Rumored Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders May 2nd

That’s part of why I want him to have it, another big fight and probably his last one on the way out. I still think GGG has enough to have a good shit against Canelo, he just needs to believe in himself a bit more at this stage.

And if Canelo wins then at least Canelo has that decisive win against GGG.

It’s still a good fight to make I think
The same people complaining that Canelo lost the first 2 fights will
A. Make up another robbery claim if Canelo wins on the cards again
B. Or just claim he waited for GGG to slowdown and get old.

I dont get why people want to see another stalemate, close fight that will probably yield the same results.

The 2nd fight was judged fairly. There was nothing outrageous about the scoring.
Since people can never accept the factual decision over their own personal non professional opinion, I hope they never fight again.

Btw GGG fan who rooted for him in both fights

I dont get why people want to see another stalemate, close fight that will probably yield the same results.

Because both were really good fights. I don't have a problem with these fights he's making, and I don't think he's ducking Golovkin, but I'll show up with bells on if they run it back again.

Because both were really good fights. I don't have a problem with these fights he's making, and I don't think he's ducking Golovkin, but I'll show up with bells on if they run it back again.
Meh at Canelo/Golovkin 3. Golovkin isn't going to get better. He's on the decline and its all we'll hear if the fight actually gets made.

Meh at Canelo/Golovkin 3. Golovkin isn't going to get better. He's on the decline and its all we'll hear if the fight actually gets made.
Yeah Derevyanchenko was outboxing ggg for long stretches of that fight...Canelo would dominate if they fought now imo

The squawking would get old quick, but I bet it would end up being a more entertaining fight than BJS.

The squawking would get old quick, but I bet it would end up being a more entertaining fight than BJS.
Exactly the fights weren't great enough to have to listen to people cry about how razor close fights were robberies.
That narrative is played out to death.

To me Canelo stopping BJS would be more exciting than 2 brick walls coming at eachother for 12 rounds.

GGG-Munguia
Munguia pulls off a Split Decision win.

Exactly the fights weren't great enough to have to listen to people cry about how razor close fights were robberies.
That narrative is played out to death.

To me Canelo stopping BJS would be more exciting than 2 brick walls coming at eachother for 12 rounds.
Let Canelo fight BJS and have GGG move up to 168lb, beat someone with a name and then have Canelo-GGG at 168, while Callum Smith takes on Gilberto Ramirez at 175 for the vacant WBO LHW Title.
Then Canelo after he stomps GGG, goes up to 175 and has a Mexican showdown with Ramirez.

Let Canelo fight BJS and have GGG move up to 168lb, beat someone with a name and then have Canelo-GGG at 168, while Callum Smith takes on Gilberto Ramirez at 175 for the vacant WBO LHW Title.
Then Canelo after he stomps GGG, goes up to 175 and has a Mexican showdown with Ramirez.
Yeah GGG vs Canelo at 168 does sound more appealing. Especially if GGG is with Conte now...........

Canelo by decision.

BJS will try but once he realizes he can't get through to Canelo, he'll back off and safely make the final bell.

I need to rewatch his last few fights and confirm.

Will be his second fight in the US.

That narrative is played out to death

Eh I disagree. I think y’all are letting other people dictate what you like too much.

I'm a GGG fan but I don't want to see a third fight. Canelo in my eyes clearly beat GGG in the second fight. Another fight would just be more favourable to Canelo.
I see this too.

I feel that ggg won the first, but a fair case can be made for canelo on the second. Most canelo haters will say that canelo lost both. i understand that many are bitter due to the first fight, but their bitterness blinds them when assessing the second fight.

Eh I disagree. I think y’all are letting other people dictate what you like too much.
I like fights where a definitive winner can be crowned. Draws and debatable close fights at this point make me feel like I wasted time only to not find out who is better.

Something to consider. All the people complaining about a potential 3rd fight are using all the exact same arguments we got for why there was no point in Manny facing JMM for the 4th time.

The same people complaining that Canelo lost the first 2 fights will
A. Make up another robbery claim if Canelo wins on the cards again
B. Or just claim he waited for GGG to slowdown and get old.

The 2nd fight was judged fairly. There was nothing outrageous about the scoring.
Since people can never accept the factual decision over their own personal non professional opinion, I hope they never fight again.

Btw GGG fan who rooted for him in both fights

If we are getting circus fights vs Kovalev, Fielding and Rolls, there’s time for a GGG fight, a lot of people want it and that should be enough reason for it to happen.

Back