Law Canadian police can now give you a breathalyzer test at home or in a bar or anywhere without reason.

Just to be clear, I see the intent. Let's say you're a (any sized) boat pilot and you hit something on the way to port. Right afterward, you're hitting the hay because you have another shift within some specified timeframe, say 4 or 6 hours. In the event the accident is discovered, they can come to you and prove you were impaired. But it's a total over-reach and still too easily abused, IMO.

2 hours after you have been seen driving is crazy.

You don't have to answer the door if you're at home.
Exactly why my properties are gated and my home has several large dogs patrolling. Cameras too. They can get a warrant if they want to talk to me.

Reading the bill over, I'm a little thrown by what I see as misrepresentations of the legislation (which nevertheless is a shitstain on the justice system.) I found the source of the "2 hour" interval. What I posted above is correct; they can charge you if you were driving anytime within the last 3 hours. The 2 hours comes from another section where it talks about taking the established science as absolute proof if you're tested within 2 hours of when you ceased driving. I.e. you will certainly be convicted unless you can prove there was an issue with the testing process.

That doesn't mean you can't be charged another 45 minutes later if you're still soused and can't pass a roadside sobriety sort of test.

Hands up if you have ever gone to bed drunk and you were still drunk when you woke up.

lmao @ this 3rd world country.
Damn you don't make me insult you back and then apologize for it!

Ci1bC4fUYAAG6uM.jpg

Can't fail breathalyzer if I butt chug via anal beer bong

<seedat>

The Islamic Party of Ontario wants to make alcohol illegal
(along with imposing the rest of Sharia law).

https://www.islamicontario.ca/Islamic-Party-of-Ontario-Principles-and-Policy_324.html

Imagine when they can come into your home and check to see if you've been drinking? Just like the Islamic morality police in Indonesia do by knocking on hotel rooms (and getting access) to see if affairs are happening.

This is off topic and has also been debunked as a Conservative party supporter created hoax to stir up some islamaphobia hatred.

Can you keep this stuff to Stormfront please?

This is off topic and has also been debunked as a Conservative party supporter created hoax to stir up some islamaphobia hatred.

Are you serious? This party literally just initiated (I believe at the end of December 2018).

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...on-believe-it-or-not-islamic-party-of-ontario

Look at the website itself. It is theirs, and literally one of their aims is to make alcohol illegal (along with drugs, same sex sexual relations [marriage too of course] etc).

Unless you have a link to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris-selley-canadians-prepare-to-be-breathalyzed

Global News published a neat sign-of-the-times story on Tuesday: Art, last name withheld, 70 years old and from Streetsville, Ont., reports recently being pulled over by the local constabulary and ordered to provide a breathalyzer sample on pain of arrest. The officer’s stated reason, by Art’s account: at the Beer Store Art had just returned for refund what the officer considered “an excessive amount of bottles.”

Art was sober as a judge, but he cries foul: “They shouldn’t have that right to pull a person over unless there is a good sign the person is doing something wrong.”

Art sounds like a reasonable guy. I imagine a fair number of readers agree with Art, and would be surprised to learn that the simple act of recycling could be grounds for police to jam a doohickey in their mouths. In fact, though, thanks to Bill C-46, which recently came into effect, cops no longer need any reasonable grounds to suspect impairment before demanding a breathalyzer test. So long as they pull you over legally, you’re fair game — and police have virtually unlimited legal powers to pull you over.
Hilarious.

how are they going to test you at home if there's no warrant to enter

I read about it in my morning newspaper, it's not a stormfront hoax lmao. How's the weather in self-delusion land?

yeah. They wont get a breathalyzer from me for no reason. This will help with drinking and driving as well as carding helped with crime. Just another way for cops to target people who piss them off.

No misrepresentation. I have an uncle doing 5 years hard time in Toronto for referring to a gender fluid person as "sir". Jordy P. got it right!

Are you serious?

You must be joking..?

I agree in principle but I'd like to see someone with a legal background interpret the law. Hopefully the Canadian bar association will put out a statement. I think my main point is that I don't see it being threatening at all the way it's written, and if authoritarianism is your concern there's far greater issues at hand happening all over right now.

But this thread is about this law..

This is exactly the place to worry aloud about this law..

Or are we only allowed to discuss the issues you deem relevant..?

The Islamic Party of Ontario wants to make alcohol illegal
(along with imposing the rest of Sharia law).

https://www.islamicontario.ca/Islamic-Party-of-Ontario-Principles-and-Policy_324.html

Imagine when they can come into your home and check to see if you've been drinking? Just like the Islamic morality police in Indonesia do by knocking on hotel rooms (and getting access) to see if affairs are happening.
You mean to tell me Muslims do all that shit sober?... now that’s fucked up.

Back