Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo September 30th PBC Showtime PPV

Naoya Inoue and Roman Gonzalez. Inoue needs to beat Fulton and then go win a belt at Featherweight, which we all know, isn't going to happen in such a stacked and aggressive division.
this is a bit off topic, but why not? everyone thought he would be too small for bantamweight a few years back and look at him now. if he gives time for his body to properly grow into the weight along with training, i dont see how he couldnt beat someone like Warrington or Dogboe.

to keep my post on topic - would be interesting to see if Canelo can beat someone heavier than Bivol. Badou isnt on Bivol's level but he's no pushover

I've been thinking the same thing. Apparently Canelo makes a few million in passive income yearly, so he has little financial incentive to fight for much longer.

I also think his significant wealth is one of the reasons why he hasn't looked as good in his last couple fights. Fighting so much in a short time, brutal training camps, and miles on the proverbial odometer are obvious factors, but his drive has to have suffered after all he's accomplished, and we probably won't see a fully committed Canelo if he's not in a legacy defining fight.
too much time on the links
he is in love with golf now and wants to pursue that over boxing
plus dude is from Jalisco that's the best food in MX
I just hope his last one is a win over benebidez

this is a bit off topic, but why not? everyone thought he would be too small for bantamweight a few years back and look at him now. if he gives time for his body to properly grow into the weight along with training, i dont see how he couldnt beat someone like Warrington or Dogboe.

to keep my post on topic - would be interesting to see if Canelo can beat someone heavier than Bivol. Badou isnt on Bivol's level but he's no pushover
I'm taking him to beat Fulton, but Featherweight seems to much of a bridge to cross. It would be similar to him finding his Badou Jack at that weight and out of the current 4 champs, it wouldn't go well for him with the exception of Rey Vargas, who I think he could actually make it interesting against.

Which means he has literally no idea where the money is coming from. The source. Just that his network okayed it. Shouldn't he know the exact details given it's such a large offer? Even if we pretend that the money was real it still doesn't explain why they walked away from the table so quickly. Does it? Sampson said that the Canelo fight was off. He already had a replacement opponent named and a date set for Benavidez's next fight. How is that possible to negotiate and organize in just a matter of a few days? That's a rhetorical question. Espinoza said that he doesn't blame Canelo yet you do. That's funny.

This guy starts every related boxing discussion with "__________ is ducking Benavidez" as a foregone conclusion and then forces everyone to disprove it while rejecting anything with logic of the business of boxing or precedent.

It's a religion for him at this point. And I'd bet my hat that even if Cnaelo knocked Benavidez clean out and then Benavidez asked for a rematch and Canelo told him to get lost, this guy would still say he was ducking because Canelo fought GGG more than once.

Last edited:
Canelo didn't look competitive against Bivol. He looked like a small guy fighting a big guy so I'm not convinced on this stretch in taking on larger opponents.

You need to stop lying. Benavidez has no fight signed, which is why a 50m offer was sent. The offer is still available they just said they are moving onto other options since Canelo did not reply, he was too busy chasing Charlo and jack.

Beating Benavidez would finally certify him the best in the division, a young lion in his prime that most people think is a very tough fight. A cheap bum hunt belt looks good on paper but people who know boxing will see through the bullcrap. You still did not give me a genuine reason why he could not fight Benavidez first and give his fans what they wantm since he boasts he loves to give the fans the fights they want. When did that last happen?

btw im curious. How did Ryder help his legacy?

Ryder was his mandatory and a good tune up after Bivol.

Fighting Jack is fine but after that there shouldn't be any more road blocks for a Benevidez fight.

This guy starts every related boxing discussion with "__________ is ducking Benavidez" as a foregone conclusion and then forces everyone to disprove it while rejecting anything with logic of the business of boxing or precedent.

It's a religion for him at this point. And I'd bet my hat that even if Cnaelo knocked Benavidez clean out and then Benavidez asked for a rematch and Canelo told him to get lost, this guy would still say he was ducking because Canelo fought GGG more than once.
Well said. Notice when I started asking him the tough questions he disappeared (conveniently after saying that I was trolling him). I could see that happening and him saying that even if Canelo KO'd Benavidez lol.

He has all 4 belts. He's the best in the division.
And him winning a championship in a 5th division does matter.
There's only two boxers right now, outside of Canelo who have a somewhat shot of doing it.
Naoya Inoue and Roman Gonzalez. Inoue needs to beat Fulton and then go win a belt at Featherweight, which we all know, isn't going to happen in such a stacked and aggressive division.
Roman, would need to go up to Bantamweight to get his 5 division title. And with Inoue gone, it's actually possible he could. All of the belts are vacated except for one that I think Inoue still has.

And I think both aren't going to even try.
So that leaves Canelo. And if he doesn't do it it could be another 15-25 years until someone does
Belts & resume don't solidify your legacy over Roids having a hard-on & crush on the "young bull" David Benavidez.
Roids Belt > Ring

The audicicty to think Canelo has to go through Benavidez to prove his worth instead of the other way around. Hahahahahahaha. He on that good meth.

Belts & resume don't solidify your legacy over Roids having a hard-on & crush on the "young bull" David Benavidez.
Roids Belt > Ring

The audicicty to think Canelo has to go through Benavidez to prove his worth instead of the other way around. Hahahahahahaha. He on that good meth.
you don't understand (and only real boxing heads would understand)
Benevidez is a rare talent a mix of being fast and ..... and ...... tall
/sarcasm

it really is a crazy narrative

you don't understand (and only real boxing heads would understand)
Benevidez is a rare talent a mix of being fast and ..... and ...... tall
/sarcasm

it really is a crazy narrative
Let's not forget that Benavidez also has volume. Volumetrically speaking it's impossible to overcome for any of his opponents hence why he's still undefeated. Generational talent at work.

Not sure why you think it will be a fun fight? will be a slow boring chess match with Canelo likely getting the decision. Neither are action fighters.

Jack usually doesn't try to be boring, and I'm trying to balance my otherwise bleak perspective toward the fight :)

Jack usually doesn't try to be boring, and I'm trying to balance my otherwise bleak perspective toward the fight :)
Jack has been in some really fun fights. He's still serviceable, tough, and one of the better body punchers in the sport. Canelo will be fighting higher in weight than he ever has so for all we know it could affect him. We'll see what weight they finally agree on and how he looks on fight night. While the outcome isn't in question it may not be the blowout that many fans are expecting. According to these same fans Ryder wasn't expected to even be competitive. He was also called an undeserving contender before the fight. Clearly he was deserving and he proved it in the ring on the night.

Reactions: Po
Now its looking like Charlo is the front runner. Can anyone think how that fight could be justified ahead of Benavidez?

im getting some second hand schadenfreude from the fact that Canelo isnt fighting Benavidez

Ok we really need to stop defending these canelo picks, the jack fight is absolute shit and just like the kovalev fight, we know the outcome save some unexpected shit.

The charlo fight is much more interesting

Ok we really need to stop defending these canelo picks, the jack fight is absolute shit and just like the kovalev fight, we know the outcome save some unexpected shit.

The charlo fight is much more interesting
While it still adds fuel to the fire of his haters who claim he cherry picks diminished opponents.... Its still a great fight in name & on paper.
Plus Benavidez can fight Morrell. So we would get 2 great fights instead of no great fights.

Because no way was Benavidez going to dictate or direct any negotiations to A side Canelo. That approach was laughable.

I'll be rooting for and putting money on Jermall for the upset, yet I bet the known goofy poster will still accuse me of being a Canelo fanboy. Lmao

Now its looking like Charlo is the front runner. Can anyone think how that fight could be justified ahead of Benavidez?

Didn't you claim that Canelo was ducking Charlo before? If it's not you it's a million others that said that. Now that he's fighting him it's just a way of ducking Benavidez lol.

I'll be honest I prefer the Benavidez fight but this is a really really good fight that I'm not gonna to complain about.

Jack has been in some really fun fights. He's still serviceable, tough, and one of the better body punchers in the sport. Canelo will be fighting higher in weight than he ever has so for all we know it could affect him. We'll see what weight they finally agree on and how he looks on fight night. While the outcome isn't in question it may not be the blowout that many fans are expecting. According to these same fans Ryder wasn't expected to even be competitive. He was also called an undeserving contender before the fight. Clearly he was deserving and he proved it in the ring on the night.

Ryder was game and super durable. Canelo didn't look great. No flow or combination game.

Back