Canelo GGG 2 24/7

Canelo haters when Canelo boxes and uses defense: "Man look, he's scared, running like a bitch! He won't stand and fight GGG!!"

Canelo haters tonight after Canelo backs GGG up for most of the fight and bangs the body: ".....I'm sayin...that jab tho!!"

Canelo was incredible tonight. But he *was* getting hit with alot of jabs, at times almost at will, it seemed.

Canelo was incredible tonight. But he *was* getting hit with alot of jabs, at times almost at will, it seemed.
Very close fight, GGG slightly edged it in my view. Hard fight to score.

Why hard? GGG has thrown twice more punches and has.landed twice more too ...

There's landing punches, then there's landing solid clean punches which GGG rarely did until late in the fight. Canelo's punches landed clean and stopped GGG in his tracks or forced him to back off whereas most of GGG's were partially blocked or evaded and didn't have much effect. Listening to the commentators fellate GGG was literally eye rolling.

It was a very close fight at the highest level. The worst fans on either side, will feel that their hero got robbed.

It was very close. Personally i feel that canelo edged it. But it was very close.

Thats also why canelo got so happy when he got the win.

Both fighters knew how close it was.

My 2 cents:

who did I want to win? canelo

who do I think won? GGG

It was a very close fight and tough to judge for sure. I would think the most approrpiate result would have been another draw, this fight being more of a draw then the first one IMO, canelo doing better this fight than the last. If not a draw, I think the it should have been given to GGG. I wanted Canelo to win but he did not, at best it was a draw, at worst GGG very slightly edged him.

My wild guess at the shitty scoring would be. More cash for the inside betters, more money to by having a part 3, and more controversy to sell for the 3rd fight. Its all about making money, they now got the whole world talking about it, so there can be a part 3. Why sell you something once when I can do it x 3.

Samart talked about this same kinda BS going on in thailand as well. It seems the only one left thats judged fairly is MMA.

I don't know what fight you guys where watching. I had it 9 to 3 canelo. He touched up ggg all night with counters.

Jabs mean jack if you are eating 6 or 7 rights per round that would ko the hulk.

Compu-box is unreliable. I watched it with no sound and I dont think Golovkin actually landed twice as many.

My 2 cents:

who did I want to win? canelo

who do I think won? GGG

It was a very close fight and tough to judge for sure. I would think the most approrpiate result would have been another draw, this fight being more of a draw then the first one IMO, canelo doing better this fight than the last. If not a draw, I think the it should have been given to GGG. I wanted Canelo to win but he did not, at best it was a draw, at worst GGG very slightly edged him.

My wild guess at the shitty scoring would be. More cash for the inside betters, more money to by having a part 3, and more controversy to sell for the 3rd fight. Its all about making money, they now got the whole world talking about it, so there can be a part 3. Why sell you something once when I can do it x 3.

Samart talked about this same kinda BS going on in thailand as well. It seems the only one left thats judged fairly is MMA.

Uh, 1 point on 2 cards is shitty scoring to you? LOL

I like you and all but what's worse for boxing than actual shitty scoring is fans who bitch about shitty scoring in a very evenly-scored fight because it wasn't the outcome they thought should have happened. It was a majority decision for fuck's sake.

Also, this has nothing to do with Canelo's status as a draw. He already has a loss and two draws and he brings in MORE money now than before. Right now there's not even a reason for HIM to sign to a 3rd fight. He can say he's proven Golovkin isn't better than him and move on with his life. Leaving a 37 year-old GGG to pick up his pieces. If he signs another fight, he's being generous at giving Golovkin a other bite at a 7-figure apple.

You cannot say it was close enough to be scored a draw, and that one guy maybe edged it, then talk conspiracy theories. The score was fair.

I like you and all but what's worse for boxing than actual shitty scoring is fans who bitch about shitty scoring in a very evenly-scored fight because it wasn't the outcome they thought should have happened. It was a majority decision for fuck's sake.

Also, this has nothing to do with Canelo's status as a draw. He already has a loss and two draws and he brings in MORE money now than before. Right now there's not even a reason for HIM to sign to a 3rd fight. He can say he's proven Golovkin isn't better than him and move on with his life. Leaving a 37 year-old GGG to pick up his pieces. If he signs another fight, he's being generous at giving Golovkin a other bite at a 7-figure apple.

You cannot say it was close enough to be scored a draw, and that one guy maybe edged it, then talk conspiracy theories. The score was fair.
Do you think Canelo will take the 3rd fight? That was definitely the impression he gave after the fight. I think he might do it.

I've been on the Canelo train for some time now, since the Josesito Lopez fight and this combination (which is still beautiful to watch):

It's really awesome to see that Canelo is still improving. He keeps getting better, slowly but surely. The way he faked that wide lead hand (he tends to throw very wide sometimes) to the body and turned it into a sharp and tight hook upstairs that caught GGG clean was brilliant. He is getting better at mixing wide shots and sharp ones, making him even harder to read, and he always had good feints when he wanted to to set them up. Some real slick defense too, unfortunately more so when he only focuses on it, and that mexican headroll he does I mean, the reflexes you have to have to get away with it... crazy.

GGG looked really good too. Such a heavy puncher and the jab is so hard to deal with. His timing and rhythm breaks make it almost impossible to predict when the punch is coming. Popped Canelos head back constantly during the latter part of the fight. Used some good angles as well when he needed to and pretty much dictated when he had space to do so.

Really fun fight to watch.

Compu-box is unreliable. I watched it with no sound and I dont think Golovkin actually landed twice as many.

Still do you think he landed more?
If he lands more both fights how come he does not win even one?

Sure good punches matter, but do not tell me GGG did not throw good punches too. He threw many more punches which landed and at least as many as Canelos good punches.

Sure good punches matter, but do not tell me GGG did not throw good punches too. He threw many more punches which landed and at least as many as Canelos good punches.
It's hard to score because several things matter in scoring. Significant strikes, ring control, aggressions, defense, so on. I had GGG winning slightly as well, but it was a very close fight. You can't use the compu-box numbers alone, because they don't tell the whole story.

I think they landed about even, AND Canelo bullied GGG. That's what did it for me. And in the first part of the fight, nearly 7 full rounds, he was eating GGG's heart. Never has that guy seemed that discouraged and bamboozled.

"We're losing out there." - Abel Sanchez

no worries man we all have our own points of view. I would have given it to GGG slightly. However I could see a draw as reasonable as well. I do not feel that Canelo won, despite me personally wanting to see him win. It just didnt happen in my eyes. At best it was a draw, at worst he just slightly lost. Im leaving space for wiggle room in differences of opinion with those 2 comparisons, but I would disagree with him slightly edging a win over GGG. He did better this time around for sure, and I felt he had a good chance at winning the fight, which he "did". But I didnt see him winning in my eyes.

In regards to a 3rd fight he could do as you said, but money is a driving factor so Im sure there will be a 3rd, why not make a ton more money while you can before retiring.

But all that aside, I dont agree with 1 draw 1 win as proving himself better than GGG. we need a best 2 outta 3, if he wins the next I will say he has proven hes the better boxer, if he looses the next, we need a part 4! lol.

Differences of opinion on the fight aside, what is your thought on the chances of a part 3 happening?

I'll stick my neck out and say we are getting a part 3 for sure.

Do you think Canelo will take the 3rd fight? That was definitely the impression he gave after the fight. I think he might do it.

I've been on the Canelo train for some time now, since the Josesito Lopez fight and this combination (which is still beautiful to watch):

It's really awesome to see that Canelo is still improving. He keeps getting better, slowly but surely. The way he faked that wide lead hand (he tends to throw very wide sometimes) to the body and turned it into a sharp and tight hook upstairs that caught GGG clean was brilliant. He is getting better at mixing wide shots and sharp ones, making him even harder to read, and he always had good feints when he wanted to to set them up. Some real slick defense too, unfortunately more so when he only focuses on it, and that mexican headroll he does I mean, the reflexes you have to have to get away with it... crazy.

GGG looked really good too. Such a heavy puncher and the jab is so hard to deal with. His timing and rhythm breaks make it almost impossible to predict when the punch is coming. Popped Canelos head back constantly during the latter part of the fight. Used some good angles as well when he needed to and pretty much dictated when he had space to do so.

Really fun fight to watch.

I said Canelo was special since before he fought Floyd. Despite the critics and people who think he should fire the Reynosos, he keeps doing shit people think he can't.

Golovkin is a Hell of a fighter. Difficult to put a winning fight together against. But he's not the monster his fans think he is and they just can't handle that.

no worries man we all have our own points of view. I would have given it to GGG slightly. However I could see a draw as reasonable as well. I do not feel that Canelo won, despite me personally wanting to see him win. It just didnt happen in my eyes. At best it was a draw, at worst he just slightly lost. Im leaving space for wiggle room in differences of opinion with those 2 comparisons, but I would disagree with him slightly edging a win over GGG. He did better this time around for sure, and I felt he had a good chance at winning the fight, which he "did". But I didnt see him winning in my eyes.

In regards to a 3rd fight he could do as you said, but money is a driving factor so Im sure there will be a 3rd, why not make a ton more money while you can before retiring.

But all that aside, I dont agree with 1 draw 1 win as proving himself better than GGG. we need a best 2 outta 3, if he wins the next I will say he has proven hes the better boxer, if he looses the next, we need a part 4! lol.

Differences of opinion on the fight aside, what is your thought on the chances of a part 3 happening?

I'll stick my neck out and say we are getting a part 3 for sure.

I just object to the implication that a 1-point win is a conspiracy. The conspiracy doesnt favor Golovkin for a rematch.

And I didn't say he proved he's better. I said he demonstrated, on paper, that Golovkin is NOT better than him. There's a difference. As it stands right this second, he doesn't need GGG, GGG needs him. There's nothing else but to fight some young bucks he's already shown no real interest in fighting.

Canelo will likely go for a 3rd. But that's not good for Golovkin. He's not the one improving in each fight.

I just object to the implication that a 1-point win is a conspiracy. The conspiracy doesnt favor Golovkin for a rematch.

And I didn't say he proved he's better. I said he demonstrated, on paper, that Golovkin is NOT better than him. There's a difference. As it stands right this second, he doesn't need GGG, GGG needs him. There's nothing else but to fight some young bucks he's already shown no real interest in fighting.

Canelo will likely go for a 3rd. But that's not good for Golovkin. He's not the one improving in each fight.

yeah i agree with that, i dont recall exactly how the fight was just scored, just that Canelo won and I didnt agree with it. I wanted him to win, I just would like to see it done more convincingly.

yeah i agree with that, i dont recall exactly how the fight was just scored, just that Canelo won and I didnt agree with it. I wanted him to win, I just would like to see it done more convincingly.

115-113 on two cards, 114-114 on the 3rd

The beauty and frustration of boxing scoring, that other people saw a conmpletely different fight than the one you did. What a classic this one was, people will be arguing it for a long time.

Me, I think it was even more of a draw than the first fight, but have no problem with Canelo getting the nod. However there's that lingering rotten smell with Canelo's fights that go to the cards because of his history of getting wacky scores in his favour. Not saying it happened tonight because he absabsolutely earned that W...
But still.

Last edited:
Some of y'all act like DLH has so much pull, I point you to his fight with Trinidad. Just take a look-see.

Back