Rumored Canelo Alvarez eyeing Caleb Plant for May 2 fight

You're right. I think theres more factors than just being white.
Stiope Miocic shouldve taken a hint tho and did what the old timers did and got rid of the ethnic names and changed it to a more American name.
Lol yeah if he was Steve Smith he would be doing Conor #s. Eye roll.....

Yeah that talk has been going on for a while now. One of the main arguments against it is that LeBron hasn't been nearly as consistent as other greats when it comes to his finals record. He actually has a losing finals record, he's 3-6. But, he's had much less to work with compared to say a 90's prime MJ who had a great team around him. Most feel that LeBron's championship record tarnishes his legacy a bit including myself.
Lebron gets a pass because he had a bunch of bums and stiffs with him durring his 1st run with the Cavs. It's an accomplishment to even make it to the finals with 3 totally different teams and potentially a 4th this year. Other greats consistently had hall of fame supporting cast and all time great role players on the same teams.

They don't, but Canelo has his master to please. Not Golden Boy, but DAZN. They didn't give him a 300+ million dollar contract so he could fight gimme's against domestic level asian fighters.

Canelo has to fight big name guys who'll generate excitement and maybe bring in more subscribers. Don't get me wrong, he has the upper hand over all these guys, but he's not in the drivers seat like Money May was back in the day. Floyd didn't have to answer to anyone. Canelo has to answer to DAZN, whether he wants to admit it or not.
If Canelo decides to box Royce Gracie, DAZN will air it and thank him. There's literally not a single great fighter in history who fought the guy the fans said they wanted every single time out. You're holding Canelo to a ridiculous standard. His resume is deeper than anyone in boxing right now.

The catch weight thing- Everyone from Floyd to Cotto, Pacquiao to Leonard etc etc etc have fought at catchweights to make big fights happen. Stop acting like its some weird thing he does that disqualifies him from being great. Canelo had to take a catchweight himself to get the Floyd fight.

Why is Plant a bum all a sudden? The dudes very solid to me. Idkw what to think of Saunders beating Plant, how is Saunders even to handle Plan’s size, Plant has a good chance of beating him. Win or lose tonight, I think you guys are sleeping on him imo.

Canelo is the biggest star in combat sports currently. Canelo is fighting any and everyone. Canelo is being ducked by the best opponents available.

So bargaining = ducking? I take it you've taken the first offer at every job you've had then? Nobody is flat out turning down life changing money...unless of course they think they can squeeze a little more life changing money out of the golden goose (and better overall terms). Sound like business too me.

Some of you guys are seriously coming off like Golden Boy plants. We get it. Canelo is the 800 Lb. Gorilla. That doesn't mean that dudes have to take the first offer and capitulate to his every demand. Saunders, Smith, and the lot aren't club fighters. This isn't Rocky.

Ultimately this'll amount to much a do about nothing. Alvarez will inevitably play these dudes off each-other long enough to get the lowest offer and best terms for himself. Then his fanboys and GB plants can get their panties out their collective wads.

Canelo's team of ass suckers offered shit money to any opponent who is remotely a threat.

Id like to see the caleb plant fight. He has a pretty good back story which they could use to sell the fight. He also has the skills to make it some what competitive. Canelo would be the favourite obviously.

Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time. Me being white and American won't change that. I've never seen someone that dominant in their respective sport. The only other athlete I've seen that I'd probably put in the same conversation is Wayne Gretzky, because his records and career stats are absolutely mind-boggling. The closest thing I've seen to MJ in boxing was RJJ at his peak.
Barry Bonds and Pedro Martinez

Don't know jack shit about basket. I just grew up knowing Jordan was the best ever.
I've read the last couple of years though that while Jordan is considered the GOAT many people think that Lebron also reached that level or even surpassed him,
so I was beginning to think that maybe Jordan wasn't that dominant after all.
I would take Kobe over Lebron....

Let alone Mike.

I'd take Bird over Lebron too.

10 times out of 10.

NON CENTERS

1. Mike
2. Larry
3. Kobe
4. Lebron
5. Magic

So bargaining = ducking? I take it you've taken the first offer at every job you've had then? Nobody is flat out turning down life changing money...unless of course they think they can squeeze a little more life changing money out of the golden goose (and better overall terms). Sound like business too me.

Some of you guys are seriously coming off like Golden Boy plants. We get it. Canelo is the 800 Lb. Gorilla. That doesn't mean that dudes have to take the first offer and capitulate to his every demand. Saunders, Smith, and the lot aren't club fighters. This isn't Rocky.

Ultimately this'll amount to much a do about nothing. Alvarez will inevitably play these dudes off each-other long enough to get the lowest offer and best terms for himself. Then his fanboys and GB plants can get their panties out their collective wads.
Exfuckingactly. These same people would kick off big time at the suggestion that Fury or Wilder have to capitulate to Joshua who is clearly the bigger draw.

Dafuck that have to do with anything?

Why werent guys like Tommy Morrison or Kelly Pavlik superstars then?
Also Conor McGregor poked major wholes in your white European theory
You are confusing nationality with race some. . .
As far as know 2 black owners in all of the big 3 pro sport. Again that's a bunch of random shit that doesn't have anything to do with the decline of boxing.
Kelly and Tommy were big. Tommy especially, and because of Rocky.
Irish fighters are huge in America. Irish-Americans are loyal to their ancestral home

Irish fighters are huge in America. Irish-Americans are loyal to their ancestral home
Kelly Pavlik wasn't a superstar.

No they were not that big. I live in Ohio and I guarantee you a majority of people dont know who Kelly Is if they aren't from Youngstown area.
I'm shocked Stipe isn't really that big here too.
Lol Conor has masses of NON Irish white American fans.

Barry Bonds and Pedro Martinez

Bonds lost a lot of credit with the steroid scandal you know how they are with this shit, the man was still crazy to me. I consider him and Miguel Cabrera and Manny to be at that level of hitting where they just look at the pitchers arm movement and read most pitches, just insane natural ability.

But in baseball clutch is very important and Pedro didn’t really live to most tight situations. Sorta like A-Rod, potential to break Barrys record but would hit so many slumps in regular season and do poorly off-season.

Manny and David are the guys to me they came in clutch so many times, Mannys walk off homer over the coke sign in the off-season was a thing of beauty, the guy is cold blooded.

Back