Canelo, Crawford and Lomachenko

Fairly easy to rank them. Canelo > Lomachenko > Crawford.

Crawford doesn't get much love around these parts, and his resume is inferior to the others, but I find him a far more entertaining fighter than the others.

Fred from Barbershop Conversations has Gary Russell ahead of Loma though

he said Gary was the one that should of won that fight

Fred from Barbershop Conversations has Gary Russell ahead of Loma though

he said Gary was the one that should of won that fight
How exactly? I can't remember a single person on here who disputed the result when Russell got dominated by Loma. It wasn't even a mildly controversial result. Gary unleashed his famous rapid fire combos but barely landed anything as Loma shelled up and then picked Gary apart with his counters. It was total ownership.

How exactly? I can't remember a single person on here who disputed the result when Russell got dominated by Loma. It wasn't even a mildly controversial result. Gary unleashed his famous rapid fire combos but barely landed anything as Loma shelled up and then picked Gary apart with his counters. It was total ownership.
fred said something if the knockdowns count the fight would of been ruled a draw

was there knockdowns?

Gary's my boy but Loma whooped his ass in that fight. Not a bad loss on Gary's record by any stretch, tho, but he lost that clearly.

Gary's my boy but Loma whooped his ass in that fight. Not a bad loss on Gary's record by any stretch, tho, but he lost that clearly.
i don't even remember that fight other than that it was kinda close on the cards right?

or am I mixing it up with something else

i don't even remember that fight other than that it was kinda close on the cards right?

Yeah I think somebody gave Gary a draw somehow, iirc. I was rooting big time for him but Loma handled him pretty easily for the most part.

American fans generally don't whine and throw half decade long tantrums about decisions.

It was kind of close on the cards, but it shouldn't have been. Lomachenko controlled that fight. Russell just threw a lot of punches, but didn't get much done.

fred said something if the knockdowns count the fight would of been ruled a draw

was there knockdowns?

Still would have been a majority decision for Lomacehnko, even if this "KD" had been counted. 114/113 twice, I think.

Still would have been a majority decision for Lomacehnko, even if this "KD" had been counted. 114/113 twice, I think.

hrmmmm

can't really tell if he slipped or not

edit: is his foot behind GRJ foot? he gets hit pretty clean there

That probably should have been a KD by the looks of it (I don't even remember that). Lomachenko still should have won wide, of course.

That probably should have been a KD by the looks of it (I don't even remember that). Lomachenko still should have won wide, of course.
I think he would have won anyway. He got 116/112 on two cards. Assuming thats a round he won, if you flipped it, it'd be 114/113 for Lomachenko, right?
I will say that fight was more competitive than I remember, I was just watching a little of it.

I think he would have won anyway. He got 116/112 on two cards. Assuming thats a round he won, if you flipped it, it'd be 114/113 for Lomachenko, right?
I will say that fight was more competitive than I remember, I was just watching a little of it.
that was clearly a trip, Russell stepped on his foot

As for answering the op, yeah I agree with most of the opinions here : Canelo easily, then Loma, then Bud. I'm a fan of Bud's but his resume is lacking when it comes to the other two, imo.

someone on youtube about the russell-loma fight

1 judge already had it 114-114 so Russell is up on that card 115-112 if he had loma winning the knockdown round or 114-113 if he had Russell winning that round. The other 2 judges had it 116-112 a 4 point difference a 3 point swing can't erase. If they both had Loma winning the knockdown round it's 114-113 Loma or 115-112 Loma if they had Russell winning that round.

was there knockdowns?
Loma got his foot taken out by Russell. Pretty clearly not a KD. People bitching about the result are really searching for reasons to hate Loma. Only Americans would bitch and moan about a clear cut result like this almost 6 years later. Sore losers spring to mind.

Loma got his foot taken out by Russell. Pretty clearly not a KD. People bitching about the result are really searching for reasons to hate Loma. Only Americans would bitch and moan about a clear cut result like this almost 6 years later. Sore losers spring to mind.
Russell hooked his foot as he was falling backward. A short punch landed so technically it could've counted as a KD but the ref was on the other side and didn't see it. He got up immediately as if he'd been tripped rather than knocked down. I remember the LDBC trying to run with this for a while years back.

Russell hooked his foot as he was falling backward. A short punch landed so technically it could've counted as a KD but the ref was on the other side and didn't see it. He got up immediately as if he'd been tripped rather than knocked down. I remember the LDBC trying to run with this for a while years back.
Yeah I agree a punch landed but it was a light shot with nothing behind it. You can see Loma steps forward and his foot rolls out so you can see the sole of his shoe, then as he plants weight his leg just collapses. It looked like he was attempting a single leg with an outside trip. The ref could have given it as knockdown and it would have changed nothing.

Back