Canelo GGG 2 24/7

While I agree that sin is biased when it comes to canelo his biased has led to to the " right" answer.

Fight was close. I judge based on clean effective punching and canelo led in that field. If you want to judge on aggressiveness then obviously you will score the fight for ggg.

A draw fine with I am * Yoda voice*
I guess most of us ate uneducated on boxing judging. I brought McCallum to the.discussion mainly because of his fight with Roy Jones jr. It was very similar to the one between Canelo and Golovkin excluding the.knock down at the 10th. Golovkin and McCallum dictating the pace and where the.fight will happen while Canelo and Roy Jones countering, yet struggling greatly to show off their skillset.

From my perspective both McCallum and Golovkin won their fights (McCallum perhaps lost due to that KD) but both were close fights with the passive fighter winning.

So perhaps the general fan is not really awared of scorring.

^the guy moving forward isn't actually always the guy dictating where the fight happens though. This is just a thing most people score for guys like Floyd but refuse to score for Canelo.

I guess most of us ate uneducated on boxing judging. I brought McCallum to the.discussion mainly because of his fight with Roy Jones jr. It was very similar to the one between Canelo and Golovkin excluding the.knock down at the 10th. Golovkin and McCallum dictating the pace and where the.fight will happen while Canelo and Roy Jones countering, yet struggling greatly to show off their skillset.

From my perspective both McCallum and Golovkin won their fights (McCallum perhaps lost due to that KD) but both were close fights with the passive fighter winning.

So perhaps the general fan is not really awared of scorring.

Again if you prefer aggressiveness then so be it.

I look for the guy who lands the more effective punches.

Boxing is about hitting the other guy person. Everything else like ring generalship, octagon control, pushing the pace etc is just noise that districts us from what's really going on. Aggressiveness can win a fight but only if you are landing punches. Effective Aggressiveness.

When in doubt as yourself these questions:

Who would I rather be in this round?
Who landed the cleaner shots?

Red gloves. That's Daijon, lot of posts about him in my thread.

i recognize the name but its hard to tell whos who with the head gear on etc. anyways both guys looked very sharp. Good sparring.

Again if you prefer aggressiveness then so be it.

I look for the guy who lands the more effective punches.

Boxing is about hitting the other guy person. Everything else like ring generalship, octagon control, pushing the pace etc is just noise that districts us from what's really going on. Aggressiveness can win a fight but only if you are landing punches. Effective Aggressiveness.

When in doubt as yourself these questions:

Who would I rather be in this round?
Who landed the cleaner shots?

I thought the fight was damn close and struggled to pick a winner after watching it twice.

Nevertheless GGG Outlanded Canelo in rounds 10-2.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...anelo-vs-ggg-judges-scorecards-compubox-stats

I didn’t think it was the type of fight where GGG showed nonsensical bravado to play to the judges.

I thought the fight was damn close and struggled to pick a winner after watching it twice.

Nevertheless GGG Outlanded Canelo in rounds 10-2.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...anelo-vs-ggg-judges-scorecards-compubox-stats

I didn’t think it was the type of fight where GGG showed nonsensical bravado to play to the judges.
* Clean *effective punches.

Most of the punches landing where deflected on canelo while ggg was eating shots like the day after weight ins.

^the guy moving forward isn't actually always the guy dictating where the fight happens though. This is just a thing most people score for guys like Floyd but refuse to score for Canelo.
Ye but Floyd does not get tagged much. While Golovkin was punching Canelo all night long. It is not that Canelo was not landing too. Both were. While with Floyd ... he just does not get hit or at least that often. And it is usually Floyd leading his oponents to where he wants them. While in this match it was obviously Golovkin leading Canelo where Golovkin wants him.

Uhh, no GGG was not punching Canelo all night long, and Floyd gets hit more than you think. He is, however, very excellent at selling the idea that he wasn't. And no, it was not obviously Golovkin leading.

I think you're a very good example of what I talk about in the video I posted in response to shincheckin. People just cannot seem to wrap their heads around that Canelo is a boxer / puncher. He's not a pressuring fighter unless he knows he has you controlled. So every moment he spends being what you think he shouldn't be, you count it against him. Add to it the current hero - worship of Golovkin and you have a fight in your head where Canelo got beat us.

That's just not what happened.

Last edited:
Ye but Floyd does not get tagged much. While Golovkin was punching Canelo all night long. It is not that Canelo was not landing too. Both were. While with Floyd ... he just does not get hit or at least that often. And it is usually Floyd leading his oponents to where he wants them. While in this match it was obviously Golovkin leading Canelo where Golovkin wants him.
Canelo is every bit as elusive as pbf.

Watch the fight over with no sound.

Canelo rolls with punches very well. I'd argue that skillwise he is the best or tied with lomo

Last edited:
The sad part again is that judging will be the main topic in this fight.

The sad part again is that judging will be the main topic in this fight.
How could it not be? Definitely some tough rounds to score in there, which decided the outcome.

Awesome fight, let's see a 3rd early next year.

How could it not be? Definitely some tough rounds to score in there, which decided the outcome.

Awesome fight, let's see a 3rd early next year.

It was an amazing fight. Lets talk about the details there. I was impressed Canelo was pushing forward 2/3 of the fight actually. But later GGG found his range.

It was an amazing fight. Lets talk about the details there. I was impressed Canelo was pushing forward 2/3 of the fight actually. But later GGG found his range.
Canelo looked great for the first 4-5 rounds, coming forward and showing good aggression and toughness, but from round 6 or 7 onward GGG seemed to be winning most exchanges and imposing his will more. GGG just came out slow.

I agreed with the commentators, the way the fight started and how Canelo was ripping the body and GGG was looking slow, I thought Canelo was on his way to a stoppage win and GGG was finally going to look old.

But GGG really turned it into his fight in the late middle rounds and onward. He's a tough MFer, and started roughing Canelo up and landing the more significant shots to go along with his jabs.

It was a great fight, and extremely close. Alvarez showed an awesome chin and really came to fight. I thought GGG won, but it's not a robbery. Could go either way.

Just looks strange it goes to Canelos way both times.

I really liked how GGG was seting up this tight hook and how Canelo was countering that jab. But.then suddenly GGGs jab started landing. What happend there?

I really liked how GGG was seting up this tight hook and how Canelo was countering that jab. But.then suddenly GGGs jab started landing. What happend there?

If you're on instagram check out this short post on G's jab:

I saw this post this morning and saw what they talked about in action during the fight. He was jabbing Canelo clean all night long.

It was landing all night and was the reason canelo did not run away with the early rounds.

Nothing strange about a house fighter and cash cow getting a decision.

Also if we're going to if we're going to talk technique a bit, somewhere in the mid-rounds G started using some nice angles and pivots while they were both inside - don't really remember seeing him do that kind of work before.

Canelo haters when Canelo boxes and uses defense: "Man look, he's scared, running like a bitch! He won't stand and fight GGG!!"

Canelo haters tonight after Canelo backs GGG up for most of the fight and bangs the body: ".....I'm sayin...that jab tho!!"

Canelo haters when Canelo boxes and uses defense: "Man look, he's scared, running like a bitch! He won't stand and fight GGG!!"

Canelo haters tonight after Canelo backs GGG up for most of the fight and bangs the body: ".....I'm sayin...that jab tho!!"
The standard for scoring seemed to change when Canelo didn't get steamrolled like some people thought he would. Still a close fight to me.

Back