Canelo a Free Agent

DAZN will be fine I think. Launching 190+ more countries starting Dec 1st, only currently in 9. Not having Joshua fights for the UK launch may hurt them as Sky Sports has his fight rights there, but others like BJS and GGG for £1.99 a month should be enough to grab lots of subs.

Combat sports are always a risky thing... If you don't want any risk and 100% profit, just stream soccer, lol.

There are at least 10-20 million soccer players in my friends country alone (soccer players in clubs) ... Which means 20 million potential customers.

Did Plant already turn the fight down before because he said it wasn't enough time to prepare? And is he now taking a fight within an amount of time that would not constitute a full training camp?

Edit: I get it you are a Canelo fan, just don't be one of those Canelo fans. You sometimes say smart things on here. Keep that up instead of the excuse line. Go run a marathon without training at all. Then go run one with a proper training regimen. Lo and behold your time would be better the second go. Is the poorer time an excuse or is it explained by poor prep? "Excuse" or not, it still matters.
Do you know Plants condition at that time vs now? If hes willing to take the best opponent in the world Id imagine he probably feels ready to do so, no?

Combat sports are always a risky thing... If you don't want any risk and 100% profit, just stream soccer, lol.

There are at least 10-20 million soccer players in my friends country alone (soccer players in clubs) ... Which means 20 million potential customers.
DAZN is much more than combat sports. They have bundesliga streaming rights and Series A I believe. EPL and Champions League in some markets

Do you know Plants condition at that time vs now? If hes willing to take the best opponent in the world Id imagine he probably feels ready to do so, no?

Could be. I'd love for him to have a full camp in and be ready to go. That would make for a compelling situation.

He could be saying yes the second time, because if he says no twice he might never get the offer again. Self belief in a lot of these guys makes them bite off more than they can chew in some circumstances.

There are also fighters who are more than likely remembered as great because of favorable matchmaking and circumstances. It can be both. Mayweather would argue with your points about being Spartan and do or don't. It's about lining things up keep other equal talents from fighting on an equal playing field. Takes away from the who is better argument.
I didnt dispute the power of the A side. I said no sympathy for Plant if he loses from me, he can either rise above or gets beat. If he wins under circumstances he has a claim to having accomplished something huge. If he loses hes...

Another fighter who lost to a better fighter.

The end.

Could be. I'd love for him to have a full camp in and be ready to go. That would make for a compelling situation.

He could be saying yes the second time, because if he says no twice he might never get the offer again. Self belief in a lot of these guys makes them bite off more than they can chew in some circumstances.
Doesnt matter why he signed. Pressure, readiness, etc... he signed and now his job is to win which is funny because that's Canelo's job too. All that matter now. The built in excuses change nothing.

Doesnt matter why he signed. Pressure, readiness, etc... he signed and now his job is to win which is funny because that's Canelo's job too. All that matter now. The built in excuses change nothing.

Doesn't matter why he signed. If he doesn't get a full camp then the fight is missing both at their best. No built in excuse. Who wants to watch a prepared fighter vs an unprepared one? That's pretty fucking stupid. It's actually a BIG detail that factors into the outcome. Plant signing is a strategic blunder. His fault, but also, a big contributor to defeat. Hey can you draw me a picture? No, you don't get a pencil. Hey, don't make any excuses. See the logic?

Doesn't matter why he signed. If he doesn't get a full camp then the fight is missing both at their best. No built in excuse. Who wants to watch a prepared fighter vs an unprepared one? That's pretty fucking stupid. It's actually a BIG detail that factors into the outcome. Plant signing is a strategic blunder. His fault, but also, a big contributor to defeat. Hey can you draw me a picture? No, you don't get a pencil. Hey, don't make any excuses. See the logic?
Youre making excuses for something that you dont actually know and that hasnt actually happened. Its reaching, at the very least.

Youre making excuses for something that you dont actually know and that hasnt actually happened. Its reaching, at the very least.
I can’t see anyone being able to beat canelo at the moment he is different level in my view. Some fighters could push him close but honestly at the moment I can’t see him getting beat.

I can’t see anyone being able to beat canelo at the moment he is different level in my view. Some fighters could push him close but honestly at the moment I can’t see him getting beat.
Its tough to favor many over him unless he were to dive into the elite LHWs. Even then Id still give him a chance, but at some point the size is too much.

I can see Benavidez being a real problem for Canelo.

Both these guys have probably been training regularly during this pandemic. What I’ve seen of Plant’s Instagram suggests he’s in good shape. He’s also fought once this year already so might not even be that rusty.

He has time to prepare. Pencil analogy sucks. You are suggesting Plant has five seconds to produce a pencil, in the analogy he should at least have time to go to store and buy art supplies if you are making a fair comparison. Aside from that, a truly great artist would do something crazy like break their own nose and draw in blood if they had nothing else.

End of the day, boxing is a fucking fight. All the strategy and gameplanning in world means shit if you never man up and sign the dotted line. And if he doesnt have all the time in the world to plan plan plan he should still be a fighter and maybe make a fight break out at the boxing match. Just stop with the excuses, it's up to the fighter to prove themself, and in the real world this is how opportunities are presented, you know it and I know it.

If it turns out the guy doesn't have a full camp--and given the late signing of the fight, it's distinctly possible--it's not an excuse, it's actually something that happened. I don't get this world people live in when they throw the word excuses around without understanding what an impacting variable can be, objectively, without someone crying about excuses.

As I said in another post, I actually hope Plant has a full camp so we have a real fight worth watching, rather than an underprepared fighter vs a prepared fighter. I literally want this fight to be as on the level as possible, but hey, that's clearly not what people want me to think as I say it right now.

He has time to prepare. Pencil analogy sucks. You are suggesting Plant has five seconds to produce a pencil, in the analogy he should at least have time to go to store and buy art supplies if you are making a fair comparison. Aside from that, a truly great artist would do something crazy like break their own nose and draw in blood if they had nothing else.

End of the day, boxing is a fucking fight. All the strategy and gameplanning in world means shit if you never man up and sign the dotted line. And if he doesnt have all the time in the world to plan plan plan he should still be a fighter and maybe make a fight break out at the boxing match. Just stop with the excuses, it's up to the fighter to prove themself, and in the real world this is how opportunities are presented, you know it and I know it.

Lol at you for criticizing a valid analogy and then choosing to extend your line of thinking by USING it. What a joke. Get another. Please.

And it being a "fucking fight," is absurd. You should know that if you've watched more than 1 boxing match. Boxing is a business first. Ask ANYONE in the business what comes first, the business or the fight. It would be nice if it was truly about two men, on equal terms, equipped thusly with their fists, seeing who is better man with their brain and their brawn, but that is not what happens. If you think it's a "fucking fight" you should think again. Just go ask Wilder about those shake weights Fury had in his gloves. Or, if I can sidestep the irony about Wilder (try to keep up), how about Margarito's hand wraps. Yeah those loaded gloves were an excuse weren't they? Mosley should have let him use those because it's a fucking fight. I don't get where you draw your arbitrary lines. Probably based on if you like the fighter or not. Actually, that is a trend in your posts.

Thanks for coming out.

Pertaining to the "excuses," read my other post. Or don't. Whatever.

Lol at you for criticizing a valid analogy and then choosing to extend your line of thinking by USING it. What a joke. Get another. Please.

And it being a "fucking fight," is absurd. You should know that if you've watched more than 1 boxing match. Boxing is a business first. Ask ANYONE in the business what comes first, the business or the fight. It would be nice if it was truly about two men, on equal terms, equipped thusly with their fists, seeing who is better man with their brain and their brawn, but that is not what happens. If you think it's a "fucking fight" you should think again. Just go ask Wilder about those shake weights Fury had in his gloves. Or, if I can sidestep the irony about Wilder (try to keep up), how about Margarito's hand wraps. Yeah those loaded gloves were an excuse weren't they? Mosley should have let him use those because it's a fucking fight. I don't get where you draw your arbitrary lines. Probably based on if you like the fighter or not. Actually, that is a trend in your posts.

Thanks for coming out.

Pertaining to the "excuses," read my other post. Or don't. Whatever.
I stopped reading at the part where you couldn't comprehend why your analogy sucked: a) nobody needed an analogy at all. We knew exactly why you were making excuses and being a Canelo hater
B) I didnt use your analogy to do anything but show you how 1 dimensional you were thinking, but anyway like I said I stopped reading, guess the cubbard was always full at your house, I'm just glad you clearly are gotten to, Canelo living rent free in your head bro

Good

Fuck dazn

Incorrect, the most popular is stil Mike Tyson and he has a fight this month.
{<redford}
e8374232df285bfd251cfe4b01aa7d59.gif

Back