News *****Cancelled*****Jake Paul vs Hasim Rahman Jr. Aug.6th Showtime PPV

Did Tommy Fury duck Jake Paul?

• Total voters

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
19318691-6684-4955-B4B9-8CBF2679E2E4.jpeg https://www.thescore.com/boxing/news/2382016/amp

Jake Paul is finalizing a deal to face heavyweight Hasim Rahman Jr. on Aug. 6, sources told Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

Paul was initially set to fight Tommy Fury at Madison Square Garden, but Fury was denied entry into the United States on June 28.

The YouTuber-turned-boxer is 5-0 as a professional, including four knockouts. This will be Paul's first fight since he decided to take multiple months off after knocking out Tyron Woodley in December.

Rahman Jr., who last fought in April, holds a professional record of 12-1. He's the son of former world heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman.

Last edited:
i said that before your source did. i knew about 10 minutes after it was agreed to

Was fury ducking or what?
Paul seems to think he only had to go to the embassy

This opponent surprises me. First he is a heavyweight and second he is not a big name. He does not seem to have alot of power in 12 wins he only has 6 KOs. His opponents have a better record than furys and his only loss was to a 18-0 guy.

I saw a source that said it 15 hours ago.
yea, it was mentioned. i knew the actual specifics. i know tommy was given 24 hours and i knew it was going to be officially announced tomorrow. i know because i literally work with someone involved in the negotiations. what sucks about being so close to some of this stuff is that you actually cant break it earlier

This rahman jnr was on that mayweather 24/7 promo with the no time limit rounds in the gym. Think Floyd got in some minor trouble for it from authorities iirc.

I don't think it's a duck.

It can takes weeks just to get a US visa without any complications. Being put on a no fly list is no joke, you don't just walk in and ask to be taken off please. You'd need to attend a meeting with justice dept/embassy reps and kindly answer a few questions... meaning bring your lawyers.

And if the justice dept is determined that they want to play a full court press on Kinahans money laundering business links then you're shit out of luck because they don't give two fucks about Tommy Fury, they've been building a case for years vs one of the worlds largest drug dealers and that's what matters to them. He's not a US citizen so has no real right to demand entry.

Even IF you were willing to attend the meetings, let them comb through your finances/records etc it may take time to gather those documents, then weeks for that to get combed through by law enforcement & immigration beaurocrats. That's also if they aren't just using Tommy to then say, "whelp there's still a few loose ends to tie up, how about you have your brother Tyson come in tomorrow with his records and we'll get this whole thing straightened out..."

If they want to make life hard for anyone connected with Kinahan then Tommy, even though he's a nobody, might just be stuffed because they want to pressure other people.

Lol if only it was that easy to get a travel ban revoked. just go to the embassy and it’ll be fine? What a wonderfully naive view! The ban is nonsense, he’s guilty by his families association as far as I can see. However you clearly can’t get it resolved by just turning up at the embassy?

Last edited:
Back