Canadian Novelist took steroids for 16 weeks and had to pee 15 times a day

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Nov 14, 2020.

1. TidWell Steel Belt

This is a long read but dam I read the entire thing, very good read for those of you interested in steroids and someones honest first hand experience. I think Ill pass on steroids this shit doesn't sound fun at all and complicated and too many sides all for what? Dude could have achieved that physique naturally or with just TRT and clean diet and workout.

In 16 weeks, Craig Davidson, a Canadian novelist, transformed himself into a hard-as-nails hunk by injecting illegal steroids. He loved his new body - but not the hideous side-effects. In this graphic account of being a 'roider', he recounts his hellish journey

[​IMG]

But that's only steroids - you need other drugs to stave off the potential side-effects, which include: hair loss, gynecomastia (build-up of breast tissue due to increased oestrogen, aka gyno; aka bitch tits), testicular atrophy, cranial and prostate swelling, erratic sex drive, liver impairment, haemorrhoids, impotence, cysts, acne, abscesses, renal failure. Hair loss, gyno and testicular atrophy should be considered absolute rather than potential hazards: you simply cannot expect to alter your body's chemical make-up without your body reacting.

My own steroid cycle went as follows: Dianabol (10mg tabs, 3 per day for the first 4 weeks); Testosterone Cypionate (500mg per week, 10 weeks); Equipoise (400mg per week, 10 weeks); Nolvadex (anti-oestrogen drug; 1 to 4 pills daily, depending on week); Proviron (male menopause drug, 25mg daily); HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, which is derived from the urine of pregnant women; used during Post Cycle Therapy to restore natural testosterone levels - 500iu twice weekly, administered with an insulin needle).

Believe it or not, it's a fairly mild cycle. Including diuretics and cutting and hardening agents, professional bodybuilders may have 10-15 substances floating around their system at any given time. Like alcohol or drugs, a body's tolerance builds up over time; top pros need to inject 2,500mg of Testosterone or more, weekly, to receive any effect.

Three days into the cycle, my nipples began to itch: onset of Gynomastia. Dump enough testosterone into your body and your system counters by upping its oestrogen output, which leads to a build-up of breast tissue. After long-term use, it can get so bad that some users require surgical breast reductions. I woke up on the morning of day four and nearly had a heart attack at the sight of myself in the mirror. My nipples were the size of milk bottle tops, stretched smooth as the skin of a balloon. The skin had formed into swollen pouches that looked like the rubberised nipples on a baby's bottle. I appeared to have breasts. Pendulous, malformed breasts.

Full story
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/may/18/healthandwellbeing.features1

2. HARRISON_3 Steel Belt

OMG

13 others likes this.
  3. Mean Farmer The next size up. Banned

I've never taken steroids outside of as prescribed for an allergic reaction but I'll get up to piss every hour if I drink to many rum and cokes.

4. liukangsmom Banned Banned

It depends on how old you are. The older you are, the less margin of error you have. There seems to be a sweet spot somewhere between a bodybuilder dying at 27 like Dallas McCarver and a healthy Stallone in his 70's. But we don't know where it is yet. Btw if you're old and low on testosterone, you're gonna have a lot of health problems.

5. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

That's an aggressive steroid schedule.

6. fungi rl

Pfft!
    I can piss 15 times per day without any steroids.

Just water!!!

Iroh, Herwald, TapSnapBreak and 6 others like this.
  7. sleepyguard85 Green Belt

This!

Herwald, fungi and Odysseus like this.
  8. Cole train Silver Belt

Trainers hate him

TheWorm, Randlewand, Horus and 3 others like this.
  9. Fatality Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Been there before. Did a half-assed attempt at water loading about 2 years ago. Drank 4-5L per day and felt like shit for two weeks straight before I gave it up. Pro tip: get professional guidance when trying water loading, don't just do it on your own like I did. You can really fuck yourself up.

10. CutStryker “The Prince of Darkness is a Gentleman”

Doesn’t even look that good

Fugazy, Robocok and TidWell like this.
  11. Raffen Banned Banned

I once thought about using steroids then I decided not to

Robocok and TidWell like this.
  12. TidWell Steel Belt

Yup, and he claims its mild, but all those roids and life long sides just to achieve a naturally attainable physique he could have just dieted and hit the weights to look like his after and save himself from all those sides.

13. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

He isn't going to suffer from lifelong side effects. It definitely wasn't that aggressive.
    He looks pretty amazing for a couch potato after a 16-week program.

This article is from 2008. I knew it seemed familiar.

14. TidWell Steel Belt

I thought once you go on steroids you screw up your natural testosterone production for life?

15. jgarner Silver Belt

I'm no doctor, but I think the body's ability to rebound back depends a lot of different factors like age, genetics, length of use, and stuff like that. Your body will eventually recover, but it could be quickly or be fucked up for years depending on each unique situation.

TheNinja likes this.
  16. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

This

HARRISON_3 likes this.
  17. Carol Baskin's ex-Husband Definitely not in Costa Rica.... Yellow Card

Steroids are for pussies....

18. EvilDDS Black Belt

Canadian novelist?

Anyway, never done roids in my life, and I would be embarrassed by that after pic in the OP

I'm older than that dude and would tell him, diet dude, eat well and you'll look good

lowlife, Ottawaguy and Brandon Wilson like this.
  19. Shaun K Yellow Belt

I probably piss at least 15 times a day. Am i broken?

John Mabrey and HARRISON_3 like this.
  20. Carol Baskin's ex-Husband Definitely not in Costa Rica.... Yellow Card

On a related note, it kind of goes to show how piss-poor the eye test is. Everyone assumes being on roids equals Paulo Costa, there's plenty of dudes that are using roids just to get to this novelist's level.