeah, because if you can't trust a Golden Boy Promotions employee, who can you trust?

Even in his version of the story, there was no deal. A deal is a deal when you sign a contract. If a contract was signed, this would not be a story.
A deal on presumption. Why hold the contract for weeks AFTER they conceded to the demands.
Canelo sends contract, GGG sends back his demands. Canelo agrees and sends it back. GGG holds on to it for a few weeks leading Canelo to believe it's on. Then they send back 50/50.
Blame falls on GGGs team.
They don't deserve 50/50 and they know it

You always overestimate your value in the beginning of negotiations.

The fight was signed before Canelo got popped for Clenbuterol as I recall.....there should be a punishment connected with that.

A deal on presumption. Why hold the contract for weeks AFTER they conceded to the demands.
Canelo sends contract, GGG sends back his demands. Canelo agrees and sends it back. GGG holds on to it for a few weeks leading Canelo to believe it's on. Then they send back 50/50.
Blame falls on GGGs team.
They don't deserve 50/50 and they know it

A deal on presumption is not a deal. Honestly, that just sounds a bit naive if they thought they had a deal without actually having any signed agreement in place.

GGG should not stick to the 50/50 thing, that is too much. But he is not wrong to protest the 65/35 Canelo is offering, considering the circumstances. If he ends up with 60/40, that extra 5% will be a significant chunk of change.

A deal on presumption is not a deal. Honestly, that just sounds a bit naive if they thought they had a deal without actually having any signed agreement in place.

GGG should not stick to the 50/50 thing, that is too much. But he is not wrong to protest the 65/35 Canelo is offering, considering the circumstances. If he ends up with 60/40, that extra 5% will be a significant chunk of change.
It isn't naive at all. If I told you I wanted this, and sent u a contract and you said, ok but we want this. And I agree and send it back and you send nothing for 3 weeks? I'd assume it was a deal or you're up to something.

It isn't naive at all. If I told you I wanted this, and sent u a contract and you said, ok but we want this. And I agree and send it back and you send nothing for 3 weeks? I'd assume it was a deal or you're up to something.

You'd assume you have a deal without any paperwork and no communication for 3 weeks? That 3 week silence would be a good sign to you?

You'd assume you have a deal without any paperwork and no communication for 3 weeks? That 3 week silence would be a good sign to you?
It would be a sign of a person who is trying to duck a fight.
GGG says "I want this..." Canelo says "Ok" then GGG goes 3 weeks and goes "I want this as well"
Whether you work for the entertainment industry or whether you sell drugs, a move like that is someone who's full of shit and trying to fuck something over

what's with this horseshit of golovking ducking canelo?

what on earth would be his motivation?

GGG says "I want this..." Canelo says "Ok" then GGG goes 3 weeks and goes "I want this as well"
Whether you work for the entertainment industry or whether you sell drugs, a move like that is someone who's full of shit and trying to fuck something over
Took Canelo over 4 weeks to enroll in VADA after he said he would immediately following his suspension hearing. Who is worse? The cheater cycling off or the person who waits until the cheater enrolls in drug test to come back to the table for discussions?

Took Canelo over 4 weeks to enroll in VADA after he said he would immediately following his suspension hearing. Who is worse? The cheater cycling off or the person who waits until the cheater enrolls in drug test to come back to the table for discussions?
Contract was after all that and had nothing to do with that. Read the article moron.
Everyone knows Canelos clean. Hair test showed that

Why on earth would GGG duck a fight with Canelo?

Why on earth would GGG duck a fight with Canelo?

I don't know what Golovkin's demands are exactly, and I certainly don't trust GBP's side of the story without any corroboration, but it's not impossible that him and his team could be pricing themselves out of this (if they draw the line at 50/50, they certainly are pricing themselves out). That doesn't mean he's scared or anything of that sort, just that him and his team have an inflated idea of how much they deserve.

They also probably overestimate their options outside of Canelo. I think Canelo would target Saunders and get that fight due to how much more money Canelo brings to the table, and Saunders seems to be the fight that at least some of Golovkin's team and a somewhat shocking amount of his fans want. I don't think Golovkin's team is crazy about a rematch with Jacobs at this point in his career.

Contract was after all that and had nothing to do with that. Read the article moron.
Everyone knows Canelos clean. Hair test showed that
There wasn't even a contract, there were pre-agreed upon terms but as long as nothing is signed then there is no contract. It's just negotiations until that happens. I do believe that Canelo taking his sweet time to enroll in drug testing and the punishment that was handed down to him did have an affect on GGG and the terms he wanted. Also how was it after all that when he got the supposed contract in April during or before the time in which Canelo wasn't enrolled in VADA? Canelo didn't enroll until May 16th, he was formally suspended April 18th.

oh btw, that hair test isn't even accepted across the board in drug testing organizations because something as simple as the color of your hair can affect a test result and the lighter the hair it may be possible to wash out any chemicals found in the hair. Canelo failed not 1 but 2 tests and that's on record.

I don't know what Golovkin's demands are exactly, and I certainly don't trust GBP's side of the story without any corroboration, but it's not impossible that him and his team could be pricing themselves out of this (if they draw the line at 50/50, they certainly are pricing themselves out). That doesn't mean he's scared or anything of that sort, just that him and his team have an inflated idea of how much they deserve.

They also probably overestimate their options outside of Canelo. I think Canelo would target Saunders and get that fight due to how much more money Canelo brings to the table, and Saunders seems to be the fight that at least some of Golovkin's team and a somewhat shocking amount of his fans want. I don't think Golovkin's team is crazy about a rematch with Jacobs at this point in his career.

I think that drawing a hard line at 50-50 would be pricing himself out. But there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that GGG has any interest and ducking Canelo. Ducking sort of implies a level of fear, which is just a goofy thing to assert.

Golovkin is surrounded by sharks. His mandatories are tough fights. Canelo is a tough fight. Jacobs is a tough fight- I think this is Golovkins last year as an undefeated fighter.

Golovkin is surrounded by sharks. His mandatories are tough fights. Canelo is a tough fight. Jacobs is a tough fight- I think this is Golovkins last year as an undefeated fighter.

and all those sharks bring a pittance of what he gets fighting ped-free canelo.

Never assume.

lmao, this is the type of person who believes in mexican clenbuterol meat

Back