Candida Die Off and Probiotics

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Todd Gack, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Is Candida Die Off real or just some made up hoopla to push anti-candida products.

Long story short, I took a long cycle of antibiotics 6 months ago and my stomach hasn't felt the same since. I took a short run of probiotics immediately AFTER the ab's which seemed to help a bit but since then I've still been having some GI issues. I just went to see my doctor and he told me it wouldn't hurt to take some more probiotics to help get the good intestinal flora going. SO I started taking 1 NOW Pro-B capsule each morning(8 billion live cultures per cap) starting last Tuesday and after about 3 or 4 days I started having almost flu like symptoms along with a brutall headache.

A quick google search gave me a bunch of links about Candida Die Off and how probiotics can cause this and that it's actually a good thing because it means Candida is being destroyed and the toxins produced may cause you to feel like utter hell.

It makes some sense but almost all of these sites mentioning this are selling some sort of Pro-B supplement so I'm not too sure. I read an old thread about how coconut oil can cause the same effect.

So I'm not sure if I should wait it out and continue taking the PB's or if I should stop taking them, or if I should lower the dose to maybe just 1 or 2 caps per week.

2. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell Brown Belt

3. turbozed

turbozed Red Belt

4. dashriprock

dashriprock Banned Banned

Sonny I registered just to post this for you. I never have bothered before.

I too took probiotics and got the same feeling you got. I asked the nutritionist who gave me the supplements and he said it was die off. (yeast and bad bacteria dying)

So he said take them longer. well, i felt like complete crap and it NEVER got better. And I took them for a LONG time.

It only got better after THREE weeks of stopping them cold turkey. Anytime I retook them I got the same flu like symptons.

It seems all nutrition myths are getting torn apart recently and I also believe this has been way overblown, people dont need probitotics.

Fermented milk products and sauerkraut are natural and provide benefits to your digestive system.

They may work for some but they definitely are a problem for some too.