News *****Cancelled*****Jake Paul vs Hasim Rahman Jr. Aug.6th Showtime PPV

Did Tommy Fury duck Jake Paul?

• Total voters
They changed the contract last minute, check the interview with Rahman about it and the proof of his statements.
source? All I can find is rahman saying,
I signed the contract to make 200 lbs in the three weeks, but my body wouldn't let me do it.
Couple this with the video of him being 216lbs in early July with plenty of fat on his body leads me to believe he was trying to come into the ring purposely heavy and assumed he’d get a fine but the show would continue none the less.

the day the fight was cancelled Rahman originally said he wouldn’t do 200 or 205 and wouldn’t fight under 215 as he didn’t want to give Paul an advantage over him.
That was his initial response to the fight being off.
he then changed his tune after I assume his team scolded him for saying something so foolish.
All of the additional weigh in dates were a game too. Rahman tried to play the game back but Jake only seems to like one way games.
Rahman still comes out of this with more free press, marketing, and promotion than money or a boxing team could buy or generate.

All of the additional weigh in dates were a game too. Rahman tried to play the game back but Jake only seems to like one way games.
Rahman still comes out of this with more free press, marketing, and promotion than money or a boxing team could buy or generate.

i agree with that. But I don’t understand why jr. Wouldn’t just work hard for 5 weeks and crush an experienced kid with a huge name and take that abnormal astronomical push and steal some fans.

there has never been a time where this is possible and jr played a game. All he had to do was just work and not eat so much for just 5 weeks.

jr won’t ever make any rupees now. People look at jake as a spoiled kid. But jr. Was a born millionaire. And can’t commit to 5 weeks of a once in a lifetime opportunity and with his experience he should have been able to outclass jake easily.

Jr. Pulled the stunt. He has t accomplished anything and had a sitting duck meal ticket and refused to
Put in the work. how often does a boxer who picked up gloves 2 years ago and is a star boxer fighting on Ppv and you could just botch it.

They changed the contract last minute, check the interview with Rahman about it and the proof of his statements.

I have only heard Rahman say that. And as a poster below mentioned, if he weighed 216 a while back, that is his fault for dehydrating to 216 and not losing it naturally. Rahman signed the contract to fight at 200, begged for 205, got it, then begged for 215.

That is not how you do business at all. Think what you want of Jake, this was Rahman's fault for signing that agreement and not fulfilling the terms.

I don't see how this is a positive situation for Rahman at all.

i agree with that. But I don’t understand why jr. Wouldn’t just work hard for 5 weeks and crush an experienced kid with a huge name and take that abnormal astronomical push and steal some fans.

there has never been a time where this is possible and jr played a game. All he had to do was just work and not eat so much for just 5 weeks.

jr won’t ever make any rupees now. People look at jake as a spoiled kid. But jr. Was a born millionaire. And can’t commit to 5 weeks of a once in a lifetime opportunity and with his experience he should have been able to outclass jake easily.

Jr. Pulled the stunt. He has t accomplished anything and had a sitting duck meal ticket and refused to
Put in the work. how often does a boxer who picked up gloves 2 years ago and is a star boxer fighting on Ppv and you could just botch it.
a guy that size could water load, cut carbs, dial back on sodium and then do a hard cut and make 200 in about a week. I’ve seen hungry young fighters cut 15lbs in 2-3 days for what they considered to be bug opportunities for them at the time.

There is 0 excuse for not losing 15lbs in a month.

a guy that size could water load, cut carbs, dial back on sodium and then do a hard cut and make 200 in about a week. I’ve seen hungry young fighters cut 15lbs in 2-3 days for what they considered to be bug opportunities for them at the time.

There is 0 excuse for not losing 15lbs in a month.
i actually agree. I find it pretty hard to believe he couldn't drop that 15 pounds in a month. Just by doing the water cutting thing, I would think he would get pretty close

i actually agree. I find it pretty hard to believe he couldn't drop that 15 pounds in a month. Just by doing the water cutting thing, I would think he would get pretty close
thousands and thousands of fighters do it every weekend all over the world. If sucks but it’s not hard

Not if he is weight drained and already known to gas though. I think we underestimated the ridiculous cut other posters called out immediately.

I don't see how this is a positive situation for Rahman at all.
How is it not?
Nobody knew who he was other than hardcore boxing fans.
Now all boxing fans know who he is as well as a big chunk of casual sports or social media fans. His social media probably exploded as well.
People will be interested in his next fight just to see what he is really about . He has some name recognition on his own now. As opposed to being the son of SR. that a lot of people weren't tracking to at all.

wait did paul post this thinking it proves rahman is afraid of him?

i mean, not saying hasim looked great, but he was barely throwing. i'm not sure jake could hurt him in a real fight. not to mention paul's defense wasn't that hot either.

Kind of figured that Rahman Jr. took it easy on Paul and let him do his stuff in sparring, so that he'd put himself in a situation where he's seen as a viable opponent. He was probably banking on the fight being too big to be cancelled, show up at 215 pounds and blow away the much smaller man within a round or two, make a bit of a name for himself. Ended up over-playing his hand, if he just lost the weight one way or the other, he probably destroys Jake anyway, clearly Jake is just too small, inexperienced and doesn't have the power to budge a legit heavyweight.

Not if he is weight drained and already known to gas though. I think we underestimated the ridiculous cut other posters called out immediately.
that would mean he cut weight to make 215lbs a month out to make those videos?

Which vids? Not 100% sure what you're asking.
rahman posted a pic in early July where he stands on a medical scale and shows his weight at 215, 4 weeks before there fight. He wasn’t sucked out and he wasn’t cutting from 230+ just to film a clip like that

rahman posted a pic in early July where he stands on a medical scale and shows his weight at 215, 4 weeks before there fight. He wasn’t sucked out and he wasn’t cutting from 230+ just to film a clip like that
I'm saying he already seemed to gas at his natural weight when he wasn't cutting as a smaller HW. So I would imagine a non normal cut to a consistent 200 pounds due to all the stipulations Jake's team added would deplete him.

Simple cut kind of goes out the window when you add in rehydration clauses.

I'm saying he already seemed to gas at his natural weight when he wasn't cutting as a smaller HW. So I would imagine a non normal cut to a consistent 200 pounds due to all the stipulations Jake's team added would deplete him.

Simple cut kind of goes out the window when you add in rehydration clauses.
if he’s gassing then doing extra cardio for a month and losing the weight naturally seems like a great idea. I haven’t seen their contract but typical rehydration clauses typically stipulate you can’t put on more than 10% of your body weight back on which would put him back at his walk around weight anyways.

if he’s gassing then doing extra cardio for a month and losing the weight naturally seems like a great idea. I haven’t seen their contract but typical rehydration clauses typically stipulate you can’t put on more than 10% of your body weight back on which would put him back at his walk around weight anyways.
It was not a typical ask. It was extra

Back