Rumored Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders May 2nd

I don't know what you're on about. Really. I actually really like Canelo and rate his skills and make up.
I just happen to think that he's lost two or three other fights by close decision. I know that nut hugers, maybe like yourself, have a tough time stomaching that but it is what it is.

Again. Billy Joe, or really any fighter, would have to knock out or repeatedly drop Canelo in order to beat him.

Go ahead and dispute that, I dare you too. You can't because you and everyone who's been paying attention to boxing for the last decade knows what's up.

But keep riding that red headed dick. Ignorance is bliss

I agree he’s been in some razor close fights. Just because he’s had close fights and you didn’t like that he didn’t lose doesn’t mean he “has to be KOd” to lose. Dude already has a loss on his record. Turns out if you are good enough you can win. You all need to start ponying up some real evidence and stop mashing up sour grapes. So far it’s “I didn’t agree so obviously Vegas deep-state.”

I also was lol’ing at your ”in shape” and “throw the left uppercut” comments - just more built in excuses for when billy doesn’t show up in shape, or ends up getting countered so much he becomes hesitant to throw. You’re the one setting up a situation so you don’t have to give Canelo credit, yet you call me a nut hugger. Again, look in the mirror bud.

I agree he’s been in some razor close fights. Just because he’s had close fights and you didn’t like that he didn’t lose doesn’t mean he “has to be KOd” to lose. Dude already has a loss on his record. Turns out if you are good enough you can win. You all need to start ponying up some real evidence and stop mashing up sour grapes. So far it’s “I didn’t agree so obviously Vegas deep-state.”

I also was lol’ing at your ”in shape” and “throw the left uppercut” comments - just more built in excuses for when billy doesn’t show up in shape, or ends up getting countered so much he becomes hesitant to throw. You’re the one setting up a situation so you don’t have to give Canelo credit, yet you call me a nut hugger. Again, look in the mirror bud.

Oh c'mon man. That fight was against Floyd.. really? Not only was Canelo not competitive in that fight, he wasn't even the A-side.

What? Are we punishing Lara and Golovkin because they aren't Floyd Mayweather? And if that's the level of excellence that Canelo's opponents are held up too how exactly are you disproving my point?

So let me get this straight. Aside from knocking Canelo out or repeatedly dropping him the only way to beat him is to pitch a complete shut out where Canelo punches nothing but air and shoulders. That's the standard? Geez.

No wonder Golovkin and Lara lost their fights. Again, like i said: ypu either have to knock him out or pitch a complete shut out to beat him (and if you don't think that Billy Joe and Canelo's other prospective opponents are well aware of the odds that are stacked against them than you've got your head buried in the sand). And you didn't at all disprove my original point at all, so give it up guy.

Oh c'mon man. That fight was against Floyd.. really? Not only was Canelo not competitive in that fight, he wasn't even the A-side.

More baseless Vegas deep state bs. He’s had a couple of questionable scorecards. That doesn’t mean he needs to be KOd to lose and I just proved it.

What? Are we punishing Lara and Golovkin because they aren't Floyd Mayweather?

Being better tends to make one better. That’s not a “punishment” for others.

And if that's the level of excellence that Canelo's opponents are held up too how exactly are you disproving my point?

Golovkin only needed one more round on one card to win a close fight. lol @ insinuating someone needs to be perfect to beat him. The evidence just isn’t there. What is here is the strong scent of sour grapes.

So let me get this straight. Aside from knocking Canelo out or repeatedly dropping him the only way to beat him is to pitch a complete shut out where Canelo punches nothing but air and shoulders. That's the standard? Geez.

No that’s what you’re saying. Look up. Golovkin wasn’t close to “pitching a shutout” against Canelo and only needed one more round on one card to win. Stop crying.

No wonder Golovkin and Lara lost their fights.

Yeah. Because they didn’t win them. Lol @ the Lara fight being some robbery. Seriously, look in the mirror and consider whether or not you’re basing your feelings on anything objective before calling someone else a nuthugger.

Can’t wait for Billy to show up fat and never land that left uppercut - the secret weapon!

I think BJS is going to get embarrassed. BJS is very skilled and a very talented boxer but he has not been in the ring with someone even remotely close to the level Canelo is at now. Points, TKO, KO it doesn’t matter Canelo by destruction.

I think BJS is going to get embarrassed. BJS is very skilled and a very talented boxer but he has not been in the ring with someone even remotely close to the level Canelo is at now. Points, TKO, KO it doesn’t matter Canelo by destruction.

Hard to disagree. BJS was excellent against Lemieux. But this a division up and against a very different quality of opponent. I expect BJS' speed and evasiveness to get him through the early rounds but Canelo's power to slow him and eventually stop him.

Agree. I'm honestly not that excited about this fight at all. Maybe it'll hit me as fight night gets closer but I'm just not feeling this one.

Agree. I'm honestly not that excited about this fight at all. Maybe it'll hit me as fight night gets closer but I'm just not feeling this one.
Im excited to see BJS get abused. Fuck that scumbag.

I see this going to what should be a close decision win for Canelo but will end up being a lopsided one because Vegas.

Im excited to see BJS get abused. Fuck that scumbag.
Thats basically what I try to tell myself, then realize he's getting 7.5 million for it.

It’s too funny, nothing changes. Boxing fans have such a tough time stomaching a loss for their favs in a close decision. I’ve seen countless fights over 30 plus years and have only legitimately witnessed a handful out right robberies on the cards. Yes, I’ve seen some I would have scored differently, but out robberies are few and far between.

I don’t understand the thought process of claiming robbery when you don’t like the outcome? Crap man people can be convicted of a felony here in the states for that behavior. The judges are on three different sides of the ring and sometime see different segments of the action, hence the difference of opinion from time to time. There is rarely a grand conspiracy a foot.

It’s too funny, nothing changes. Boxing fans have such a tough time stomaching a loss for their favs in a close decision. I’ve seen countless fights over 30 plus years and have only legitimately witnessed a handful out right robberies on the cards. Yes, I’ve seen some I would have scored differently, but out robberies are few and far between.

I don’t understand the thought process of claiming robbery when you don’t like the outcome? Crap man people can be convicted of a felony here in the states for that behavior. The judges are on three different sides of the ring and sometime see different segments of the action, hence the difference of opinion from time to time. There is rarely a grand conspiracy a foot.

It is 'interesting' that two of the worst cards handed in in recent times were both in Canelo fights and both times they favoured him.

Take a bow - or should I say hang your head in shame - C.J. Ross and Adalaide Byrd.

Whats more amusing is that the same people who call them robberies also say they were all close fights.

Back