Rumored Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders May 2nd

canelo takes a decision, but i don't think it will be that close.

BJS is very slick, but he hasn't fought anyone even remotely close to canelo's level. it would be awesome if the ginger put BJS to sleep, though.

if i were promoting this fight, i'd have a replacement for BJS ready from the start. he has a bit of a tendency to injure himself whenever he's about to fight someone with a pulse.

If BJS looked like in his last fight, Canelo would ko him. I think however that BJS can improve and will work harder for this fight, and lose a 8-4 decision going Canelos way. Without much controversy.

You don’t unify secondary titles with full titles, but anything to hype the fight more

Don’t see this fight happening! Hope I’m wrong

think it’s more likeky he fights Sergio Martinez next year.

BJS finally going to face some actual competition? Wow. About damn time but better late than never.

Canelo will destroy him and I cant wait to see it.

I hope we can see a competitive fight, but I doubt it. Canelo vs Lara II, only with Canelo displaying better timing and power, and Sanders doing everything worse than prime Lara. Canelo via late stoppage, although Sanders has a chance to ride his bike to a wide decision loss.

Been waiting for one of the real top guys to rid us of BJS. How could you hate Canelo after this?

Been waiting for one of the real top guys to rid us of BJS. How could you hate Canelo after this?
I assure you theyll be here soon complaining about score cards that havent happened yet and claiming he is ducking someone.

Canelo vs. BJS excites me. Hope it happens

I want to see this fight but I could see BJS making it a boring ugly affair if he's on his game as he is quite a good mover. Depends if the best BJS turns up but Canelo could end up chasing him around in a frustrating fight.

I want to see this fight but I could see BJS making it a boring ugly affair if he's on his game as he is quite a good mover. Depends if the best BJS turns up but Canelo could end up chasing him around in a frustrating fight.
If Canelo could figure Lara and Trout out....I'm not buying that BJS will give him any trouble. Especially with how poor he has looked . Especially based off his resume. Especially based off his inactivity. Also, Canelo continues to get better and takes on tough challenges. This is a Hall of Famer in the peak of his prime. BJS is a lot of talk ,avoidance, and excuses.
He was honest after his last fight though. He knows what's up.

BJS finally going to face some actual competition? Wow. About damn time but better late than never.

Canelo will destroy him and I cant wait to see it.
I'm not holding my breath because BJS will pull some bitch move and pull out.

But also I would love to see it!!

If Canelo could figure Lara and Trout out....I'm not buying that BJS will give him any trouble. Especially with how poor he has looked . Especially based off his resume. Especially based off his inactivity. Also, Canelo continues to get better and takes on tough challenges. This is a Hall of Famer in the peak of his prime. BJS is a lot of talk ,avoidance, and excuses.
He was honest after his last fight though. He knows what's up.
Perhaps I'm being pessimistic but I see parallels between BJS and Fury. Both seem to be able to bring their A-game when they fight the best. Look at how Fury showed up in the form of his life to fight Wilder despite looking shit before that as he did before when he fought Klitschko. But yeah Canelo did handle Lara who is better on paper than BJS. It's just having watched many fights where the negative non-engaging fighter really spoils the show. It's hard to fight someone who doesn't want to fight. I hope I'm wrong and Canelo becomes the first fighter to stop BJS in style.

BJS a technician in his own right, these travelers, you can't count them out fully, but BJS also had his best night vs a guy who literally played right into his hands. Canelo should have a very comfortable decision, or manage to stop BJS. I see a complete fighter in Canelo and a total question mark in Saunders. Even if Saunders lived up to what little hype he possesses, it's probably not enough even at his best to trump Saul. Kinda a weird fight at this moment to be talking about, would have made more sense in the lead up to Canelo vs GGG 1 or 2, hate to nitpick but if we nitpick other fights, I feel Saul has bigger fish to fry, and I look at this like an "easy" fight for him between the real fights tbh.

I'm sure the boxing world will rejoice mightily to see BJS stopped cold in his tracks though.

Meh, OK fight. Not sure who Canelo can really fight that will be super exciting right now. He's going to school everyone around his weight. It will be fun watching Saunders take a beating.

Perhaps I'm being pessimistic but I see parallels between BJS and Fury. Both seem to be able to bring their A-game when they fight the best. Look at how Fury showed up in the form of his life to fight Wilder despite looking shit before that as he did before when he fought Klitschko. But yeah Canelo did handle Lara who is better on paper than BJS. It's just having watched many fights where the negative non-engaging fighter really spoils the show. It's hard to fight someone who doesn't want to fight. I hope I'm wrong and Canelo becomes the first fighter to stop BJS in style.
I see the similarities between BJS and Fury in a lot of ways. Even in style. Fury is in a division that is so thin and undersized he can be top 1-3 by doing that and on size alone.
Fortunately for us there are killers at 154-160.
BJS can come with his best game it's no match for a HOFer. Also, he can avoid and frustrate Canelo as much as he wants. Those judges wont be on his side vs Canelo. Lol
I think BJS is just cashing out. Hope Canelo goes highlight reel on him.

Meh, OK fight. Not sure who Canelo can really fight that will be super exciting right now. He's going to school everyone around his weight. It will be fun watching Saunders take a beating.
Oh no you said "meh...." prepare to get beat on like you are BJS and your fan club is Canelo

Back