Rumored Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders May 2nd

BJS a technician in his own right, these travelers, you can't count them out fully, but BJS also had his best night vs a guy who literally played right into his hands. Canelo should have a very comfortable decision, or manage to stop BJS. I see a complete fighter in Canelo and a total question mark in Saunders. Even if Saunders lived up to what little hype he possesses, it's probably not enough even at his best to trump Saul. Kinda a weird fight at this moment to be talking about, would have made more sense in the lead up to Canelo vs GGG 1 or 2, hate to nitpick but if we nitpick other fights, I feel Saul has bigger fish to fry, and I look at this like an "easy" fight for him between the real fights tbh.

I'm sure the boxing world will rejoice mightily to see BJS stopped cold in his tracks though.

I think it’s the obvious move tbh. There’s nothing to prove at MW. He’s beat the 2 best guys. Saunders is possibly the weakest of the SMW champs so seems the obvious place to start.

I don’t see this fight happening though. Just like all of the golovkin vs Saunders rumours.

Disputed by who? Golovkin fans?
Or by the brigade of geniuses on here who like to make up their own criteria when scoring a fight all while not knowing the rules or math. Then expect professional judges to see a close fight that could go either way their own twisted way.
= ROBBERY = Oscar bought off the judges = Canelo cheated again = I cant be wrong so I will manufacturer a conspiracy theory based off of made up rules so I dont look bad on the internet

I’ve been wanting to see this one for awhile so I’m glad it’s been made. I see Canelo finishing it in 8. I hope he fights Callum smith in September to unify

I see the similarities between BJS and Fury in a lot of ways. Even in style. Fury is in a division that is so thin and undersized he can be top 1-3 by doing that and on size alone.
Fortunately for us there are killers at 154-160.
BJS can come with his best game it's no match for a HOFer. Also, he can avoid and frustrate Canelo as much as he wants. Those judges wont be on his side vs Canelo. Lol
I think BJS is just cashing out. Hope Canelo goes highlight reel on him.
Yeah I don't think BJS has a chance of winning because he boxes so negatively and Canelo is really hard to hit. No way he gets a points decision over Canelo, nor should he. I just hope it's a good fight to watch, I'm just not being very optimistic considering some of the shit shows BJS has been in. And yeah he is definitely cashing out for some of that Canelo money.

opups that brainfart :)

Last edited:
Bold prediction but

Canelo by Unanimous decision

BJS finally going to face some actual competition? Wow. About damn time but better late than never.

Canelo will destroy him and I cant wait to see it.

BJS finally going to face some actual competition? Wow. About damn time but better late than never.

Canelo will destroy him and I cant wait to see it.

Fingers crossed Canelo gives him that Chamomile tea and puts him to sleep. Been waiting so long for this.

upload_2020-1-11_12-8-20.gif

Ha ha ha! I was one of the few who had Canelo winning handily in the second fight.

Seano and the like are hilarious... "Golovkin fans." Like Golovkin was an Afram or Puerto Rican. He's a Kazak fighter with a largely dispassionate North American and European fanbase. Nobody outside of the eastern bloc, myself included, is blindly rooting for him.

People who thought he won both Canelo fights think so because of logic and reason, not because we're rooting for a flag, or La Raza.

You Canelo fans keep riding with Adalaide Byrd, lol, talk about not having a clue.

Anyway, On-Topic, i like BJS. His slick southpaw style and grit should give Canelo some problems but ultimately -- i think Canelo stops him. BJS doesn't have the pop or the length to beat Canelo.

Oh this is gonna be fun. Can't wait to watch BJS get his ass whooped.

Fingers crossed Canelo gives him that Chamomile tea and puts him to sleep. Been waiting so long for this.

View attachment 708741
No result in boxing currently would be more enjoyable than watching Canelo fold BJS in half with a body shot.

No result in boxing currently would be more enjoyable than watching Canelo fold BJS in half with a body shot.

Or unplugging that big ol head like he did Kirkland for all the shit he’s talked.

Hopefully BJS actually shows up. This is a risky fight because Canelo could find himself without an opponent a couple weeks out.

Three things about this fight:
1. BJS does seem to rise to the big occasion
2. I find it hard to be objective with BJS because i don't like him
3. BJS can move well and is a very skilled boxer at his best.
All that being said i still favour canelo.

Seano and the like are hilarious... "Golovkin fans." Like Golovkin was an Afram or Puerto Rican. He's a Kazak fighter with a largely dispassionate North American and European fanbase. Nobody outside of the eastern bloc, myself included, is blindly rooting for him.

People who thought he won both Canelo fights think so because of logic and reason, not because we're rooting for a flag, or La Raza.

You Canelo fans keep riding with Adalaide Byrd, lol, talk about not having a clue.

Anyway, On-Topic, i like BJS. His slick southpaw style and grit should give Canelo some problems but ultimately -- i think Canelo stops him. BJS doesn't have the pop or the length to beat Canelo.
Your tin foil hat is crooked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back