Rumored Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders May 2nd

If Canelo fights a guy who can move then you always have a real chance at a split decision or even worse, bullshit decision for canelo, he has improved but he can still be clueless in there when someone shows actual boxing skill and wings big shots.

Saunders is a crap fighter against crap opposition but against good fighters when he has something to prove he can be something to behold with all that bag of tricks he brings to the match, this could be a very long night for Canelo and could very well be one of those fights where the commentators and tv scorer have a very different card than the actual judges.

But all power to Canelo if he manages to blow him out of the ring as Saunders is just unlikeable for some reason. I like watching him fight at his full potencial but outside the ring he seems.....

I do want to see Canelo fight GGG again though, for the mere fact that I thought GGG won both of their previous fights and I believe such a fighter deserves a shot at either winning or losing convincingly, he has earned it. I would say exactly the same thing if GGG won both fights and I felt Canelo got screwed, Canelo fought his heart out and also earned a third. They are fated to fight again. Lucky for Saul he is only getting stronger and GGG is getting weaker.

Would be amazing if Fury and Saunders were sparked out back-to-back

Some light hearted back and forth is all fine and well but yall need to chill a bit. Some of you already got cards in another thread. Tone it down some.

I do want to see Canelo fight GGG again though, for the mere fact that I thought GGG won both of their previous fights and I believe such a fighter deserves a shot at either winning or losing convincingly, he has earned it. I would say exactly the same thing if GGG won both fights and I felt Canelo got screwed, Canelo fought his heart out and also earned a third. They are fated to fight again. Lucky for Saul he is only getting stronger and GGG is getting weaker.

Dude, i think we're kindred spirits, lol. Same opinion. I though Golovkin clearly won the first fight, and the second, although i could see an argument for a draw, and would like to see a rubber match to settle it once and for all.
Have to admit that i'm disappointed that Golovkin hasn't as of yet jumped up to SMW or LHW. He' s got nothing else to prove at MW.

Saunders wont do enough to win rounds, and if he tries, he'll get knocked out

Travellers are bar fighters with a cult following....notice they all suck at actually boxing? Hmm....

Billy Joe fights like a bitch and is probably a disgrace to them too

the weird thing is some of the purest boxers in this country are travellers. Fury, Saunders and Gorman are slick boxers and not guys that will get in to a brawl. Very different from travellers in general who tend to love a punch up, in my experience

Some light hearted back and forth is all fine and well but yall need to chill a bit. Some of you already got cards in another thread. Tone it down some.
Oh so that's why some of my posts have disappeared.....

the weird thing is some of the purest boxers in this country are travellers. Fury, Saunders and Gorman are slick boxers and not guys that will get in to a brawl. Very different from travellers in general who tend to love a punch up, in my experience
Yeah that's true. I guessing that the ones that really turn to boxing are the ones with a talent for the sweet science as opposed to being bare-knuckle brawlers.

Oh so that's why some of my posts have disappeared.....
I could leave them up and not delete the reports and you can get yourself banned for continuing on? Is that what youd prefer?

Id prefer to just do a solid and keep posters from getting in further bullshit.

Have to admit that i'm disappointed that Golovkin hasn't as of yet jumped up to SMW or LHW. He' s got nothing else to prove at MW

he's the size of a jr middleweight....the fact he's gone up against real middleweight sized people with huge skill such as Jacobs and Canelo is already pushing his limits...not to mention he's losing the mustard on his fastball as he ages

I could leave them up and not delete the reports and you can get yourself banned for continuing on? Is that what youd prefer?

Id prefer to just do a solid and keep posters from getting in further bullshit.
I just thought that was mild banter. Seems like a lot of people are carrying yellow cards atm. Is this some sort of site crackdown? I don't remember it being this strict before. It would be a pity. I know of one long term poster who has recently quit partly due to modding.

I just thought that was mild banter. Seems like a lot of people are carrying yellow cards atm. Is this some sort of site crackdown? I don't remember it being this strict before. It would be a pity. I know of one long term poster who has recently quit partly due to modding.
No. A handful of you have carried this on through multiple threads despite the warnings. I can only catch so much.

he's the size of a jr middleweight....the fact he's gone up against real middleweight sized people with huge skill such as Jacobs and Canelo is already pushing his limits...not to mention he's losing the mustard on his fastball as he ages

Nah, he's got a solid MW frame. He's 5'10" with solid proportions, roughly the same size as Canelo and bigger than many other MW's. IIRC his fight against the Ukrainian mandatory, who's name i don't want to spell right now, was at around SMW against Steve Rolls. He won that one by KO. And he'd only be slightly small at SMW, not much smaller than BJS and Danny Jacobs, and probably as rugged or more than both at the weight.

I can't doubt him for not knocking that Ukrainian dude out as similar to Canelo, he's very compact and very skilled. Jacobs couldn't put him away either. And Danny, like Canelo steps into the ring at Light heavyweight.

Man, i'd just like to see Golovkin bulk up a bit and give it a go. Don't think 5 pounds of muscle would kill him, and it could make him a more effective banger if he puts in on the right way.

Nah, he's got a solid MW frame. He's 5'10" with solid proportions, roughly the same size as Canelo and bigger than many other MW's. IIRC his fight against the Ukrainian mandatory, who's name i don't want to spell right now, was at around SMW against Steve Rolls. He won that one by KO. And he'd only be slightly small at SMW, not much smaller than BJS and Danny Jacobs, and probably as rugged or more than both at the weight.

I can't doubt him for not knocking that Ukrainian dude out as similar to Canelo, he's very compact and very skilled. Jacobs couldn't put him away either. And Danny, like Canelo steps into the ring at Light heavyweight.

Man, i'd just like to see Golovkin bulk up a bit and give it a go. Don't think 5 pounds of muscle would kill him, and it could make him a more effective banger if he puts in on the right way.
You thinking of Derevyanchenko?

I would most certainly like to see it as well, i just have viewed him as one of the smaller mw's. Despite the height i think Canelo is a pretty solid mw, Hagler was 5'9 too i believe and was a rock. Ggg seems kind of slight of build but that could just be aesthetic, human bodies are very different afterall.

I'd just like to see 168 stack up for a year or 2 while all these guys are still relatively close to their best or at least top world level. Smw could become the best division in boxing if Canelo, ggg, Andrade, Smith, Bjs, Benevidez etc....that's a crazy division i think

You thinking of Derevyanchenko?

I would most certainly like to see it as well, i just have viewed him as one of the smaller mw's. Despite the height i think Canelo is a pretty solid mw, Hagler was 5'9 too i believe and was a rock. Ggg seems kind of slight of build but that could just be aesthetic, human bodies are very different afterall.

I'd just like to see 168 stack up for a year or 2 while all these guys are still relatively close to their best or at least top world level. Smw could become the best division in boxing if Canelo, ggg, Andrade, Smith, Bjs, Benevidez etc....that's a crazy division i think

That's the guy, i'll copy and paste should i need to use it going forward. Yeah, and i agree with the size thing. He's taller than Canelo but that's about it. Canelo has a wider and heavier boned build despite being three inches shorter. But i don't see any reason why Golovkin couldn't make the leap. The fact that he looks slight at MW, which i agree with, is a positive as it means he hasn't totally filled out his frame. He's got the power and his chin has never even been close to been cracked.

Ditto on the SMW division. It could get real exciting in the next few years.

Good fight! I'm going with a Canelo decision win. I think it's a good idea for Canelo lets some of the top dogs of the division face each other and build their name value. The Smith fight could be big but honestly I don't think he has much name value even in the U.K. at the moment. He should try to capture another belt then call out Canelo.

Back